100 Replies Or More?

swissie

There are Topics that seem endlessly fascinating. Why would anyone reply to a topic that has been "chewed" by 100 replies already? (by that time off topic anyway).

Why not single out a segment and start a new topic instead of adding comment nr. 101 to something that has gone off topic a long time ago?

If worse comes to worse: The Mod's will have to take action. Something like: OK boys, we heard it all, swich over to PM, Twitter, Facebook or god knows what or single out a segment and start a new thread. Makes sense or not?

Cheers.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is like dancing: on topic, off topic and mix a freestyle in it. A long thread is like a comprehensive conversation. In a real conversation it is very difficult to stay on topic 100% of the time. People tend to sway and this is perfectly normal. It would be good if more people could take into account the entire topic while posting instead of focusing on 1 side track.

Im fairly sure this one could get to 100.

Let us take the numbers of signed up TV members...somewhere in the vicinity of 25,000 I believe?

That gives a lot of scope for many a comment past 100

So what will be the stakes? We have to bet about something. Honours?...

We are still on topic i believewink.png

Im fairly sure this one could get to 100.

Let us take the numbers of signed up TV members...somewhere in the vicinity of 25,000 I believe?

That gives a lot of scope for many a comment past 100

So what will be the stakes? We have to bet about something. Honours?...

We are still on topic i believewink.png

I'm guessing this one could be 200- 220 replies.

The topic has a lot to offer. I can see PayBoy reading now and he always has a witty one liner.

But seriously.. I think 100 replies per topic is fairly pedestrian.

You make one point, three people counter that point and so then you have to reply to each one to make your point. Starts adding to 100 quick smart

I reckon this one might make 100 (unless the contrarians avoid just to be defiant and/or so they don't feel predictable).

With some exceptions, I've never gotten why people are bothered by tangents or topics. You can post or not post and reply to the OP or a subsequent tangential post. Your choice.

What's the problem?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe

Though I generally avoid threads that don't interest me -- including those that are about things I've talked alot about before here and elsewhere (and anyone can similarly opt to avoid the same) -- I sometimes post just to say something like "I'm not going to post on this overused topic, EXCEPT THIS PART..."

How dumb is that? But It amuses me -- and why else am I here?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

I reckon that if all the active members added just one reply each this could go on to be one of the longest threads yet, but then many may feel the need to post multiple replies, so this will definitely go way past 100, if it did, would that be considered off topic?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Interesting, so you think i undermine the purity of this side thread within the topic by posting more then once? Please explain why.

coffee1.gif , OK, my hot dog was toooooo short and l had a short measure of coke, to top it all my lady ran off with a drug dealer who stole my bike and threw it off a balcony to be recovered and stolen again by a farang showing his bits to passers bye, who shot him and stole his credit cards.

Sorry, is this the right thread. huh.png

I think you wanted the Phuket subforum

What are the odds this one getting to 100? smile.png

And here I was, fingers poised above keyboard ready to jump in and make the 100th post in this crucial thread .... providing it hadn't gone off topic by then of course.