Dry Roasted Peanuts - Pattaya

RandomSand

I haven't seen what I consider dry roasted peanuts for sale in Thailand.

Yes, you can buy in the shell, you can buy boiled, you can buy shelled (with skins or without skins) in bulk, you can buy semi-burned like Thais use in somtum, but I don't think they sell dry roasted. I've tried them all and none taste dry roasted to me!

On the other hand, maybe they've got some imported stuff like this at places like Villa. I really haven't looked all that hard but I certainly haven't noticed any:

post-37101-0-87960200-1358239762_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

Purchased today, Tops at Tukcom, 22THB

post-10942-0-81924300-1358332558_thumb.p

Greek to me? So these are actually dry roasted? Salted? In the US generally the dry roasted peanuts are sold shelled.

Peanuts can be dry roasted in the shell. I didn't know that until I just looked it up.

Edited by Jingthing

Greek to me? So these are actually dry roasted? Salted? In the US generally the dry roasted peanuts are sold shelled.

Peanuts can be dry roasted in the shell. I didn't know that until I just looked it up.

Did you live in a cave in the US?

• Like 1

I'll bet the OP was referring to Planters Dry Roasted peanuts or similar. Both the dry and oil cooked have 22% fat. Planters dry roasted ingredients:

Ingredients: PEANUTS, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: SEA SALT, SPICES (CONTAINS CELERY), DRIED ONION, DRIED GARLIC, PAPRIKA, NATURAL FLAVOR, SUGAR, GELATIN, TORULA YEAST, CORNSTARCH, DRIED CORN SYRUP, MALTODEXTRIN.

Did you live in a cave in the US?

I wish I could afford a cave!
  • Like 1

Yes I did mean the Planters type - or the British version which is made by KP foods and has the same ingredients.

Another think I can't seem to find is Twiglets. I guess only Brits would know about, or even enjoy eating, tasty little Twiglets !! ( they're little brown wheat sticks covered in dried Vegemite / Marmite, fyi).

Edited by RandomSand

Yes I did mean the Planters type - or the British version which is made by KP foods and has the same ingredients.

Another think I can't seem to find is Twiglets. I guess only Brits would know about, or even enjoy eating, tasty little Twiglets !! ( they're little brown wheat sticks covered in dried Vegemite / Marmite, fyi).

Planters! Yum!!!!

ok you guys/gals have me hungry again! :(

Speaking of peanuts, our driver got me some boiled peanuts.

I LOVE boiled peanuts .

I bit into one.

<deleted>???? it was SWEET! :(

still good, but in hawaii and in the south of the US, the boiled peanuts are slightly salty.

:( i guess i'll have to make my own, that is, IF i can find some raw peanuts in the shell

Planters! Yum!!!!

ok you guys/gals have me hungry again! sad.png

Speaking of peanuts, our driver got me some boiled peanuts.

I LOVE boiled peanuts .

I bit into one.

<deleted>???? it was SWEET! sad.png

still good, but in hawaii and in the south of the US, the boiled peanuts are slightly salty.

sad.png i guess i'll have to make my own, that is, IF i can find some raw peanuts in the shell

See post # 2