Extension Of Thai Gov. Car Rebate Scheme ?.

tonika

Can anyone confirm whether there was an extension of time granted with the rebate scheme on new cars ( under 1 million Baht ) by the Thai Government, into 2013. We are thinking of buying a new car in the near future, my wife's friend told her to ask about the Government rebate scheme, as it's been extended to next year. Is that correct ?.

There was a flurry of media reports about 2-3 months ago stating that the government was extending the scheme until March 2013, however the official docs do not reflect this.. So it could be a case of misreporting or the excise dept. dragging their feet.

This PDF still clearly states that you must have evidence of booking the car before Dec 31 2012: https://firstcar.excise.go.th/fc_internet/form/manual_car_10082555.pdf'>https://firstcar.excise.go.th/fc_internet/form/manual_car_10082555.pdf

ซื้อหรือจองรถยนต์ตั้งแต่วันที่ 16 กันยายน 2554 และจดทะเบียน ภายในวันที่ 31 ธันวาคม 2555 ให้ยื่นเอกสารหลักฐานตามที่ปรากฏในใบค าขอใช้สิทธิ์ฯทั้งหมดภายใน วันที่ 31 ธันวาคม 2555

Which basically says "Buy or reserve the car between Sep 16 2011 and 31 Dec 2012, and submit your application with supporting documents before 31 Dec 2012"

My Thai is only so-so, so maybe a better reader will pick up something I've missed? The relevant website is here: https://firstcar.excise.go.th/

@IMHO, yes, you are right. Must have evidence of having submitted your application no later than 31 Dec 2012.

But it's still possible the scheme may have been extended. It would help me for sure because I don't think I'm ready to purchase a car for my girlfriend this year, but I might be early in the new year and would like to take advantage of this tax scheme.

@IMHO, yes, you are right. Must have evidence of having submitted your application no later than 31 Dec 2012.

But it's still possible the scheme may have been extended. It would help me for sure because I don't think I'm ready to purchase a car for my girlfriend this year, but I might be early in the new year and would like to take advantage of this tax scheme.

You can make a booking now - many models are not available to pick up until next year anyway - some are taking many months, up to a year for delivery.