Opinions On Bathtubs...

Not about the brand, but you better put in a very large water heater with Tank (15,000B or more) and expect a huge electric bill every month. Friend put one in a large tub and tried using a 6KW on demand water heater....didn't even come close to working correctly. Water barely got luke warm. Just a thought.

Not about the brand, but you better put in a very large water heater with Tank (15,000B or more) and expect a huge electric bill every month. Friend put one in a large tub and tried using a 6KW on demand water heater....didn't even come close to working correctly. Water barely got luke warm. Just a thought.

Thanks for that info. I had been wondering about the heater situation

As ever in this life, you spend your money as you want. However, personally, I am mystified why anyone would want to install a bath in this (or any other) country!

Have you ever shared a jacuzzi with a little cutie?

If not, you have missed out on a whole lot of fun. w00t.gif

• Like 1

That's a jacuzzi, not a bathtub. Big difference.

I put one into my condo a couple years back. I looked and looked and looked and finally ordered one from Marino (www.marino.co.th) model: Sophia X MA-9926X. They have a big showroom on Sukhumvit Soi 1.

Love it. More than big enough to sit two comfortably.

Mine is fed from the on-demand hot water that the shower uses, and it is more than adequate. In fact, the unit I have has a small inline heater that heats the water as it circulates. The water never gets cold, and the electricity bill is not inflated either. A/C is the main culpret there.

One thought: The image of the model you are considering seems to place the two people sitting, more or less, side by side. Unless that is what you want, you might want to think about having your partner facing you instead. giggle.gif

(WHY did EDIT create a SECOND posting????)

Edited by WhizBang

I'm looking at the exact same model for our house. My wife contacted the company (La belle) and they are getting back to us as to where they have a real (working) show model.

I'll post back here if I'm able to find a real working model as to how good it is.

The price makes me a bit nervous at 35,000K, because it's way cheaper than anything else similar (most range from 60K-100K); I'd hate to get it all installed and find out the motor is absolute rubbish or something.

Edited by dave111223

The price makes me a bit nervous at 35,000K, because it's way cheaper than anything else similar (most range from 60K-100K); I'd hate to get it all installed and find out the motor is absolute rubbish or something.

That is cheap, but does it include delivery and installation?

My Marino unit was 115,000 baht, including installation. But that included 12 air jets, 6 large and 4 small water jets, pumps (air and water) and inline heater.

No complaints at all. Very satisfied.

I'm looking at the exact same model for our house. My wife contacted the company (La belle) and they are getting back to us as to where they have a real (working) show model.

I'll post back here if I'm able to find a real working model as to how good it is.

The one thing I am worried about is that the sales girl was telling us it is poor quality and made in china....of course she was commisioned by Christina brand so I have learned to be wary of helpful sales people trying to hawk their own brand. Also She said that it did not have the same type jets and not really a jaccuzi but more like just tap water pressure. When I asked what the motor was for then i got a famous blank look. Dave I would be VERY interested in hearing more about the working model. Could you PM me with the companies contact info please?

Google around - why not just built in a tile tub on an outside wall with pump,filter, and connection space access from outside. It will be 80% cheaper and last 10 times longer. Any maintenance or repair is done from outside the house. I used one like this in Japan and have always wanted one myself - why I have put it off is unknown, but this has me thinking about it again. The thing is you can then pick the size and shape you want as well as colors.

Google around - why not just built in a tile tub on an outside wall with pump,filter, and connection space access from outside. It will be 80% cheaper and last 10 times longer. Any maintenance or repair is done from outside the house.

Why not just a get a concrete mixing tub in the driveway and have your mother-in-law fart in it; that'd be a really cheap option.

• Like 1

The one thing I am worried about is that the sales girl was telling us it is poor quality and made in china....of course she was commisioned by Christina brand so I have learned to be wary of helpful sales people trying to hawk their own brand. Also She said that it did not have the same type jets and not really a jaccuzi but more like just tap water pressure. When I asked what the motor was for then i got a famous blank look. Dave I would be VERY interested in hearing more about the working model. Could you PM me with the companies contact info please?

I wouldn't pay much attention to the sales people at Boonthavorn, they have probably never even seen a jacuzzi turned on, let alone got in one. I'll get the contact info from my wife later and PM it.

If I can find the location of a working model I'll post the address here.

Google around - why not just built in a tile tub on an outside wall with pump,filter, and connection space access from outside. It will be 80% cheaper and last 10 times longer. Any maintenance or repair is done from outside the house.

Why not just a get a concrete mixing tub in the driveway and have your mother-in-law fart in it; that'd be a really cheap option.

Oh come on! we are talking about a custom built in system not a piece of crap - it will be nicer then the 150K jobs I have seen at the stores and a hack of a lot easier to maintain. Maybe you don't know how to use tools without hurting yourself.

I've had a normal-sized Karat bathtub in the upstairs bathroom for about 10 years and no real problems. We use it both for showers and baths and I haven't noticed that the electric bill is that bad (aircon seems a bigger factor). I started off running the bath from an 8kw multipoint electric heater, which was fine. When the element failed after about 5 years I replaced it with the same make but a 6kw model (I wanted it to fit on the same built-in footprint on the tiles and couldn't locate the larger heater locally). This is more marginal but still okay for a normal bath

I'm the main user but my wife sometimes gives visiting child relatives the chance of a bath and they love it.

Note that "Haco" is the distributor of Labelle in Thailand, contact info: http://www.haco.co.t...ntact/index.asp

They called us back and said there is no working show model anywhere in Thailand...hmm...worrying

When were you planning on buying yours @tuffy? Wouldn't mind being the guinea pig and buying it first would you ? smile.png

I might look around a lilttle more but I think next weeks some time, but sorry to say I won't have it installed and running for several months...

We bought a smaller model from ispa and have been very happy with it so far. We paid around 60,000 THB for it at boontavorn and they had working show models of most of their models.

Regarding the heater, we are using a 6KW instant heater from Siemens and after 8 meter of insulated copper pipes, the water can still get so hot that we can hardly get in.

Thanks for that info. I had been wondering about the heater situation

On the contrary I had a corner tub (perfect place for a tub in my opinion) and an on demand water heater. Worked fine. The heater was under the sink and did the basin, the shower, and the tub.

Why have a tub in Thailand? because sometimes it is nice to relax in a tub full of hot water. It has nothing to do with cleanliness. Get a bath pillow and a real book?

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

We bought a smaller model from ispa and have been very happy with it so far. We paid around 60,000 THB for it at boontavorn and they had working show models of most of their models.

Regarding the heater, we are using a 6KW instant heater from Siemens and after 8 meter of insulated copper pipes, the water can still get so hot that we can hardly get in.

8Kw heater is more suitable for spa bath sitting two people, esp in the cool weeks when temperature falls to the low 20s.

I have a Solarhart water heater,the water gets very hot,only way to

fill a bath here really,as sunshine is free,had it about 20 years now

and its still going strong,think it was 60K then,but I am sure it has

paid for itself,hot water to the showers,sinks,and bath.

Think they are lot more expensive now,(would be after 20 years)

but you dont need to allways replacing them like those wall mounted

heaters,and very important they are safe ,no electricity involved,well

there is a heater element inside, but allways have it switched off as

never need it anyway.

regards Worgeordie

I found out they have a working show model at Boonthavorn in Bangna, so went to check it out today.

The pressure from the water and air jets seems very good, and really gets churning, similar to any of the 100K range models. The motor sounds normal and motor/pipes/frame on the underside all look sturdy. It's on special at the moment from 52K to 42K for the air+water jet version, so I ordered mine, probably won't be 3 or 4 months until I actually get it installed though.

It does seem to be one of those "too good to be true" deals though, but I guess I'll find out the hard way.

I found out they have a working show model at Boonthavorn in Bangna, so went to check it out today.

The pressure from the water and air jets seems very good, and really gets churning, similar to any of the 100K range models. The motor sounds normal and motor/pipes/frame on the underside all look sturdy. It's on special at the moment from 52K to 42K for the air+water jet version, so I ordered mine, probably won't be 3 or 4 months until I actually get it installed though.

It does seem to be one of those "too good to be true" deals though, but I guess I'll find out the hard way.

Dave,

You are my hero! is that the same model i posted earlier? I might have to make a trip and see it for my self or I could just take your word for it. The main thing i was worried about that it wouldn't have good enough pressure for the jets, it does seems like too good of a deal though so I guess i will be there with you and we can both start a new thread in 5 months about what not to buy?......

no idea on your model but bathtubs are nice to haves ..had many over the years mainly fiberglass or epoxy with and without jets.....really a novelty...have one in our house here ...collects flies and bugs mostly ..used it about four times in 7 years....dad used to keep coal in ours in the London....lol

Dave,

You are my hero! is that the same model i posted earlier? I might have to make a trip and see it for my self or I could just take your word for it. The main thing i was worried about that it wouldn't have good enough pressure for the jets, it does seems like too good of a deal though so I guess i will be there with you and we can both start a new thread in 5 months about what not to buy?......

Guys don't worry, i bought the exact same one a couple of years ago and can tell you it works really well,

with good high pressure!

The motor inside is made in Austria and has 4.5hp if i remember correctly, there is also a 2 stage power switch

operating it on the function switch panel together with additional whirlpool and airpool switches and 2 LED lights that change colour.

Also an RCB safety cut out incorporated in the system together with a built in inline heater to keep the water temp up

during prolonged use.

You will need to buy taps and shower head set as an additional extra and have the holes drilled out buy the installation

engineer, make sure you buy a 4 piece set not a 5 piece as there isn't enough room to fit 5 pieces. I bought a

Cotto 4 piece set for mine about 15000bt, the diverter is built in to the faucet spout turning it 90 degrees allows the water

to flow out to the shower head.

I have an 8kw multi point instant water heater that supplies my one with no problem when filling it up mixing with the cold

otherwise the water temp is too hot, not forgetting that the water continues to heat as your running the motor.

Haco Group are the suppliers of this product here's their website: http://www.haco.co.th/about/index.asp

Dave,

Guys don't worry, i bought the exact same one a couple of years ago and can tell you it works really well,

with good high pressure!

The motor inside is made in Austria and has 4.5hp if i remember correctly, there is also a 2 stage power switch

operating it on the function switch panel together with additional whirlpool and airpool switches and 2 LED lights that change colour.

Also an RCB safety cut out incorporated in the system together with a built in inline heater to keep the water temp up

during prolonged use.

You will need to buy taps and shower head set as an additional extra and have the holes drilled out buy the installation

engineer, make sure you buy a 4 piece set not a 5 piece as there isn't enough room to fit 5 pieces. I bought a

Cotto 4 piece set for mine about 15000bt, the diverter is built in to the faucet spout turning it 90 degrees allows the water

to flow out to the shower head.

I have an 8kw multi point instant water heater that supplies my one with no problem when filling it up mixing with the cold

otherwise the water temp is too hot, not forgetting that the water continues to heat as your running the motor.

Haco Group are the suppliers of this product here's their website: http://www.haco.co.th/about/index.asp

Thanks for the info Sotsira,

but I was a bit confused on the part where you said you had to buy the taps and shower head seperate. I guess I assumed that all that i would need would come with the tub.

@DAVE, Did you have to purchase extras with your when you bought it?