Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Many of the farm back roads in our area became virtually impossible to use after the big rains and so needed repairing.

The roads are much better now but still are very soft and can be quite challenging to drive on.Not appreciating my style

of riding on the way up to Uncles rubber farm,Mrs Shaggy decided that she wanted to ride the bike on a downhill section

of the track.Our fearless little boy acted as navigator and plotted the course out for her.

That's where we need to go Mam

20130802-P1040337-002.jpg

Both looking a little apprehensive

20130802-P1040335.jpg

Thankfully they waited for me at the bottom

20130802-P1040338-003.jpg

The color accuracy and saturation in your photos are quite remarkable. Are they tweaked or just the characteristics of the camera?

The color accuracy and saturation in your photos are quite remarkable. Are they tweaked or just the characteristics of the camera?

These are the standards settings (manual),with the last set that I uploaded I only cropped,re-sized and put a little bit of shadow in to tone them done a bit.

In day light my camera works fine,only fading light and night time are a problem.I also have a setting called 'vivid colour' can get some nice effects but need to

be careful,good for using on overcast days.

Wouldn't it be great is we got a Farm Photo in ...

That would be great David......

You Guys and Gal (MissFarmGirl wai.gif ) have shared so many wonderful photos,picking out an individual photo would be neigh on impossible.

You are to kind.

Most of the good stuff is about people.

That doesn't pass muster for a Calendar.

Now here's an Idea ... a Farming Calendar ... w00t.gif

Maybe based on what ever product is planted or harvested for that month.

In the barren months maybe a few livestock or fish etc shots.

• Like 2

A "Farming calander", great idea. Only.....certain people should be barred from the judging, unless you want it full of bloody ducks! rolleyes.gif

Regards.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif ...... No there might be an old goat or two judging too ... so goats too! tongue.png

IMG_6934.JPG

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 2

A "Farming calander", great idea. Only.....certain people should be barred from the judging, unless you want it full of bloody ducks! rolleyes.gif

Regards.

Wash your mouth out you filthy heathen!!!

Tssk,a calender full of ducks.....who in their right mind would want that? crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

• Like 1

Regards.

Wash your mouth out you filthy heathen!!!

Tssk,a calender full of ducks.....who in their right mind would want that? crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

I've got Jan-Sept covered :)

• Like 1

What started off as a simple task of taking a couple of photos ended up in me doing a quick backwards retreat.............to be continued

I think I can relate. Let me take a wild guessfacepalm.gif :

After your prescence in their comfort zone was repeatedly acknowleged with MOOO, MOOOOOH. They physically confronted you...rolleyes.gif

Regards.

I'll run the idea past Tywais, he's a reasonable bloke just to make sure it doesn't conflict with anything in the broader arena.

I'll come back to you with an answer soon.

EDIT ... have just seen that Shaggy has done that already with the idea.

I'll leave it to you guys.

Edited by David48

Regards.

I'll run the idea past Tywais, he's a reasonable bloke just to make sure it doesn't conflict with anything in the broader arena.

I'll come back to you with an answer soon.

Already done that mate and got a reply,just waiting to hear back from Tywais to see if it is ok to copy and paste his PM

Have just sent a PM to Tywais to see if it is possible.............come on guys,hit me with your best shots !!!!!

I am with you, Shaggythumbsup.gif. But this means prematurely revealing pics, I haven't considered and blethered about yet...

Ah well...coffee1.gif

What's cooking? Shall I revealrolleyes.gif ?

IMG_0687.JPG

Can you smell it?

IMG_0690.JPG

[edit] I am liking Shaggy's Shout, concieved by David48.

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 1

Reply form Tywais

I've been following that idea and will consider it as when I design the calendar I put the guts in first and leave a template spot at the top for the photos that I put in at the last moment so not a lot of additional effort to do. Photo selection will be tricky as I don't want to start another contribution topic solely for this. Maybe you and others can put your heads together and figure out how to decide on what photos to use. Considering the large number of excellent contributions in the farming forum, will be no simple job to choose. Perhaps one of the best photos from each of the main contributors could be presented to me for evaluation. That's 12 photos plus one for the cover page.

I'm just concerned about committing myself to do it as producing these takes a lot of my time to do, usually 3-4 weeks. A lot is researching and checking and cross checking the holidays and that is very time consuming to be sure it is accurate. At the moment the odds are good I can do it but perhaps I should pass it by George and others first to be sure it isn't in conflict as it does have Thaivisa's name on it. Suspect he would be happy for more exposure but need to be sure.

It is sounding positive guys.....but don't forget Tywais is already busy with the official calender,already very time consuming.

Fingers crossed that George thinks it is a good Idea and Sir Tywais can find it in his heart to put in the extra work.

Just my idea out there as a differing consideration.

I honestly don't think we need the 'approved by Thai Visa' stamp.

Insomuch that we don't need the Thai Visa Logo and the such.

Let's learn to crawl first before we try to walk ... or run.

Prove to the Mods that we can manage it 'in-house' first.

There are plenty of available calendar makers available for free on line.

Without the Thai Visa Logo and endorsement ... just their permission does free up

the selection process etc.

Just my 2 ducks worth Utochka.pngUtochka.png

• Like 2

shaggy, if you're going to steer the Calendar Idea, maybe create a separate thread so that this one doesn't get focused on the subject, rather then it's excellent original intentions.

Another 2 ducks worth ... Utochka.pngUtochka.png ... I'm liking these ducks ... just looking for smaller ones.

That will be my image challenge ... biggrin.png

I hear ya guys,maybe better to see what the outcome is from George and Tywais first before we go looking for other options.

It would be nice to have the ThaiVisa logo and I am sure the publicity would also be good for ThaiVisa.

David,that new thread idea of yours sounds a good plan.......your the thread man,fancy starting it up in the Farming forum?

The entrants photos can be copied back to the this thread later...........win-win situation thumbsup.gif