The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

With the increasing availability (and decreasing cost)  of tortilla/wraps we should see more and more burrito offerings all over.

It's funny to see those nasty five-for-a-dollar "Tino's Burritos" at Villa Market...

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Possibly.

I would suggest the top sirloin steak one (they don't say carne asada) in the SUPREME style option. 240 plus 30 for the steak option from hotmeals. 

I must say though that occasionally they use a different (not nearly as good) style of steak in those so if you're very unlucky you might get that.

Safer is the shredded chicken if you like shredded chicken. 

Or ground beef if you like Tex Mex style (I don't). 

One of my wife's favorite things to order when we visit the US are carne asada burritos. Usually feeds her for two days...

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 2:33 PM, redwood1 said:

A review of a few things I have had from Hungry Hippo in the last month...

#1... Their Chicken Masala (Indian Food) Not bad but not good...Sort of edible.........  I will never order again....

#2...Their Hamburger......Worst hamburger I have had in ages......I bought it so I felt obligated to choke it down....And the fries were bad too....I will never order again....100% NO.........

#3...The  Lasagna........The Lasagna was pretty good, almost very good....I was quite happy and felt the Lasagna. was good food at a good price.....I would order the Lasagna. again........

anything I ate there was the worst of my whole life.

almost no meat in any dish, only vegetables...

On 7/6/2021 at 2:49 PM, LongTimeLurker said:

Had a burrito at Tigglebitties about 10 years ago and swore never again, it was bad. But maybe it's a new supplier now?

I have ordered the beef burrito from  Tigglebitties    https://www.hotmeals2u.com/ about 20 times now......Its as good as I have ever had......If you ever order also get the refried beans and put that on top of the burrito too.....Great....270 baht all in.......If you really want to go all out get the salsa too... 

Edited by redwood1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 1:57 PM, Yellowtail said:

How long were Texas, California and New Mexico part of Mexico, twenty years? Why is it Utah and Kansas do not have their own style of Mexican food? 

They were part of independent Mexico 20 years, but before that they were part of Spanish Mexico 350 years.

Edited by Espanol
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Espanol said:

They were part of independent Mexico 20 years, but before that they were part of Spanish Mexico 350 years.

Muchas gracias.

To add, an interesting connection of Mexico to Asean is that during the long period that the Philippines was a Spanish colony, that was administered from Mexico, not Spain.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

On 7/7/2021 at 2:53 PM, redwood1 said:

I have ordered the beef burrito from  Tigglebitties    https://www.hotmeals2u.com/ about 20 times now......Its as good as I have ever had......If you ever order also get the refried beans and put that on top of the burrito too.....Great....270 baht all in.......If you really want to go all out get the salsa too... 

Sounds like you are going for the Tex Mex ground beef rather than the steak. A matter of preference. I don't put an order of refritos over my burritos but I have often ordered that as a side for other orders, great value for 30 baht and it includes cheese. When you get delivery you can pimp up your food to your liking. Sometimes I order a side of pickled jalapenos, but I always add Chipotle Hot Sauce (sold at Central and other places) and my in house avocado to my burrito orders from there. I don't find their side of salsa fresca spicy enough.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 8:16 AM, Eindhoven said:

As an aside and off-topic I know; anyone who wants to have the real thing and not the rubbish they call Parmesan locally, can find this Organic/BIO Parmigiano Reggiano: https://www.carrefour.fr/p/parmigiano-reggiano-bio-aop-carrefour-bio-3560070924950 at half price at TOPS Central Festival. 190 baht. Ignore the price on the label. Good stuff. Cheapskates need not apply. It's quality at a reasonable price.

Just as an update; they are all gone. Someone grabbed most of them a couple of days afterwards. To save anyone making a wasted journey.

On 2/20/2021 at 9:59 AM, Jingthing said:

https://m.facebook.com/Trindys-Indonesian-Foods-103811118376701/

Trindy's Indonesian

Not open yet.

Date of open unknown or whatever soon means.

Specific location unknown. 

I think Jomtien. 

If you know spit it out.

Clever marketing of them to be mysterious like that.

https://goo.gl/maps/koxGeNSmAeSWaUVw6

On 2/24/2021 at 6:36 AM, Jingthing said:

As far as your general complaint there have always been and still are Indian thali offerings at very low prices, such as 100 to 150 baht for a full meal. 

Can you post some examples?

It would be interesting to know where.

On 2/15/2021 at 10:45 PM, jacko45k said:

You are only likely to get my attention with food types I am familiar, UK, USA, Mexican, Spanish, Chinese, Middle Eastern etc etc... but if you get into Georgian, Latvian, Russian and such I will be skipping over it.

Actually, just opposite to me: Mexican, Italian, Indian, Chinese or Thai restaurants are easy to find anywhere. But I would be happy to find Georgian, Ukranian, Russian and any other kind of restaurants difficult to find in Pattaya.

Edited by Espanol

2 minutes ago, Espanol said:

Actually, just opposite to me: Mexican Indian, Chines or Thai restaurants are easy to find anywhere. But I would be happy to find Georgian, Ukranian, Russian and any other kind of restaurants difficult to find in Pattaya.

Pattaya has all of those. 

What I really want which ain't gonna happen is Ethiopian.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 12:32 PM, Jingthing said:

I realize I'm kind of asking for it with this post, but I'm sincerely curious.

I've noticed recently that when I post about some more obscure "gourmet" type restaurants that offer for example Sichuan food, Georgian food, Spanish tapas, etc. that the response here to those is either minimal or non-existent.

Am I (or others) wasting my time even bothering to post about such non-mass market food types as above?

Actually I'm specially interested in those restaurants.

Indian, Italian or Chinese restaurants are everywhere, all similar and easy to find, but I'd like to know about Georgian, Russian, Ukranian, German, Danish or that kind of not so usual restaurants.

And, of course, I'm also interested in Spanish restaurants for obvious reasons.

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Pattaya has all of those. 

What I really want which ain't gonna happen is Ethiopian.

You can count on me to go and try Ethiopian restaurant, since I have never been.

On 2/1/2021 at 6:57 AM, Jingthing said:

Do you think current discount information such as promotional codes for delivery apps should be posted here or perhaps there should be a separate thread only for that kind of specialized information. What do you think?

I would vote for a separate thread only for delivery apps and promotional codes and keeping this thread one only for restaurants.

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2020 at 8:50 AM, Bruno123 said:

https://web.facebook.com/นนท์-ซีฟู๊ด-non-seafood-296146837769325/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Seaview upstairs. Located next to the Lan Pho Na Kluea Fish Market, so expect fresh seafood.

Khao phad poo 50 baht

Khao phad talay 50 baht

Phad kraprao gung 100 to 120 baht 

Total bill with drinks 240 baht.

Recommended. 

1688692469_nonseafood.thumb.JPG.5e3210efb86c926cb266319d503004e7.JPG

ร้าน นนท์ซีฟู๊ด - non seafood

Lan Po Naklua Market

392 Pattaya City, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150, Tailandia

https://goo.gl/maps/8jemHZ4cwXuDaJza8

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 2:19 AM, hackjam said:

There is a Mexican place next to DOM, think it is South American run, never been and never seen a review.

Yes, Peruvian restaurant.

Very good reviews about it in Google, but I have never been yet.

CHICHA Restaurant and Hotel

https://g.page/chichapattaya?share

Also rooms for rent daily or monthly.

• Like 1