New Ranger/mazda Bt-50 Rust Issues...

funcat

I'd really have major concerns if I still had a child at school who was being subjected to his extreme and odd views. crazy.gif

I've actually gone and scanned the teacher's carparks at my kids school for Cruze's, just to be sure.. next up, white pearl D-max's.. cheesy.gif

If your kids come home from school one day and advise you to change the Cayenne and Evoque for a Cruze and D-Max, I guess you'll know why. biggrin.png

555 smile.png

Thankfully, the only car suggestions I get are from my 7yo, who just about every week shows me the red 458 Italia Spider he's set as his ipad wallpaper and asks: "Why don't you buy one of these?" w00t.gif

Obviously you advise him you can't as it's not good value, and only stupid people buy nice cars.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...don't feed the troll...wai2.gif

Better still, "ignore" the troll, saves on bandwidth thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif ...I'm still waiting for your report on your truck....I think,that most of those new trucks will have this problem...it's nothing really to be concern for now,since the fix can be easy...but I like to fix things immediately(!),which is not the normal case here...sad.png

Paid a visit earlier this week to CM dealer. When we bought the truck they told us to bring it in for a 3000km checkup (not service). So we did, tho' had better things to do with my time. Got that blank confused look from the people there. No knowledge of this checkup. Mentioned the rust. "Not rust, just colour. Can be cleaned off" <deleted>.

Paid a visit earlier this week to CM dealer. When we bought the truck they told us to bring it in for a 3000km checkup (not service). So we did, tho' had better things to do with my time. Got that blank confused look from the people there. No knowledge of this checkup. Mentioned the rust. "Not rust, just colour. Can be cleaned off" <deleted>.

Some of bolts/nuts have been covered with something red in color...maybe it's a rust proofing thing...but there is a real rust on some others,that might been overseen/mist...

The main issue is with injectors under the top cover...did they look there for you?

Some of bolts/nuts have been covered with something red in color...maybe it's a rust proofing thing...but there is a real rust on some others,that might been overseen/mist...

The main issue is with injectors under the top cover...did they look there for you?

They just weren't interested. Had to bite my lip.....

They just weren't interested. Had to bite my lip.....

The funny (or not) think is,that when I was there (at the Ford dealer) the other day asking about the rust issues,they told me to take it up with Ford(?!)...so I really had to ask them,who are they? giggle.gif

The funny (or not) think is,that when I was there (at the Ford dealer) the other day asking about the rust issues,they told me to take it up with Ford(?!)...so I really had to ask them,who are they? giggle.gif

Have you tried contacting Ford through their website. They do respond. Whether they'll be of assistance is another matter.

Have you tried contacting Ford through their website. They do respond. Whether they'll be of assistance is another matter.

I've had my wife trying to call the numbers of the NewRangerClyb site...but mostly got recordings...need somebody,who actually knows where to send it to...IMHO smile.png

I've send my photos to the dealers service dpt manager...still waiting for the response...

Here are the contacts from the Club site:

1. http://www.facebook.com/FordThailand

2. Hotline 02-686-5899

3. จดหมาย "ศูนย์บริการดูแลลูกค้า"

บริษัท ฟอร์ด เซลส์ แอนด์ เซอร์วิส (ประเทศไทย) จำกัด

ชั้น 24 อาคาร เลครัชดา ออฟฟิสคอมเพล็กซ์

193/144-145 ถนนรัชดาภิเษก คลองเตย กรุงเทพฯ 10110 ประเทศไทย

โทร: 66 (0) 2264-0099

โทรสาร : 66 (0) 2661-8344

Your problem does look like very poor grade casting metal. I remember when fooling with small block chevy engines to avoid block castings from Mexico as the metal was crap. sad.png

Be interesting to see if anyone else shows the problem here or your just unlucky.

I've had my wife trying to call the numbers of the NewRangerClyb site...but mostly got recordings...need somebody,who actually knows where to send it to...IMHO smile.png

I've send my photos to the dealers service dpt manager...still waiting for the response...

Here are the contacts from the Club site:

1. http://www.facebook.com/FordThailand

2. Hotline 02-686-5899

3. จดหมาย "ศูนย์บริการดูแลลูกค้า"

บริษัท ฟอร์ด เซลส์ แอนด์ เซอร์วิส (ประเทศไทย) จำกัด

ชั้น 24 อาคาร เลครัชดา ออฟฟิสคอมเพล็กซ์

193/144-145 ถนนรัชดาภิเษก คลองเตย กรุงเทพฯ 10110 ประเทศไทย

โทร: 66 (0) 2264-0099

โทรสาร : 66 (0) 2661-8344

Other posters have reported success in emailing various Ford execs directly.. Here's some names/positions:

Matt Bradley - President Ford ASEAN

Yukontorn Wisadkosin - VP of Marketing, Sales and Service TH

Use some imagination and you should be able to guess their email addresses wink.png

Edited by IMHO

wow, luckily I have no rust on mine at all and I drive through dirt roads and 20 cm water almost daily.

I imagine it was a bad batch of parts that affected trucks built at that time. Yours was earlier? Be interesting to see if they start turning up in UK or elsewhere. Or "seconds" only get delivered locally? Surely not.

wow, luckily I have no rust on mine at all and I drive through dirt roads and 20 cm water almost daily.

Did you actually look at your injectors?To find them you need to take the top plastic cover of(pups of) and there is another sound proofing part that has to come of(the 4 plastic bolts/knobs) to actually see injectors....I had to to tell those guys in Ford to do it,they wouldn't know where to look...

The respond from Ford here...from my wife translation looks like that they don't see the problem being a major one,which could affect the safety ,or performance,so...TITbah.gif

...it is not over yet,as more people are effected by it and more action is needed...

For those who can read Thai...

post-60959-0-45157200-1352961598_thumb.j

• Like 1

The respond from Ford here...from my wife translation looks like that they don't see the problem being a major one,which could affect the safety ,or performance,so...TITbah.gif

...it is not over yet,as more people are effected by it and more action is needed...

Get some OSPHO

Get some OSPHO

It's not really about cleaning the rust of,but about preventing it from forming on injectors which is caused by the cover being to short...the cover needs to be redesign,or modified...IMO

• Like 1

It will stop it.

I've used Ospho on the boat before and it is great to clean the rust...and it last some time,but it does not stop it...does it? smile.png

Not forever, but it lasts a couple years, it's cheap, heat resistant, easy to apply and looks good. (IMO) I would not recommend it as a rust preventative on a boat (particularly in salt water) but for this application I think it's perfect. Get a small brush and try a spot that doesn't show and see what you think.

Hey, maybe I’ll try it on my brake disks....

It will stop it.

I've used Ospho on the boat before and it is great to clean the rust...and it last some time,but it does not stop it...does it? smile.png

Not forever, but it lasts a couple years, it's cheap, heat resistant, easy to apply and looks good. (IMO) I would not recommend it as a rust preventative on a boat (particularly in salt water) but for this application I think it's perfect. Get a small brush and try a spot that doesn't show and see what you think.

Hey, maybe I’ll try it on my brake disks....

...so you know where to get it here?