The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

2 hours ago, SePl said:

Mc Donald burgers are ok because I will never pay 300 baht for any burger at any supposed great burger place. And now even McDonald is too expensive for what it is. Starbucks are cheaters from the start and only idiots would support them, I agree.

Try 711 coffee, but only take espresso to know the real taste, even if you had your own milk, its a lot better than choosing their latte or any other thing.

And what do you think about Kiss food ? I read many negatives here from supposed experts who cannot explain why they think that Thai food is better somewhere else. I do not eat Thai food anywhere as most chef think about themselves as cook artists when they actually know nothing. At Kiss they are not asked to know anything, they are just told to follow the same recipe that is written, and nobody is interested in their culinary art !

Any Thai I have taken to Kiss likes their Thai food and after they have been once they want to go back. My gf loves their steamed bass with garlic and chilli dressing, the priciest item on the menu.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Actually a few of Sbucks food items are ok for a snack.  Some of the muffins are good.

The coffee I will say is the worst in Thailand for the price.

It is one thing for Thai girls a photo opportunity for Facebook holding up a Frappucino posting it makes them feel hiso.

I ordered an Americano and they dispensed premade from a metal spout not made fresh.  Then even added hot water to it.  So, cheap and lousy can't even make a fresh ground coffee?  Get a Cappucino literally 95% foam and a small shot at the bottom.  Paying their employees 1 buck an hour rip off joint.

Mcdonald's is the worst burger in Thailand for the price.  Sorry, another lousy cheaply made US fast food joint charging California prices and paying 1 buck an hour to their workers. Smelly garbage junk should be outlawed.

Hilarious. When was the last time you were in a Starbucks or McDonald's? I think you're making it up.

So where are all the great burgers in Thailand for under B100? Do they have an airconditioned dining room and a clean toilet?

I had a latte I paid B190 for at a hotel the other day that was much worse than anything I've ever had at Starbucks, yet still much better than the worst coffee I've ever had. 

Clearly you know nothing about how workers are compensated.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Just go to Amazon coffee.....50-60% cheaper than Starbucks.....

I like Amazon iced coffee, but hot not so much. I think a Starbucks latte or cappo is much better, but yes, considerably more expensive. 

Burger Map, outside Lumpini Ville condo complex on Naklua Rd, is no more.

It has been replaced by a new Korean restaurant called 7080. They have about a dozen dishes in an introductory offer priced at 149 Baht. Seating indoors and outside.

A previous Korean restaurant on the floor above was short lived and that was pre Covid.

I wish them all the best, but just a handful of customers at 7 o'clock tonight.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Just go to Amazon coffee.....50-60% cheaper than Starbucks.....

No. I'll just have my usual double espresso at a conveniently located Starbucks. Friendly, well-trained staff, consistent quality, clean, calm pleasant decor, a view from a well-chosen location, reliable air-con, listenable music, good-looking ladies around, upscale well-mannered customers rather than bar stool refugees or loud pensioners, international atmosphere rather than Thai moo bahn.

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 2

On 8/29/2020 at 1:57 PM, hackjam said:

Tried the Centara buffet breakfast Soi 15 today, 199B. Garbage. Missus tried most Thai items and also unimpressed.

Is she a food expert ? So funny to even consider a Thai opinion..

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/29/2020 at 1:16 PM, champers said:

Burger Map, outside Lumpini Ville condo complex on Naklua Rd, is no more.

It has been replaced by a new Korean restaurant called 7080. They have about a dozen dishes in an introductory offer priced at 149 Baht. Seating indoors and outside.

A previous Korean restaurant on the floor above was short lived and that was pre Covid.

I wish them all the best, but just a handful of customers at 7 o'clock tonight.

Informed that it does not open until the 4th of September.

It also states Thai/Korean buffet. So we'll see how that will look.

9 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

You need an expert to tell you what's good?

Is that haw you choose what music and movies you like, have an expert tell you?

at least i'm sure to never rely o any Thai opinion about ANYTHING !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, hackjam said:

Yesterday, went to Welcome Inn on Darkside for Sunday Roast. Had the mixed meat for 260B.

Outstanding value and enjoyable meal, could not fault it. Welcome Inn has A/C and had about 6 or 7 punters in at 15:30hrs.

thumbnail_IMG_2326.jpg

I don't say this often about food in Thailand, but that looks to be both good quality and good value. Obviously my wife thinks that 260 is extortion. What did it taste like? If it was cheap local meat cooked in an Otto oven then I'd gladly pay you 260 baht to take it away.  

4 hours ago, SteveK said:

I don't say this often about food in Thailand, but that looks to be both good quality and good value. Obviously my wife thinks that 260 is extortion. What did it taste like? If it was cheap local meat cooked in an Otto oven then I'd gladly pay you 260 baht to take it away.  

Apart from the beef being  a bit dry, everything excellent. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, hackjam said:

Yesterday, went to Welcome Inn on Darkside for Sunday Roast. Had the mixed meat for 260B.

Outstanding value and enjoyable meal, could not fault it. Welcome Inn has A/C and had about 6 or 7 punters in at 15:30hrs.

thumbnail_IMG_2326.jpg

Looks pretty damn good to me for 260 baht

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henry2109 said:

Da Marco Restaurant, Darkside

Toongklom-Talman Road, near Charknok Reservoir

One of the best restaurants in Pattaya, the kitchen is european (swiss, italian, no thai food). Nice, quiet setting, open-air. The food quality, the preparation and the service are top notch. Opening hours only evening.

Marco offers a weekly new set menue for 850 Baht, which is a good value. Have visited this restaurant many times the last few month and was never disapointed.

I was curious and looked at their web site, interested in their menu

Clicked on View Menu

Reply as follows 

"Our Menu is Coming Soon "

Yet they have been open for months?

Bizarre

Edited by seasia
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, seasia said:

I was curious and looked at their web site, interested in their menu

Clicked on View Menu

Reply as follows 

"Our Menu is Coming Soon "

Yet they have been open for months?

Bizarre

The Restaurant exists since 9 years. His customers get informed about his offers and specials via LINE. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

What was the weekly set menu when you went?

Cucumber Salad with Cherry Tomatoes and Shrimps

Pumpkin Gnocchi with Parmesan and Sage Butter

Black Cherry Soda

Wagyu Flank Steak from the Grill with Chimichurri Sauce

Vegetables

Vanilla Ice Cream with Caramel Sauce, Whipped Cream and Almonds

for 850 Baht

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, henry2109 said:

Cucumber Salad with Cherry Tomatoes and Shrimps

Pumpkin Gnocchi with Parmesan and Sage Butter

Black Cherry Soda

Wagyu Flank Steak from the Grill with Chimichurri Sauce

Vegetables

Vanilla Ice Cream with Caramel Sauce, Whipped Cream and Almonds

for 850 Baht

Sounds nice. How as the steak? I'm generally not partial to flank or sauces on steak.