25 Rai, What To Do?

mr78

Hi I live about 80km west of Nakhon Sawan and a friend of mine from England is ready to harvest his crop of white raddish and he would like to know who you sell them to at 30bht/kilo,and the name of the village where your land is. We live in the Mae Wong area after Lat Yoa. Cheers Nigel.

Hi I live about 80km west of Nakhon Sawan and a friend of mine from England is ready to harvest his crop of white raddish and he would like to know who you sell them to at 30bht/kilo,and the name of the village where your land is. We live in the Mae Wong area after Lat Yoa. Cheers Nigel.

The 30b/kilo is a someone told someone and that someone told someone in the village, and then my Gf's family heard it and told it to us (you know how it goes). So I have no idea how much it really sells for, or where (somwhere in the Nakhonsawan city is all we heard). Sorry that I can't be of more assistance in the matter. If we can get some more info on it I'll let you know.

Our land is in Baan Laan. I had a look at a map and did a rough estimate that it was about 70km west of the city, but judging from your post and Khonwan's post it seems more likely that it's 100km or so from the city. So not very far from you it seems. If/when we get there I'll pm you guys and maybe we can meet over a cup of coffee or a beer for a chat smile.png

mr78, I guessed you were probably in Mae Poen. I always travel via Lat Yao but can do so via Mae Poen – you are a fair bit closer to the city than my 100km. I’m on the other side of the hills behind the Mae Wong district office (which is a 65km drive from the city; I’m a further 35km drive from the offices all the way round the hills to my farm bordering the Mae Wong National Park in Tambon Mae Ley; my eldest daughter attends school across the road from the district office).

Nigel, I’m growing 7 rai of radish though only as a green manure so won’t be harvesting them. I also rented out 20 rai for 150 baht per rai for two months that are due to be harvested. There is only a limited quota of radish purchased (mostly for export, I believe). A great many farmers who fail to harvest in time find their crop surplus to requirements and have no option than to plough it all back into the soil. My wife tells me that the couple renting our land has a contract to sell the radish for 1,000 baht per tonne (ONE baht per kg, not Bt30); the purchaser is not from our area – my wife thinks he is from Korat (he collects). Have we met, Nigel? I have a dreadful memory but your name rings a bell and makes me think you have visited us some time ago.

Rgds

Khonwan