Money In Thailand Stays In Thailand?

boone57

I was on an ED visa at the time, money went into my Thai account via International wire transfer (TT).

I wanted to wire abroad to an account in my name in my home country that was linked to a credit card that was paying bills each month for me. I tried to wire $1300USD (Thirteen Hundred only) and it was rejected twice in the first bank from their head office which I had an account, then I tried SCB who said no.

I ended up opening a Bangkok Bank account who sent it with no issue. Every time I had to fill a special form out, saying what the money was for etc.

Talk about frustrating.

Just to make it clear, if you don't mind, how long ago, where did this take place, what was the name of the first bank and does rejected mean they refused to transfer the money?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, it was Krung Thai Bank, the second attempt I sent from their head office in the farlang ghetto area in Bangkok and got a "boss" there and then to "approve it" and they still reused to send it. This was maybe 5 years ago.

I have since sent several times with Bangkok Bank and had no issues sending to an account in my name, you just have to fill out a form.

Edited by jcw

if you have a foreign currency account you can send money out of the country and with a few stockbrokerages will also send money out of the country through their corresponding banks, then you have the foreign currency shops especailly like super rich that will transfer money out of the country.

Does Vasu do the same?