Gardener On The Darkside

Thailaw

Can anyone recommend (with contact information) a good and reasonably priced person(s) to cut grass and trim bushes once or twice each month? I have had several diffferent gardeners over the past few years, and they each charged around B3,000 and then claimed that the job was finished after 4 hours work (one had 1 male helper, and one had 2 female helpers). The work they did was ok, but the garden is about 1 rai and needs a full day of effort to do a thorough job, including tree trimming, which none ever did. Thanks for any leads.

so what you want is someone say twice per month to work 2 full days per month as 4 hrs you feel is not enough time to complete it.

So, say 8 hrs per day x 2 days = 16 hrs dividedinto 3,000 = 187bt per hour? and you think this is too much or not?

I think it would be very reasonable.

If there are 3 people all work for 4 hours then that is 12 man/woman hrs x 2days = 24hrs s for 3000bt. This works out at 125 baht per hour.

Have you read the post on cheap charlies may I ask?

Good luck. I'll not recommend mine for what you seem to want.

You know what they say, pay cheap, pay twice.

125 per hour is better than 300 baht per DAY which a lot of local workers would be happy with.

I pay 3000 per month, they come once a wek for about 4 hours each time, 2 people - that's under 100 baht per hour...

so what you want is someone say twice per month to work 2 full days per month as 4 hrs you feel is not enough time to complete it.

So, say 8 hrs per day x 2 days = 16 hrs dividedinto 3,000 = 187bt per hour? and you think this is too much or not?

If there are 3 people all work for 4 hours then that is 12 man/woman hrs x 2days = 24hrs s for 3000bt. This works out at 125 baht per hour.

The OP actually wrote that he wanted the job done "once or twice". It wasn't completely clear but from what he wrote it seems that the people he previously used were asking for 3000B per visit, so that would be 2 or 3 people, for 4 hours for 3000B = either 250B or 375B per hour and not the 125B you calculated. Both prices are completely over the top. Many people working in Thailand only get 50B an hour, and some get a lot less than that. The manager of an office in my building gets 120B basic an hour, and she handles (and is responsible for) large amounts of cash.

Sounds like you're just one more farang who doesnt have the faintest idea of the value of money.

I asked for a recommendation, not a lecture, and especially not from someone that has no idea what they are saying (and apparently can't read). I pay B3,000 per visit, which has gotten me 1/2 day or about 4 hours of work from 2 or 3 people. I am sure that the helpers are paid by the lead gardener at the "normal" Thai wage, about B150 to B200 per day for this kind of work. So, he pockets B2500 for a half days work. That is reasonable? Have you read the post on idiots? I'll pay B3,000 for a full day's work (and a thorough job), which is, I think high, but acceptable. All recommendations will be greatly appreciated, but please save the nonsense comments for another thread (and someone that cares).

Have you read the post about the daily wages in Thailand may I ask ?

How any thread where the OP makes an innocent request for a good gardener can turn into an flame fest and he ends up having to justify what he considers is a fair price for a fair day's work - (and I agree with him) - is totally beyond me.

This is one of the reasons why I rarely post any more.

I leave these hallowed forums to those who just sit around waiting to pick a fight with anyone who happens to post anything that they think they can take issue with, however innocuous it may appear to us innocents....

Enjoy yourselves and may the 'Flame be with you'....wai2.gif