How Do These Specs Rate For An Android Tablet?

giddyup

I'm trying to guage the best performance and features in a Chinese tablet For the experts out there, how does this rate?

Model FreeLander PD20 Great Version CPU Telechips TCC8923, 1.2GHz, Cortex-A5; GPU: Mali-400 MP Operation System Android 4.0.3 RAM 1GB (DDR 3) ROM(Memory) 8GB Nand Flash Shell Material Plastic Screen Size 7 Inch Type Capacitive Screen Display TFT Resolution 800 x 480px Visible Angle 150° Extend Card Support TF card up to 32GB extended Camera Dual camera, front is 0.3 and back is 2.0 megapixels Gravity Sensor Yes Multi-Touch Yes, 5 points multi-touch Flash Support Flash 11.1 Android Market Yes color black front and white back GPS Yes, built in Video 1080P, AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV… Music MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG Ebook UMD, TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2… OTG Yes Email and Browser Yes, built in WIFI Yes, 802.11 b/g/n 3G Not built in, support external 3G dongle: E1916, ZTE AC2736, HUAWEI E1750, HUAWEI EC122, HUAWEI EM770W Earphone Interface 3.5mm Work Time Up to 5 hours Battery 3000 MAh Language Dutch, Indonesian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, English, Spanish, French, Croatian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Hungarian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Roman, Slovenian, Finnish, Swedish, Swahili, Vietnamese, Turkish, Zulu, Greek, Ukrainian, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Hebrew, Arabic, Persian, Thai, Bengali, Korean, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese Other Applications ES File Explorer , Google Search, Google Maps, Browser, Gallery, Clock, Market, Calculator, Calendar, Video, Email, Gmail… Product Size 185 x 122 x 9.5mm Product Weight 325g Extend Port 1 x TF card slot; 1 x MINI HDMI port 1 x Micro USB port 1 x 3.5mm Earphone port Package including 1 x Charger; 1 x Car charger; 1 x Car Mounting Kit 1 x USB cable; 1 x OTG cable 1 x Touch pen; 1 x Earphone

Package Weight 805g

Specs are okay. Mine has mtk6575 chip, 1ghz cortex a9. Yours have dualcore a7.

Of course, to get ipad-like user experience you need quadcore and ips screen for android

I'm pretty green when it comes to choosing a tablet, so am trying to learn as much as I can. The tablet specs I showed are from a Tablet that costs just over a hundred bucks, so obviously I can't expect the same specs as from a tablet that costs four times more.

The display is low end at 800x480 and 8GB of internal storage is low also but you can expand it by inserting a SD card in the TF slot. I expect this tablet costs around B4,000. I would avoid it simply due to the low display resolution.

You get what you pay for. i was also going to buy pd20 like you, then i decided to buy one with 3g and gps for 150 bucks including express shipping. Plus, mine has 1024x600 resolution and hdmi out.

Mind telling me which brand you bought and did you have to paay import duty into Thailand?

Mine is no-brand (says Gpad in Box) tablet. Model is E600.

It can be bought from Aliexpress or Everbuying.com

It has 7" 1024x600 screen, GPS, Dual sim slots (one supports gsm, other one supports gsm + 3G), 512 Mb ram, 4Gb internal flash. Front and back camera (2 Mpixel).

I paid 0 percent duty and 7 percent vat on declared value of $5X usd which was like 140 baht or something in total.

Battery life on GPS is quite good, I get more than 2 hours using Sygic, it can probably do 3 hours in one time.

OP: You did not say what you want to use it for... your spec can be ok if you use it 30min a day to read two or three mails or to look at two or three news articles per day...

But if you really want to use it for surfing, then those specs will

- cause you nervous breakdowns from waiting for the websites to load

- cause you headache from the poor resolution of the screen

- will not allow you to get far away from a charging place (poor battery)

Really depending on your personal use case, it might be worth to take much more money into your hands. Does not have to be US£1'500 for the current high-end Dell XPS12 Ultra, but US£500 for a decent quality last year model will give you much better user experience.

• Like 1