1 Year Marriage Extension Visa

Currently on a 1-year business visa, I have to apply for the extension. In the meantime married to a Thai national, do I need all the following documents:

Application TM 7

passeport

Photo

Work permit

Marriage Certificate

ID Wife

House registration Wife

Recommendation letter company

Personal Tax

Personal Social security Payments

Balance sheet company

Income Tax

VAT record

Company registration

Personal Bank account

Do I have to go in person with my wife or like in the past can our company lawyer do the visa on his own?

Thanks.

Didier

• Like 1

if you are applying for a one year extension based on support, you will need to bring your bank's passbook AND a letter from your bank verifying your bank balance on that date . you will usually need to give the bank a full day to type it up and sign it . some on this forum say the letter needs to say the funds came from out of country however i have had 3 done for extensions and the bank's letters didn't mention this. going through bangkok bank for me, 2 were in english & 1 was in thai over the years so don't worry about translation.

Do I have to go in person with my wife or like in the past can our company lawyer do the visa on his own?

i believe she will need to come with you the first day as they will ask her a couple of questions. if all goes well with your paperwork and interview you will be given a "under review" 4 to 6 week extension and told to come back on the date stamped in your passport. you could come back in 2 weeks but your extension may not be ready, as the big book needs to be signed by the big boss. however, you don't have to wait until the last day to receive your final extension, usually it's approved at least a week before the "under review" extension.

your wife does not need to be present to get your final extension. don't be suprised on your one year extension expiration date, it won't be one year from your application date but according to your original visa or last entry into Thailand. however, the final one year extensions in the years to follow for you will be dated to expire from the previous one year expiration date.