Best Value Mobile Phones To Buy In Thailand Right Now?

fish fingers

Looking to buy a new phone- I've been back in the UK so slightly out of touch with whats available in Bkk right now

My shortlist is iphone, LG Prada 3.0(girly but nice design), Panasonic Eluga Power(waterproof), Samsung galaxy Beam or S3. I'm thinking the samsung might be similar price to UK so maybe i should look at something else

any good deals right now?

Edited by fish fingers

when are you coming?.. if still in the uk for another 4-5 weeks then order the Nexus 4

yeah i agree, no brainer at that price altho my feeling is there are so many people waiting for the next batch so wd i even get one? stuck in the UK because of a family illness but planning to be back bf then.

when are you coming?.. if still in the uk for another 4-5 weeks then order the Nexus 4

yeah i agree, no brainer at that price altho my feeling is there are so many people waiting for the next batch so wd i even get one? stuck in the UK because of a family illness but planning to be back bf then.

Personally I would still order it. Some are getting it earlier. Then if it is late get it sent over.

sent from my Q6

I can highly recommend a Motorola Defy. There are several different Defy models and all are water and shock resistant. I had one before I upgraded to a Galaxy S3. My wife wanted the Defy so that gave me an excuse to buy the S3. She is quite happy with it. It also has a good 5MP camera. The price won't break the bank either.

My galaxy s2. Turns itself off and stays off so can't be trusted as a phone. It also turns itself off and on again.People always tell me they hear a echo when talking on the phone. My observations are it is good for the Web but not as a phone.I was going to tape my old 800 baht phone to it so I could be sure to receive calls.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Bought a NEW iPhone 3GS. I'm tickled pink with it as it's my first jump to a "smart" phone, and has more bells and whistles than I ever dreamed of. Price: 6,500 Baht.

It's OK if you don't mind being just a couple of years behind the latest gadget, and not in the rat race of "I've-gotta-buy-a-new-iPhone-every-year-because-I-can't=stand-not-having-the-latest-toy." rolleyes.gif

Bought a NEW iPhone 3GS. I'm tickled pink with it as it's my first jump to a "smart" phone, and has more bells and whistles than I ever dreamed of. Price: 6,500 Baht.

It's OK if you don't mind being just a couple of years behind the latest gadget, and not in the rat race of "I've-gotta-buy-a-new-iPhone-every-year-because-I-can't=stand-not-having-the-latest-toy." rolleyes.gif

While I agree there are people who buy new phones simply to have the latest and greatest, that's not the only reason.

Phones, like computers, get slower over time. This doesn't mean that the actual CPUs get slower, but the software on them gets slower and slower. This is because they latest software is written for the latest device and expects a certain level of specs for CPU, GPU, and data connectivity.

Having and old phone running new software can lead to a poor user experience... much worse than an old phone running old software. But alot of times, you can't control what version of the software you run.

A bit old these days but you can buy a galaxy nexus in mbk around 11,000 and it's works great on jellybeans 4.2

Also the gs3 is about 15k thesedays

I will probably get a Motorola razr hd maxx with the 3300mah battery

Next time around though because Samsung phones are great but they barley last 5 hours on the little batteries

That come stock

I got the defy.. piece of sh!t. Laggy as hell

Do you think "laggy" is important? I really didn't find the Defy Plus slow enough to consider it a problem. It is WAY faster than my wife can think.

I only want to talk to close friends, so two empty soup cans joined together with string works..... if the string goes slack, he's died.

Please remember that he may not actually have died as the string sags in the wet which means that it is a dry weather phone.

While I agree there are people who buy new phones simply to have the latest and greatest, that's not the only reason.

Phones, like computers, get slower over time. This doesn't mean that the actual CPUs get slower, but the software on them gets slower and slower. This is because they latest software is written for the latest device and expects a certain level of specs for CPU, GPU, and data connectivity.

Having and old phone running new software can lead to a poor user experience... much worse than an old phone running old software. But alot of times, you can't control what version of the software you run.

This is wrong for Android devices. Updates to ICS to older phones actually made them FASTER, not slower.

Do you think "laggy" is important? I really didn't find the Defy Plus slow enough to consider it a problem. It is WAY faster than my wife can think.

Sometimes if i press a button it takes a few seconds to action.

Its a work phone full of telstra bloteware. I bought it because it has external aerial capability.

Gets great rural coverage.

Theres definately better out there for metropolitan use

Sometimes if i press a button it takes a few seconds to action.

Its a work phone full of telstra bloteware. I bought it because it has external aerial capability.

Gets great rural coverage.

Theres definately better out there for metropolitan use

Telstra bloat? Are you using the phone in Thailand? My wife is using the Defy Plus and I never signed up for the Motoblur account so very little bloatware. Maybe you have the old original Defy with the slower processor. The main reason I bought the S3 was because of the much bigger screen.

Have you got any test results for how fast your wife can think? I suspect most of us have never met her.

Personally I would still order it. Some are getting it earlier. Then if it is late get it sent over.

sent from my Q6

I was thinking of the Nexus 4 as well but I came out on the 10th so didn't bother. I wonder how much to send here and how likely to arrive?

Also is it likely to get to Thailand any time soon.

sent from my Q6

I was thinking of the Nexus 4 as well but I came out on the 10th so didn't bother. I wonder how much to send here and how likely to arrive?

Also is it likely to get to Thailand any time soon.

if you send it Royal mail registered then it will get here

Reply to defy+

Good point. If bought without carrier bloatware it probably be better.

I have defy mb526. Irs good for work and i dont care if it gets trashed.

My other personal phone is htc one x. Mbk grey import. Only use it in thailand every second month.

Highly recommended. Only draw back is covers and accessories are not in abundance as much as galaxy s3

Edited by eeeya