New Ford Fiesta & Krabi Ford Dealer

rayinkrabi

I had really good luck and dealer service when I purchased my Triton as well as second March. But my first March the dealer sales and service sucked.

Not sure I would call the fiesta a "micro" car like you did but that's not the point here

Diesel is 30 Bt per Ltr, E20 is 32 bt.per liter and 91 about 95 so I am confused about it being 14 baht more

I had really good luck and dealer service when I purchased my Triton as well as second March. But my first March the dealer sales and service sucked.

Not sure I would call the fiesta a "micro" car like you did but that's not the point here

Diesel is 30 Bt per Ltr, E20 is 32 bt.per liter and 91 about 95 so I am confused about it being 14 baht more

If you can still find it, 91/95 benzine (pure gasoline) is the most expensive as it's not blended (diluted) with ethanol. The 91 and 95 gasohols are cut with 10% ethanol (E10) and so cheaper than the 91/95 gasolines. The E20 is cheaper still as it's cut with 20% ethanol.

Wow...going from a pickup to a Fiesta is quite a change...I could barely shoehorn myself into one at the dealership. Even the Focus is a tight squeeze for me...but both are great cars, especially the top spec models. Driving SUVs myself for years, I don't think I cold ever go back to the compromised viewing position of a low lying passenger car.

Talking of MPG, yours Fiesta sounds to be using a lot ?

Maybe should have waited a few months and bought the All 'new' eco engine model ? in UK is the same MPG as the Diesel 86 MPG.......

The 1.6 sport Fiesta in UK states 38 - 46 MPG....... so a big difference to what your getting........

Are you sure you got it right ? I have a Audi A6 and 8-9 Km per Ltr is what I get with a much bigger car and engine......... The Mazda BT50 also get 14 Km per Ltr...........

Good information Ray, thanks.

My wife is keen on trading in her Vios and getting either a Fiesta or a Mazda 2 so we are just in the process of weighing up which one to go for. Did you look at the Mazda before deciding on the Ford?

(Luckily my missus has 10" arms, so the window buttons will work well!)

Evoque...maybe smile.png

He says he wants a nice one to look at..cheesy.gif

I won't tell my wife you said that LOL :D

Anyways, what I meant to say is "a nice looking sedan or coupe to look at" - We're pretty well stocked with SUV's ATM ;)

Good responses, thx all. Yep Ungabunga, I spent ages checking out the competition including the Mazda 2 which also looks a v nice car, probably better on resale value than the Ford. I have to say tho that I struggled with the Mazda website whereas I found the Ford website clear and much more user friendly, even lets you compare features on it's cars. At the end of the day it's all down to personal choice.

I agree that I could save a lot by using gasahol or E20 but I'm still a bit wary of it as I read mixed reports on it's effect on the engine seals etc. plus I understand the mpg (kpl) is less especially with e20.

On top of this, the Ford salesgirl advised only 91...yes, I know she is prob not qualified to judge or give tech advice so I really would like to hear the advice from the many experts on here..any thoughts IMHO etc?

We took the festa for it's first long run to Phuket and back yesterday, about 350 km total, good smooth drive, fully loaded with 4 adults and our 1 yr old daughter, surprisingly comfy. Good result as I bought a nice child seat in black leather to match the interior.

Haven't worked out the kpl yet but I was keeping a close eye on the fuel computer and the readout was most often in very low numbers (5 ltr per 100 km or less especially on cruise ctrl) which is encouraging. Cheers, Ray.