Vesper

khunAus

Hello

I am considering buying a vesper motorbike (older style), and am considering taking this back to Australia with me when I return (only an option at this point and atleast 6 months away).

I was wondering where is a good place to look in the bangkok area (are there any dedicated shops etc) and what sort of price I can expect to be looking at for one in good condition.

Any help appreciated.

Khun Aus

Edited by khunAus

Hello

I am considering buying a vesper motorbike (older style), and am considering taking this back to Australia with me when I return (only an option at this point and atleast 6 months away).

I was wondering where is a good place to look in the bangkok area (are there any dedicated shops etc) and what sort of price I can expect to be looking at for one in good condition.

Any help appreciated.

Khun Aus

Not too sure but try some of the motorbike shops at RCA.

Hello

Any help appreciated.

Khun Aus

Khun Aus,

Do not buy a motorbike with the intention of sending it to Australia

until you determine if the motorbike meets the Australian safety requirements for import.

A vast majority of motorbikes and vehicles (cars & Trucks) in Thailand do not meet the safety requirements of western countries because 1) the wiring is not the proper gauge 2) safety glass is not used.

:o

• 2 weeks later...

There are 2 nice looking Vespas for sale in the Rayong area. Falang owner called Barry has 2 for sale, both fully restored, new paint, recon engines etc and they are taxed and insured and have books. They also have quite a bit of chrome on them too. They look the 'goods' but after all they are only Vespas so they dont have the sexy look of a Lambretta !!!

There is a big scooter shop in Bangkok at Ratchathewi. Its called Thai Vespa Shop, they have a big spare parts warehouse as they sell a lot over the net. There are always at least 50 scooters outside and 6 more inside the tiny little workshop. They are all friendly and will always offer drinks or coffee if your shopping for parts. Limited lambretta stuff but endless supply of vespa gear.

Finally... this may be of interest.....there is a big scooter show on in Pattaya this month, not sure of the date, but there are bound to be several for sale on the day. Other than that try www.thaiscooter.com

scroll down and click on the Vespa & Lambretta Classifieds page. then just browse through the classifieds..... thats how i found my SeXy Lammy ;o)

good luck !