The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

1 hour ago, balo said:
I've seen it, big place, they need a lot of cutomers to make a profit.

I just hope they are going to serve laksa and if they do that it is good laksa.

Again, hope springs eternal.:whistling:

Edited by Jingthing

On 6/28/2017 at 6:59 PM, Jingthing said:

Yes, they're on eatigo.com but I wouldn't say it's the best in town.

That would be ANWAR on THIRD road, if it's still there, which I think it is:

http://www.anwarlebanesepattaya.com/

Sadly, my very favorite little Lebanese gem, Lebanese Gourmet, which was located in the current BOLLYWOOD KURRY location, closed for lack of support. 

Well, if Anwar isn't still on 3rd road, there IS an Anwar on the Middle Eastern restaurant row Soi 16 heading to Walking Street from 2nd (near the Marine Plaza Hotel, South Pattaya).

http://www.soidb.com/pattaya/hotel/marine-plaza-hotel.html

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...

BBQ Prime Time on 9 is having an all you can eat buffet this Sunday, July 23, 3-6 pm to celebrate their 6th month birthday on being open. It's just 149 baht.

I'm going as the BBQ is really good and the beer is cold also. They even have microbrews.

More info here,

• Like 2

Vickans been around for many years , and they know how to make Scandinavian food as authentic as possible, one of my favorite places to eat if I'm in the area. 30% sounds like a great deal, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Several good German restaurants in Sois 31 and 33, then there are Mom Aroi and Phatong Seafood down near the fish market. Down Soi 16 there are a wide choice especially at the bottom. 

Get out and explore

Just want to remind you guys about a Starbucks promotion thats been running in all July. Buy 1 get 1 free. All yiu need is the Starbucs app on your phone. It basically means "normal" prices at Starbucks. So bring a friend and enjoy.

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

The number thing for a Thai girl to do is go to Starbuck's and get a drink and post it on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.  Makes them feel important and Hiso.  Just shows the maturity level of some of these girls. Seems stupid to me as Starbuck's is some of the worst coffee, rip off places there is...

"The number thing for an Asian (with the possible exception of Japanese and maybe Korean) girl to do is go to Starbuck's...." fixed it. In China, for example, it's an obsession.

• Like 1

JT, or anyone else, which of the 3 Greek places on Soi Buakhao do you recommend? I was looking at my Pattaya map and found these three restaurants within 200 meters of one another!

They all have good reviews btw.

• Like 1

Just now, elzach said:

JT, or anyone else, which of the 3 Greek places on Soi Buakhao do you recommend? I was looking at my Pattaya map and found these three restaurants within 200 meters of one another!

They all have good reviews btw.

The Greek Grill House is now closed, so choice of only two. No informed recent opinion on your question.

Another Greek place to consider further away is El Grecos. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, elzach said:

"The number thing for an Asian (with the possible exception of Japanese and maybe Korean) girl to do is go to Starbuck's...." fixed it. In China, for example, it's an obsession.

It's an obsession for all the ridiculous people of this world it seems ?

Many still don't know that everything is better and cheaper around starbuck, not inside !

• Like 1

"Coins" on soi Bukhaow apparently (last week) has been taken over by the Retox group.

Todays special

Chicken Tikka Maasala,popadom, nan bread with garlic dip and pilau rice 149 baht AND a free glass of San Mig :thumbsup:

• Like 2

The Sportsman on Soi 13 is another option nearby - accross 2nd Rd from the Robin Hood. I would say the food is far better at the Sportsman, the Robin Hood is more roomy. I don't know if there are enough petrolheads to fill either place. Enjoy the race, elzach.

• Like 1

Da Cionso and Claudio restaurant

Italian food....Pizza Wood oven

Thai food

opening anytime in the old Greek food place on soi Bukhaow a few doors down from Chaba Hut and opposite Kasikorn Bank near to the food market/R con bend.

Good luck to them.....but :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 6/28/2017 at 6:59 PM, Jingthing said:

Yes, they're on eatigo.com but I wouldn't say it's the best in town.

That would be ANWAR on THIRD road, if it's still there, which I think it is:

http://www.anwarlebanesepattaya.com/

Sadly, my very favorite little Lebanese gem, Lebanese Gourmet, which was located in the current BOLLYWOOD KURRY location, closed for lack of support. 

ANWAR is still there, but... since he had to move to the "hotel lobby" place the atmosphere isn't there anymore. Food is still good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gforsi said:

ANWAR is still there, but... since he had to move to the "hotel lobby" place the atmosphere isn't there anymore. Food is still good.

Well that place had hookahs which I think are illegal now. 

Carls Jr. are running a lunch promotion from 2 to 5 pm .  

139 baht for a big burger, onion rings and a soft drink .  Great value if you ask me. 

• Like 2

On 7/29/2017 at 9:29 PM, Jingthing said:

Raju Egg and Veg

NEW. Only open a month. 

"Famous" specialty EGG restaurant from Gujarat India, now an international chain (India, Dubai, USA).

Every dish has eggs.

If you don't want to eat eggs, you're in the wrong spot!

First Location in Thailand.

EGGSCITING.:sorry:

Soi 16 (between 2nd and Walking Street) 

One of the famous Arabic sois

Location is close to Walking Street on the left side coming from 2nd.

NIGHT and LATE NIGHT ONLY! 

Opens 6 pm

Closes 6 am

What can I say? This is a new specialty to me.

Boiled, Fried, "Half Fried" (sunny side up?), Mixed in a "crush"

I did some research on the menu from their Hicksville NY location which has a lot more dishes than just egg dishes. But the Pattaya location is the real deal, the real core of their brand. Eggs, eggs, and more eggs.

It's got a real foodie following in India, USA, and Dubai so I consider that we're very lucky to have it here.

Prices between 90 and 200. I assume the dishes that aren't rice based come with buttered buns. If you want more buttered buns, you can order extra.

There are pictures of most of the menu on the wall but some of the dishes would be unfamiliar to most so I think looking at the website would help with learning about the options.

I had the green boil tikka at 200. Not a large portion but with the buttered buns very spicy delicious and filling for a moderate full meal (as I also had buttermilk masala 25).

The buttermilk masala was served in a charming old timey way. They did it in a blender and served it. When I finished the glass they came out and gave me the remainder from the blender! 

The half fried eggs spiced might satisfy people looking for a substitute spicy Mexican egg dishes like huevos rancheros. Indian and Mexican definitely have some similarities. 

Needless to say I love this new little limited menu egg restaurant but I already eat eggs as a regular part of my diet (not forgetting Shakshuka) so not sure I would go there very often as I don't want to eat eggs everyday.

But a great option for sure. I can also see it as a good base with the buttered buns for a night out drinking on Walking Street if you're into that sort of thing.

The entire Pattaya menu with best guess descriptions taken from the New York website:

http://www.rajueggandveg.com/our-dishes/

The link is from the Hicksville NY location. 

Eating at and posting about this great little new place makes me remember Edith Massey (the Egg Lady) fondly --

Ever tried pickled eggs, JT?