Bullying Red Shirt Tenants Beat Elderly Landlord

webfact

My hunch is that these guys are common criminals that legitimize themselves by claiming to be Red Shirt soldiers or what ever. A better move would be for the real Red Shirt powers to be beat the crap out of these thugs and have them apologize, then make restitution.

• Like 1

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can only speak for myself, but it looks like all red-shirts have seen the light of righteousness, democracy and Thaksin. Does that count as 'tarred with the same brush' or just as 'birds of the same feathers'?

No I see alot of xenophobia over a headline

Well, I already admitted to Jingthing that 53 indeed shouldn't be described as 'elderly', but that's more a case of gerontophobia.

I'm sure the red shirt sympathizers wil lbe along in a minute to defend the actions of these thugs and somehow lay blame on the landlord...

Oh, looks like i might be a little late with that comment... "smear tactic"

How about we wait until the identity of the attacker is confirmed?

How many times have we seen claims made in some media outlets, only to have the stories modified?

I claim to be the prince of Moonbatislavia. Do you believe me?And even if the Redshirt link is true, do you actually believe this sort of illegality would be condoned by the UDD? I put it to you that if this man is linked to the UDD and has embarassed the group, he will not be protected.

Uh, you're not from the Moon blink.png

'not be condoned by the UDD' and 'he will not be protected' sounds just like you're actually contradicting yourself. Peacefully, within the law, of courserolleyes.gif

Not at all.

Establish the veracity of the claim first.

then if true, let's see what the UDD position is.

If the man is really an important UDD official, and if the UDD does not act, then yes, the UDD would have a credibility problem. However, we are not there yet.

In the meantime, enjoy a chunk of gouda.

I can only speak for myself, but it looks like all red-shirts have seen the light of righteousness, democracy and Thaksin. Does that count as 'tarred with the same brush' or just as 'birds of the same feathers'?

Well, I already admitted to Jingthing that 53 indeed shouldn't be described as 'elderly', but that's more a case of gerontophobia.

It is to many Thais.

I was unaware, but a lot of the rural Thais have shortened life expectancies, particularly the farmer segment. They tend to deteriorate rather quickly by age 60.

I asked my friend last night why he doesn't have a suit and he replied oh, that's for old men. Only old people wear that. The bugger basically called me a fossil.

Another of my friends, age 30, describes his parents as old people. His mum is 52 and his dad is 57.

• Like 2

I'm sure the red shirt sympathizers wil lbe along in a minute to defend the actions of these thugs and somehow lay blame on the landlord...

How many times have we seen claims made in some media outlets, only to have the stories modified?

I claim to be the prince of Moonbatislavia. Do you believe me?And even if the Redshirt link is true, do you actually believe this sort of illegality would be condoned by the UDD? I put it to you that if this man is linked to the UDD and has embarassed the group, he will not be protected.

'not be condoned by the UDD' and 'he will not be protected' sounds just like you're actually contradicting yourself. Peacefully, within the law, of courserolleyes.gif

Not at all.

If the man is really an important UDD official, and if the UDD does not act, then yes, the UDD would have a credibility problem. However, we are not there yet.

Unlike cheese, you seem to grow milder with the days. Don't be hasty, don't assume, wait and see.

Maybe just a change of heart or because this topic is about (allegedly) red-shirts. You still remember what you wrote 'two whole days ago' regarding the 'allegedly illegally signed by BMA contract and that has inflated costs' ?

It is to many Thais.

I was unaware, but a lot of the rural Thais have shortened life expectancies, particularly the farmer segment. They tend to deteriorate rather quickly by age 60.

I asked my friend last night why he doesn't have a suit and he replied oh, that's for old men. Only old people wear that. The bugger basically called me a fossil.

Another of my friends, age 30, describes his parents as old people. His mum is 52 and his dad is 57.

Getting a bit off topic, but part of the 'elder' is indeed local circumstances. Lots of rural folks having moved to cities for work seem to grow a bit older and more slowly. It might be work, but probably food.

The main difference between me and a Thai of similar age seems to be the color of our hair. Mine's white, theirs tend to be raven black. Like with all those worthy gentlemen in parliament biggrin.png

Not at all.

have to be pretty well caked to afford gouda heresmile.png

The article is not well written. Thai press should learn to write these stories to include the disposition of the charges against Lek and his men. We want to see that they were charged and indicted and waiting for trial. Just printing the story that Mr. Pin was beaten by Lek and his men is meaningless unless the crime charging and criminal process initiation is completed. It is written like cheap tabloid supermarket journalism.

The article is not well written. Thai press should learn to write these stories to include the disposition of the charges against Lek and his men. We want to see that they were charged and indicted and waiting for trial. Just printing the story that Mr. Pin was beaten by Lek and his men is meaningless unless the crime charging and criminal process initiation is completed. It is written like cheap tabloid supermarket journalism.

And there was I thinking that the reason this type of case was publicized was to prod the BIB into actually pressing charges. From experience, even with publicity, if the thugs actually have political connections, or a few thousand baht to spare, the case will be resolved without the necessity of bothering a judge, and the old couple can consider themselves lucky to be alive.

Just like the security officers of the Red Shirts party and the protest or 2010 and this is how they ran the demonstrations, forcing there will on the locals of Bangkok. They are just like their leader and have no respect for the law of the land or the good people of this land. The Pue Thai and the Red Shirt movement are a descries to this country and how the rest of the world see the why they are to Thailand. I only can hope that a new government will help Thailand and restore Democracy and work to stamp out corruption in the government.

THE FACTS ARE there was an elderly man beaten by thugs and they should be punished to the fullest of the law, it has nothing to do with red shirt or yellow shirt politics.

I have seen some bias reporting before but this is a joke,

also I know many "red shirt's and yellow shirt supporters and they are very kind and honest people.

and one more thing, I believe it was the "yellow shirt's" NOT following the law of the land that had taken power without an election "forcing their will on all Thailand"

if you don't like the ruling party then change it with a LEGAL election.

• Like 2

Just like the security officers of the Red Shirts party and the protest or 2010 and this is how they ran the demonstrations, forcing there will on the locals of Bangkok. They are just like their leader and have no respect for the law of the land or the good people of this land. The Pue Thai and the Red Shirt movement are a descries to this country and how the rest of the world see the why they are to Thailand. I only can hope that a new government will help Thailand and restore Democracy and work to stamp out corruption in the government.

THE FACTS ARE there was an elderly man beaten by thugs and they should be punished to the fullest of the law, it has nothing to do with red shirt or yellow shirt politics.

also I know many "red shirt's and yellow shirt supporters and they are very kind and honest people.

and one more thing, I believe it was the "yellow shirt's" NOT following the law of the land that had taken power without an election "forcing their will on all Thailand"

"I believe it was the "yellow shirt's" NOT following the law of the land that had taken power without an election "forcing their will on all Thailand" if you don't like the ruling party then change it with a LEGAL election. "

Are you suggesting that the Yellow Shirts and Red Shirts are political parties? I wasn't aware that the Yellow Shirts took power without an election and I don't believe the Red Shirts are presently duly elected and in power today.

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 1

"I believe it was the "yellow shirt's" NOT following the law of the land that had taken power without an election "forcing their will on all Thailand" if you don't like the ruling party then change it with a LEGAL election. "

Are you suggesting that the Yellow Shirts and Red Shirts are political parties? I wasn't aware that the Yellow Shirts took power without an election and I don't believe the Red Shirts are presently duly elected and in power today.

Depending on who you side, you could say yellow shirts are thugs and red shirts are thugs too. But 3 reds beating up on a senior citizen has to take the cake for common thuggery. bah.gif

• Like 1

With all the money being siphoned off of the rice scam the PT and red shirts under the tutelage of Thaksin will be around a long time would dearly love to believe it was red shirts that did the deed but any one can wear a red shirt and say they are a red shirt.

It is not exactly like the red shirts and PT have a patent on lying, stealing, thieving and bullying.

• Like 1

If the events did indeed occur as described (and I have no reason to think that they did not), it is a horrible, shameful event and the perpetrators should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Shirt color or political affiliation is irrelevant.

exactly, politicizing a case about four thugs like this is absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by nurofiend
  • Like 1

53 elderly? I think not. 53 is the new 45.

About the red shirt people accused of this crime, I am no fan of the red shirt thing, but it is not fair to paint all red shirt people with the same brush. Some are violent criminals, some are not, like any other grouping of humans.

I fully agree.

Than again, the Pattaya Daily News* is not a #1 quality newspaper, is it, using a misleading Headline and look what happens?!

*("Powerful news at your fingertips") bah.gif

Many people step in the poop they serve and condemn those low characters who beat this poor man.

Thugs, cowards and low characters they are, but to make it a politically tinted article is low class and that's what the paper is.

Low class.

• Like 2

Many people step in the poop they serve and condemn those low characters who beat this poor man.

Let's see if the Red Shirt Leaders condemn these low character Red Shirts. Let's see if they are denounced and removed from the organization.

Historically, that has yet to occur with the many previous violent incidents carried out by Red Shirts.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

Let's see if the Red Shirt Leaders condemn these low character Red Shirts. Let's see if they are denounced and removed from the organization.

Historically, that has yet to occur with the many previous violent incidents carried out by Red Shirts.

Someone believes everything they read in Thai biased newspapers.

Who still thinks the red shirts are good people after this incident? Doesn't give a lot of hope for the country. Lets hope more of thier activities are made known to the public.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

The scum that did this claimed to be security for a red shirt politicion it dosn't state it was fact. Don't you think you should wait for all the facts before making a statement like that ?

you really think there will be facts ?

The red shirts believe they can do as they want because the people voted for them and that they are above the law - they seriously believe that

It's a simplton childish attitude that has serious implications in adults

If the events did indeed occur as described (and I have no reason to think that they did not), it is a horrible, shameful event and the perpetrators should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Shirt color or political affiliation is irrelevant.

exactly, politicizing a case about four thugs like this is absolutely ridiculous.

No it isn't. How many more cases like this are happening around Thailand because these unelected red shirt bullies think they are part of the government, have all kinds of power and are untouchable?

Oh yes it is... Punch? Judy?

The journalist is quite obviously taking this incident and trying their best to clumsily twist it into a political propaganda piece. Red/ Yellow shirt sympathies aside if you can't see the obvious agenda here I'd venture you are a mite too gullible and it laces a huge question mark over your ability to discern fact from fiction, deliberate propaganda pieces from actual news...

• Like 1

The red shirts believe they can do as they want because the people voted for them and that they are above the law - they seriously believe that

It's a simplton childish attitude that has serious implications in adults

Just asked a group of my labourers, red shirts the lot of them and proud, if they believe that they can do what they want and are above the law. They said of course not, that's a complete joke, we're breaking our backs working in the hot sun for 500 baht a day... if we could do what we wanted surely we wouldn't be here?

I'm afraid it's a bit of a simpleton, childish attitude to apply such a sweeping generalisation to such a large group of people, especially when it is so clearly false...

No it isn't. How many more cases like this are happening around Thailand because these unelected red shirt bullies think they are part of the government, have all kinds of power and are untouchable?

The journalist is quite obviously taking this incident and trying their best to clumsily twist it into a political propaganda piece. Red/ Yellow shirt sympathies aside if you can't see the obvious agenda here I'd venture you are a mite too gullible and it laces a huge question mark over your ability to discern fact from fiction, deliberate propaganda pieces from actual news...

well in defense of Moruya

I would like to point out the red villages where you dare not speak out for the Democrats for fear of retribution from red shirt bullies.

In all fairness it would be nice to see some proof that they are in fact red shirts and not just some regular run of the mill criminals who bought some red shirts and are just playing off of the red shirt reputation.

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1

Then again, perhaps the reporter is just reporting what was in front of him/her.

The old lady did mention (If reported correctly) that she initially trusted them because they were red shirt people.

Also true, newspapers all over the world, credible and lacking credibility add words etc., which have no real need.

Japanese newspapers / tv news etc., always add the age of the person. In most cases unneeded but standard reporting process.

Just asked a group of my labourers, red shirts the lot of them and proud, if they believe that they can do what they want and are above the law. They said of course not, that's a complete joke, we're breaking our backs working in the hot sun for 500 baht a day... if we could do what we wanted surely we wouldn't be here?

I'm afraid it's a bit of a simpleton, childish attitude to apply such a sweeping generalisation to such a large group of people, especially when it is so clearly false...

A handy sample of red shirts at your beckon call? Deary me, i think i've heard it all....

As for generalisations, as i stated earlier in this thread, if members of a group do something stupid/illegal/violent, as appears to be the case here, and the group denounces these rogue members, condemns them outright, without any justification or excuses, and kicks them out of the group, well then any generalisation is completely unfair.

How many times have red shirts done something stupid/illegal/violent?

How many times have said red shirts been condemned by the group and kicked out forthwith?

If you answer those two questions honestly - which i appreciate will be a struggle, but give it a go - you may begin to understand why generalisations are made about the red shirts and why doing so is not completely unfair.

• Like 2

I would like to point out the red villages where you dare not speak out for the Democrats for fear of retribution from red shirt bullies.

In all fairness it would be nice to see some proof that they are in fact red shirts and not just some regular run of the mill criminals who bought some red shirts and are just playing off of the red shirt reputation.

Whenever a Thai has tried to intimidate me they claim to be from a "connected" family... at least that's how it works down here in the South, the reds here toil for a pittance while the real crooks rely on family ties and remain firmly above the law. They're the sort of families that bankroll media outlets to write deliberately biased propaganda pieces and work tirelessly in maintaining the Thai status quo of minority wealth and power manipulation vs mass poverty & ignorance... you know the sort that used the Tsunami as an opportunity to make land grabs and get into bed with developers to earn a fortune of the misery of others...

In your defence of Moruya are you actually going to defend the statement made that the blatant politicisation of this incident isn't ridiculous? Clearly there are bad apples in all groups, as there are good (in most) but as you point out we haven't been presented any evidence to actually confirm that these men were actually red shirts and if we had what bearing does this have on an isolated incident of bullying and intimidation?

It's very rare to hear a case in Thailand where the Landlord is the victim and the tenant the aggressor, the vast majority of these incidents are landlord intimidation against poor tenants. These incidents are rarely considered news worthy but I've heard countless cases of Landlord's bullying tenants here, evicting people unlawfully and violently, using electricity supplies and water as tools to intimidate tenants and raise rents etc. I wonder how many of the these rich and powerful landlords are sympathetic towards the red shirts and just why these stories don't even make the press whilst this is headline news? Hmmm... time for a bit of critical thinking thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

A handy sample of red shirts at your beckon call? Deary me, i think i've heard it all....

As for generalisations, as i stated earlier in this thread, if members of a group do something stupid/illegal/violent, as appears to be the case here, and the group denounces these rogue members, condemns them outright, without any justification or excuses, and kicks them out of the group, well then any generalisation is completely unfair.

How many times have red shirts done something stupid/illegal/violent?

How many times have said red shirts been condemned by the group and kicked out forthwith?

If you answer those two questions honestly - which i appreciate will be a struggle, but give it a go - you may begin to understand why generalisations are made about the red shirts and why doing so is not completely unfair.

There's a handy sample of all political allegiances just waiting for you to interact with them, they are called Thais... perhaps you should get out and talk to a few?

How many times have Americans done something stupid/ illegal/ violent? Millions of times daily....

How many times have said Americans been condemned by the group and kicked out forthwith? Virtually never...

So it's fair game to label all Americans violent, stupid and aggressive people because large numbers of them happen to be just that? No of course it's not despite being encumbered by a slew of emotionally repressed, intellectually challenged buffoons, some of the very best people in the world hail from the US.

How many times have black people done something stupid/ illegal/ violent? Millions of times daily...

How many times have said black people been condemned by the group and kicked out forthwith? Bit difficult really, much like the reds/ yellows, taking off a shirt won't change their skin colour or indeed their political sympathies...

Fair to label all black people violent, stupid and aggressive people because some happen to be just that?

Shall I continue or are you starting to get the point here, namely the alleged actions of a few people are not grounds to generalise about an entire group...

Whenever a Thai has tried to intimidate me they claim to be from a "connected" family... at least that's how it works down here in the South, the reds here toil for a pittance while the real crooks rely on family ties and remain firmly above the law. They're the sort of families that bankroll media outlets to write deliberately biased propaganda pieces and work tirelessly in maintaining the Thai status quo of minority wealth and power manipulation vs mass poverty & ignorance... you know the sort that used the Tsunami as an opportunity to make land grabs and get into bed with developers to earn a fortune of the misery of others...

In your defence of Moruya are you actually going to defend the statement made that the blatant politicisation of this incident isn't ridiculous? Clearly there are bad apples in all groups, as there are good (in most) but as you point out we haven't been presented any evidence to actually confirm that these men were actually red shirts and if we had what bearing does this have on an isolated incident of bullying and intimidation?

It's very rare to hear a case in Thailand where the Landlord is the victim and the tenant the aggressor, the vast majority of these incidents are landlord intimidation against poor tenants. These incidents are rarely considered news worthy but I've heard countless cases of Landlord's bullying tenants here, evicting people unlawfully and violently, using electricity supplies and water as tools to intimidate tenants and raise rents etc. I wonder how many of the these rich and powerful landlords are sympathetic towards the red shirts and just why these stories don't even make the press whilst this is headline news? Hmmm... time for a bit of critical thinking thumbsup.gif

It seems to me that you just read the bits of the article that you want to read and agree with and ignore the rest of it blaming the culprits who identified themselves very clearly as red shirt guards. More than a bit one-eyed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App