Gf/condo Scam..is Possible?

tingtongtourist

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is wrong with you? Speak like a normal person, not an uneducated Thai hooker.

What's wrong with you?

Not everyone here is NES and even for those that are, it's not polite nor reasonable to make demands on them to write perfectly correctly.

If you had seen his post history he is from Australia which most likely makes him a NES.

I don't think it is unreasonable at all to ask for a literacy rate above primary school. You don't find this frustrating to read? Talking like that with your Thai "girlfriend" is one thing, but at least talk normally if you are going to converse with other foreigners.

If you disagree then I mayaswell just resort posting on his level. "no hab ploblem wit condo you tink too much"

What is wrong with you? Speak like a normal person, not an uneducated Thai hooker.

What's wrong with you?

Not everyone here is NES and even for those that are, it's not polite nor reasonable to make demands on them to write perfectly correctly.

If you had seen his post history he is from Australia which most likely makes him a NES.

I don't think it is unreasonable at all to ask for a literacy rate above primary school. You don't find this frustrating to read? Talking like that with your Thai "girlfriend" is one thing, but at least talk normally if you are going to converse with other foreigners.

If you disagree then I mayaswell just resort posting on his level. "no hab ploblem wit condo you tink too much"

so you think everyone who live in australia was born there?

frustrated englsih teacher then?

2.Uni girl IMO much more to worry about.can be much more smarter and cunning and exploit law that BG would not even know to do

I wouldn't be so sure about this one. Uni girl can be as honest or dishonest as a BG. Uni girl will have more theoretical knowledge or the education to find it. BG will have the experience of friends who have been through the motions before and you'd be amazed at how good they can become at it (or maybe you wouldn't be amazed, but many of them are very good if they make the effort).

As I said, there are good and bad everywhere, as it happens in any country. The difference is that the legal system in Thailand doesn't give enough guarantees for the foreigners, even if they follow the rules.

• Like 1

Why would you put a condo jointly in your name and that of a girlfriend who is not your wife (and whom you probably met in a bar), when you can own it 100% in your own name?

I don't actually believe a thai/foreigner couple can jointly own a condo in Thailand.

Where would it be registered?

In the Thai owned 51% or foreigner owned 49%.

The paperwork just doesn't allow it.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

I don't actually believe a thai/foreigner couple can jointly own a condo in Thailand.

Where would it be registered?

In the Thai owned 51% or foreigner owned 49%.

The paperwork just doesn't allow it.

You are misguided in your belief.

Hope the wife is not scamming me. I bought a house.

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

My neighbor thought the same, but in fact he only paid for the purchase and she rent the house.

1. U need to get a wife who is not a bar girl.

2 . The wife must be a uni grad.

3. She must be working. With an income of at least 50k Tb/ month.

4. Downpayment of no more than 1m tb. - she paid. I paid for the renovations and furniture by SB.

5. Installments to be paid on a fair share of 50/50.

1) no bar girls because most of them can't seems to find work after they stopped working as a BG.

2) I was referring to uni grad instead of a uni girl. English educated uni grad in Thailand tend to make more money. They also tend to behave more westernised.

3) It doesn't mean if u r a farang u have to pay for everything. If u r paying for everything, it is because your gf/ wife is too lazy and will be a real burden to you.

Get somebody who works and live a normal lifestyle. Be like who u r in farangland.

4) the house is in her name and she should be the one paying for the down payment. If she can't afford to get the down payment, why buy the house then. It doesn't mean she has to get money from her family, she needs to have her savings. Getting a gf who can't make more money than whatever they spend only means trouble.

5)All u need to ask is that if the girl really love u. All the Thai couples I know of are paying all their installments together, car, house or even the credit card bills.

4. Downpayment of no more than 1m tb. - she paid. I paid for the renovations and furniture by SB.

Why would a girl like this want me?

(or any other foreigner twice her age?)

Hope the wife is not scamming me. I bought a house.

Your post makes me wonder how many farangs on TV are of the clueless variety. Well, at least the girls are making out well..rolleyes.gif

Here we go again, EVERYBODY in TV thinks they get scammed from a Thai wife/GF, NOT so, many very good relationships too. I am married, got a kid too, bought a house and I sleep very well at night, thank you very much.

If the shit hits the fan then you will have to share 50/50 according to Thai Law for everything that's purchased during marriage.

Okay I am "only" 16 years older than my wife so I don't "rent" her like an old fart Westerner that comes here and have a 40 year younger GF, good luck to him, he gonna need it.

Okay I am "only" 16 years older than my wife so I don't "rent" her like an old fart Westerner that comes here and have a 40 year younger GF, good luck to him, he gonna need it.

That would depend on your age.

If you are 76 and she is 60 ..... no problem

If you are 32 and she is 16 ...... big problem

Why would a girl like this want me?

(or any other foreigner twice her age?)

cheesy.gif

im sure things cannot be that bad but still i relate with you on that comment!

certainly some of the characters you see walk around BK, you would have to get suspicious about why even the desperate BG with nothing would want to hang around them.

i do suppose having to live with an old fart and all his BS for any time is to admit..tough work

and then have to...err...do the deed with him as well

think again maybe a house and free condo or 2 is fair payment after allrolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Even more worrying is buying a condo from a thai and then finding out later that a farang put it in her name, didnt know she sold it - and he wants it back, claiming he still owns it. Has this happened to anyone?

That person would have no legal right to anything, whether he was a Thai or a foreigner. This is not a scenario to worry about.

Even more worrying is buying a condo from a thai and then finding out later that a farang put it in her name, didnt know she sold it - and he wants it back, claiming he still owns it. Has this happened to anyone?

The validity of the deed documents should concern you independently of the nationality of those previously involved.

Thais scam Thais just as much as foreigners, the (lack of effective) rule of law works for (against) them the same way.

Bottom line is rent.

Rent.

• Like 2

certainly some of the characters you see walk around BK, you would have to get suspicious about why even the desperate BG with nothing would want to hang around them.

i do suppose having to live with an old fart and all his BS for any time is to admit..tough work

and then have to...err...do the deed with him as well

think again maybe a house and free condo or 2 is fair payment after allrolleyes.gif

Getting good value in any market scenario requires you arming yourself with solid topic-specific information and the party on the other side of the transaction having less. Hence the fact I don't bother seeking companionship among BGs or even city girls, or those with tattoos etc.

You've got to get to the ones that aren't yet aware of their actual market value - or in fact haven't yet developed that value, e.g. by learning a foreign language, overcoming their terror of foreigners, etc.

And I'm lucky in that the above necessity driven by my poverty also happens to coincide with my genuine preferences.

so this question?

what do you think happen here?

Maybe the love sick dope just gave it to her or she had him bumped off.

Am I`m getting warm?

haha no, no-one bumped off at this time! probably because girl have all she want!

but yes, i did talk to my friend about this last night, he is the one who did tell me this story first.

he said he does not know any more but he believe he saw on facebook site..the second farang who live with her..now have picture with thai GF and in picture his face painted with make up to make look younger!! also say look like he have plastic surgery!

as i learn saying from another poster..jesus did weeprolleyes.gif

If back in the west we'd do most things 50/50 given marriage is a partnership. Out here it's difficult for foreigners to own some types of assets, so we do 100% of those assets in wife's name, and 100% of another asset in my name. In a partnership makes sense to do what you're best suited to in the interests of both.

Why buy?

-Nice to own your own home, rather than rent a place to live.

-Hedge your exchange rate risks. To replace it today would cost more than 50% more than when we bought due to exchange rate movements. The cost has now been fixed for life

-If I die the wife and kids now have a roof over their head regardless of what else happens

Why in wife's name?

- Originally to get a mortgage here, as I couldn't get one.

- Now the mortgage is paid, makes sense for various tax reasons. I'd rather the money went to my wife and kids than the tax man.

- We bought after getting married. Seems fair to share half of assets acquired after marriage.

smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile

If back in the west we'd do most things 50/50 given marriage is a partnership. Out here it's difficult for foreigners to own some types of assets, so we do 100% of those assets in wife's name, and 100% of another asset in my name. In a partnership makes sense to do what you're best suited to in the interests of both.

But in Thailand marriage is more like buying a service contract.

Why try to transfer you outdated Victorian Christian morality into a country that doesn't share it?

Any assets you can't own yourself, you shouldn't attempt to buy.

PS

Your housing costs have not been fixed for life, but only for as long as she allows you to live there. While that may in fact turn out to be life, statistically you have less than a 50% chance of achieving that aim. You signed a document at the land office stating, on divorce, this particular asset would not be shared, and was in fact entirely hers.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

Why try to transfer you outdated Victorian Christian morality into a country that doesn't share it?

PS

Your housing costs have not been fixed for life, but only for as long as she allows you to live there. While that may in fact turn out to be life, statistically you have less than a 50% chance of achieving that aim. You signed a document at the land office stating, on divorce, this particular asset would not be shared, and was in fact entirely hers. (emphasis added.)

Well said. I suspect the odds might be much worse than that when a homely man (to the woman) marries a woman 1/2 or 1/3 his age. In the US we strive to get a home paid for, for our security in later years. It's not possible in LOS. NOT possible.

Edited by NeverSure

PS

Your housing costs have not been fixed for life, but only for as long as she allows you to live there. While that may in fact turn out to be life, statistically you have less than a 50% chance of achieving that aim. You signed a document at the land office stating, on divorce, this particular asset would not be shared, and was in fact entirely hers. (emphasis added.)

Well said. I suspect the odds might be much worse than that when a homely man (to the woman) marries a woman 1/2 or 1/3 his age. In the US we strive to get a home paid for, for our security in later years. It's not possible in LOS. NOT possible.

It is if you live in a condo...

Am I to trust the Thai government to not change the rules, even for my retirement visa and I have to leave? Am I to trust that the percentage of condo ownership won't change and force me to sell in a down market? Do I really believe I have any rights in LOS?

If I buy a condo and get married, am I to trust the courts if I get divorced?

Am I to trust the management or developers or main owners of the condo when more than 1/2 is Thai owned and my fees can increase and be used only to pad their pockets?

Owning a condo isn't owning real estate IMHO. It is paying way too much for some perceived value, especially based on what I can rent it for. Someone pointed out that I can rent some condos for 30 years for the asking purchase price. By then I will probably be dead.

I am instead buying a duplex in the US. I will own the land and the building. I will have a property management company rent out half of it, and keep the other 1/2 for myself. That way I have good storage in my half and in its garage, and I have a permanent US address with a mail forwarding service. If I ever need to go back to the US due to medical issues and I need my Medicare, I just show up. Now I feel more secure.

Different strokes...

Am I to trust the Thai government to not change the rules, even for my retirement visa and I have to leave? Am I to trust that the percentage of condo ownership won't change and force me to sell in a down market? Do I really believe I have any rights in LOS?

Am I to trust the management or developers or main owners of the condo when more than 1/2 is Thai owned and my fees can increase and be used only to pad their pockets?

Owning a condo isn't owning real estate IMHO. It is paying way too much for some perceived value, especially based on what I can rent it for. Someone pointed out that I can rent some condos for 30 years for the asking purchase price. By then I will probably be dead.

I am instead buying a duplex in the US. I will own the land and the building. I will have a property management company rent out half of it, and keep the other 1/2 for myself. That way I have good storage in my half and in its garage, and I have a permanent US address with a mail forwarding service. If I ever need to go back to the US due to medical issues and I need my Medicare, I just show up. Now I feel more secure.

Different strokes...

I think your username was given to you at birth.
  • Like 1

Different strokes...

I think your username was given to you at birth.

laugh.png

If back in the west we'd do most things 50/50 given marriage is a partnership

As many here have pointed out from bitter experience, just as with a business partnership it can get real messy if it comes when it's time to dissolve.

At least here it's cleaner, you know from the start that 99% of the time any money brought into the Kingdom will stay here, and whether or not you benefit from it long-term is up to the locals.

Out of all the reasons you cite, this is the only one that is actually valid:

Why buy?

-Nice to own your own home, rather than rent a place to live.

Now for those that can afford to purchase that nice feeling by in effect making a gift that large to the person they're sharing X number of years with, then fine, just as any man feels good giving his lady a nice present.

And it's true that many men do end up living out the end of their lives with the recipient and do indeed also get some financial benefit, and when kids are involved that's also an important factor.

But these latter benefits are just icing on the cake and by no means secure other than at the whim of your partner.

Too many men who in reality can't afford such an extravagant gift, deceive themselves about that fact and end up endangering their future security - and/or happiness, when they realize they've transferred power over that security to their SO.

Again and again - don't invest more here than you're happy to walk away from when things start to go south.

Within that guideline you're OK, someone truly rich can bestow Ferraris on a Lolita's girl if he likes and no one's got anything to say about it. Just don't think any future returns are any more secure than your ongoing relationship.

• Like 1