Farm Photos

shaggy1969

When I 1st came up here to live,all you saw was this type of rice harvester like the one shown here.

DSC08728.JPG

Then they all but disappeared when the kubota machines such as the one pictured here.

image1.jpg

Now the wheel has turned and it is a rare occasion if you see a kubota machine.I haven't seen one for months.Has anyone else noticed this or have they heard the reason for the change around.I'm curious to know the reason for this as all the machines seen in the past were locally owned.Maybe there is a realiability problem with them.

• Like 1

This is all you see in my neighbor, Kap Choeng/Surin. Kubota DC 70G. There is a unit in back of me at the moment.

20110920165031.jpg

That one looks fairly new.I'll have to ask around this area to find out why.One place close by had two of them and now you don't see them.

Thanks very much Shaggy ,

Pond is holding very well surprisingly well actually , got 3mtrs over 2 ngan , but no fish sad.png

Have a bucket-load of mozzies though ,never did find out what the rusty orange issue was , I think just good clay/water retention but,

It doesn't seem to affect the breeding of the afore mentioned little buggers

Leading hand trying to look important burning off some weeds

post-185776-0-15101200-1383643314_thumb.

• Like 2

Guys ... just a though ... 2 more posts after this ... the thread will tick over to page 100 and

as such, a bit of a milestone.

Maybe we hang off posting a bit until Shaggy has the honour of those last two posts with a couple

of photos in his excellent thread.

Can we show a little restraint?

Shaggy ... it's yours again ... thumbsup.gif

David.......a wonderful thought and it is very much appreciated,your a big man with a big heart wai.gif

However this thread is not about one person.

I was just the kindling that started the fire,all of you guys were the fuel that made the fire bigger and brighter.

For that I would like to thank each and everyone of you for helping it reach a magnificent 100 pages.

Anyway,enough of my waffling...........coffee1.gif

Back to the photos thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Looks like sugar cane season is with us again.

Sugar+cane+season.jpg

Lot more heavy traffic on the road as well Ron

My wife said the factories open our way on the 20th this month goes for 6 months

I think that batch is on the way for replanting.

Looks like sugar cane season is with us again.

Lot more heavy traffic on the road as well Ron

My wife said the factories open our way on the 20th this month goes for 6 months

I think that batch is on the way for replanting.

You could be right,I never thought of that.

• Like 1

Great save there VF , but the Thai labourers can fix the problem as well , for 300 baht a day smile.png

Yes, but I am sure it must be hard on their backs, having to reach under the rice to pick it up off the ground. Much more work than reaching a bit below your waist. No way to get the machine to harvest it either.

• Like 1