How To Link To An Image In Another Post?

JetsetBkk

When I write a post, I sometimes wants to include a picture that someone has already posted.

But if I right-click on the image in their post, there is no "Copy link location" or any other way - that I can see - to determine where that image is located so I can create a link to it.

So how can I reproduce the same picture in my post?

^^

I see no pic in your post

But if I right-click on the image in their post, there is no "Copy link location"

yes, nerfing right-click contextual menus is a childish way to try to protect content.

you will find the picture's location if you view the page's HTML source in your browser.

P.S.

why doesn't your post show something similar to "Edited by manarak, A minute ago." ?

Now my reply seems out of context.

Edited by manarak

Hi Un -

clear Member

JetsetBkk,

That is what is called

All images Copyright © by XXXXXXXX-XXXXX Please do not copy or reuse any image without the photographer's permission.

Now you know.

By that way Jester of Bangkok you may always us my photos as long as you ask me first whistling.gif

Win w00t.gif

Edited by Kan Win

you will find the picture's location if you view the page's HTML source in your browser.

He didn't post a pic, just asking a question of how to remote link a forum image into a post. Viewing the source doesn't help as it is a link into a member's database attachments and looks like this.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=151387

just need to fool the content link filter by adding .jpg after the .php

i.e.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php.jpg?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=151387

Edited by manarak

P.S.

why doesn't your post show something similar to "Edited by manarak, A minute ago." ?

Now my reply seems out of context.

Now I see who you were referring to regarding 'no pic'. biggrin.png I was trying to work fast and my test failed so bit too slow before it was read. Edit by missing - Admin/mod privilege. wink.png Tried to work on it as a hidden post but couldn't so had to make it visible long enough for my correction. Sorry for the confusion.

Good catch on the filter. I was wondering about that but couldn't figure out where it should go.

Hi Un -

clear Member

JetsetBkk,

That is what is called

All images Copyright © by XXXXXXXX-XXXXX Please do not copy or reuse any image without the photographer's permission.

Now you know.

By that way Jester of Bangkok you may always us my photos as long as you ask me first whistling.gif

Win w00t.gif

Thank you dear Colonel. Of course I would ask you first... whistling.gif

(I just got the "un-clear" joke! Very good! laugh.png )

• Like 1

He didn't post a pic, just asking a question of how to remote link a forum image into a post. Viewing the source doesn't help as it is a link into a member's database attachments and looks like this.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=151387

Thanks Tywais - that'll save me searching through the source trying to find a way to do it!

I think the simplest way will be to save the image from the other post to my PC and re-upload it into my post. Seems a bit of a waste of time and bandwidth doing it that way, especially when the old software didn't hide the source.

I think the simplest way will be to save the image from the other post to my PC and re-upload it into my post. Seems a bit of a waste of time and bandwidth doing it that way, especially when the old software didn't hide the source.

thumbsup.gif

That's my take on it also after trying a variety of techniques with no luck. The previous system did make it easy including linking from a member's gallery which we no longer have.

just need to fool the content link filter by adding .jpg after the .php

i.e.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php.jpg?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=151387

Aha!! Looks like manarak's idea works. This is the link from another post with the ".jpg" added after the .php:

index.php.jpg?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=180644

So there are a couple of options to choose from - the "download/save/re-upload" option and the "find the link" option.

The latter option seems to give a full size picture rather than an expanding thumbnail. All interesting stuff...

Edited by JetsetBkk