Recent Things Rawai

grumpyoldman

People walking with ski poles...............

Could never understand this one. Why if you are just out walking do you need poles?

GuruDude and female companion. Probably American, don't know anything about geography and think they are in India. She's middle of the road and dang good catch for GuruDude, you'll see them walking about Sai Yuen in beige bedsheets.

Cafe Java opening up, owner had a pretty good thing going in Kamala before getting the big swampings due to a certain large tidal wave a few years back, opened in Patong for awhile now has landed in Rawai. I think worth a go.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People walking with ski poles...............

Could never understand this one. Why if you are just out walking do you need poles?

So it has surfaced here too.

Dementia skiing as we call it back in Finland has been around for an long time. Looks stupid but it's supposed to be really good workout for the upper body, specially for elderly people as it increases joint and muscle movement and flexibility.

There is also a similar woman, but older I have seen 3 times in the last week or so walking between Vichit and Nakitas on the beach road. I found myself wondering what her story was. How did she end up here, and how long her overstay must be.

Bangkok Bank should be open any day.

They were together when I saw them. She did not want to be in the picture when I asked for an permission.

There are still quite young people. Provided that they make the trip, they'll have way more life experiences compared to the people who stayed at home who keep on saying "I wish I had gone for traveling, but I could not because..."

There is also a similar woman, but older I have seen 3 times in the last week or so walking between Vichit and Nakitas on the beach road. I found myself wondering what her story was. How did she end up here, and how long her overstay must be.

Bangkok Bank should be open any day.

I've seen her quite a few times and she's either looking for her next crack rock, or all of her oars are not in the water as she never appears to be coherent.

• Like 1

recent Things Rawai......

Walking with ski poles...to beat off the soi dogs for sure....

What the story of the guy that looks like he lives in his grey car..???

that goes around feeding the soi dogs all around Rawai...

Have seen him shoooed away from a few places,

as he attracks all the filthy mutts and they hang around the bars and resturants as well..GROSS

the freaky lady maybe Katoy ??

that hangs out at the beach/7/11 end of rawai ...

is ok just messed up and harmless...

my telak gives here food money sometimes and buys her cold drink while we are having coffe at the pier sometimes...

which reminds me very nice coffe cart and lady set up shop on the road there in nice new white cofee truck worth a try...

New IRISH Bar being set up next to Shaggys Bar supose to be gonna serve real Guinness...will see..

also

am told buy reliable source that M&M has in fact been taken over buy Russian buyers.

Had a pizza there last week and can confirm the pizza sucked differant tasting cheese than in the past...hmmmm?

and last but not least

New bar constructed at KATES RESTURAUNT on soi yanui not finished yet but when done will be a nice place to have a quiet beer

talking them in to free wifi as well....hope so...

all for now

cheers

Edited by glassdude007

If its the woman who hangs around the 7/11 opposite Nakitas, she had some type of

accident and has a damaged brain so the local people say

Peter is she dressed in a beige, sort of peach colored bedsheet? Otherwise not the same.

Different lady mate, i am referring to the lady mentioned in post 14 who is not the lady you are talking about

Edited by petercallen

GOM - are you speaking of the dread-locked couple who always walk up and down Saiyuan? Both very fair skinned, with dark hair and often wearing, not bedsheets (lol), but linen or perhaps organic hemp clothes?

I met them once; very strange, but completely harmless. They spent a lot of time studying Ayurvedic medicine in Nepal and India, but that's all I know.

Initiating a conversation with them is similar to what speaking to a zombie would be like, I imagine.

Where's this new cafe?

as he attracks all the filthy mutts and they hang around the bars and resturants as well..GROSS

my telak gives here food money sometimes and buys her cold drink while we are having coffe at the pier sometimes...

which reminds me very nice coffe cart and lady set up shop on the road there in nice new white cofee truck worth a try...

New IRISH Bar being set up next to Shaggys Bar supose to be gonna serve real Guinness...will see..

also

am told buy reliable source that M&M has in fact been taken over buy Russian buyers.

Had a pizza there last week and can confirm the pizza sucked differant tasting cheese than in the past...hmmmm?

and last but not least

New bar constructed at KATES RESTURAUNT on soi yanui not finished yet but when done will be a nice place to have a quiet beer

all for now

cheers

the guy in the grey car has more compassion than you will ever experience , he spends everyday feeding soi dogs , attending to injuries , taking them to be sterilized , taking poisoned dogs (like mine to the vet) ...perhaps go and spend a day with him helping for free in the heat , with no pay.... instead of promoting dumps like Kates Bar ....

• Like 2

Kates is on that cut through road nearby Yanui bungalow that ends at Yanui beach, nothing special. Speaking of that road, seems to be a lot happening as I drove through there yesterday and it looks like someone is opening up an outdoor restaurant next to that tailor shop in the middle of nowhere, and across the street very close to flood plain it looks like a bunch of shophouses are going up. Just what that road needs!

also

and last but not least

all for now

cheers

the guy in the grey car has more compassion than you will ever experience , he spends everyday feeding soi dogs , attending to injuries , taking them to be sterilized , taking poisoned dogs (like mine to the vet) ...perhaps go and spend a day with him helping for free in the heat , with no pay.... instead of promoting dumps like Kates Bar ....

you not know me or anything about me .....

So don't talk to me about compassion that you know nothing about..

as for Kates....

If you don't like it there then don't go there easy enough ....

but to call it a dump is way of the mark....

Why don't you have some compassion,,,

For a poor thai girl ex waitress trying to earn a decent living running her own buissness ?

Instead of wasting that compassion on soi dogs ....

Edited by glassdude007

As I'm non native English speaker, could someone educate me.

Isn't this one case where the difference between "you're" and "your" really matters?