2013 All Food Related.restaurants,recipes, Suggestions Etc...

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any dedicated burger restaurants around Samui?

I've just been watching Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares where he sorted out this burger kitchen in L.A. and now I have a craving for a real nice burger.

edit - and I dont mean Burger King or McDonald's biggrin.png

Edited by steelerian

Are there any dedicated burger restaurants around Samui?

I've just been watching Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares where he sorted out this burger kitchen in L.A. and now I have a craving for a real nice burger.

edit - and I dont mean Burger King or McDonald's biggrin.png

Chili Willy's Hot Dogs do burgers as well.

Upstairs - I think that it is called The Green. Opposite Bangrak market on the corner of the airport road. Not cheap - but good quality. licklips.gif

(If you are a Brit - I do not think that they use horse meat though giggle.gif )

I Buy all my stuff & get it shipped from Sausage King in Chiangmai.Then I make my own toppings as I please.

PRICES ARE NOT PER BURGER.

BURGER BUR 1 American Steak Burger 150g.(Grade A) 100% SIRLOIN STEAK (เบอเกอร์เนื้อ 150 กรัม เกรดเอ)

SUPPLIERS OF CHIANG MAI SALOON 1 & 2 ฿ 380 add.pngburger_1.jpg BUR 2 Steak Burger 150g.(Grade cool.png (เบอเกอร์เนื้อ 150 กรัม เกรดบี)

Made from 80% runp steak and fillers.250 baht per/kg ฿ 370 add.pngGrade_B_burger.jpg BUR 3 American Style Sirloin & Top Round Steak Burger 165g.(Grade A) (NEW) 1Kg (เบอเกอร์เนื้อ 165 กรัม เกรดเอ)

100% STEAK (CHIANG MAI SALOON SPEC BURGER) ฿ 380 add.pngbur1_good.jpg BUR 4 American Monster Steak Burger 250g 100% Sirloin Steak.(Grade A) (เบอเกอร์เนื้อ 320 กรัม เกรดเอ)

100% steak burger with no fillers and our own season. 1Kg Packs ฿ 380 add.pngBUR4.jpg BUR 6 Beef Burger 125g.(Grade A) (เบอเกอร์เนื้อ 125 กรัม เกรดเอ)

100% steak burger with no fillers and our own season. 1Kg Packs ฿ 380 add.pngBURGER_3.jpg BUR 7 Spicy Pork Burger 150g. (เบอเกอร์หมูสไปซี่ 150 กรัม)

this is a very spicy taste burger and great for the thai. 240 baht/kg ฿ 270 add.pngspicy_pork_burger_2.jpg BUR 8 Chicken Burger 150g. (เบอเกอร์ไก่ 150 กรัม)

very popular in top end hotels. 250 baht/kg ฿ 270 add.pngBURGER_2.jpg BUR 9 Pork Burger 150g. (เบอเกอร์หมู 150 กรัม)

great medium spicy taste pork burger for thai and western people if you like spice. 260 per/kg ฿ 270 add.pngspicy_pork_burger_1.jpg BUR 10 Pork Thai Taste Burger 150g.(spicy) (เบอเกอร์หมูสูตรไทยเทส 150 กรัม) 260 baht per/kg ฿ 270 add.pnghttp://www.sausageking1.com/men

• Like 1

Best burger places

Catcandoo

The shack

Heard some good reports re bondi , but never tried

Piri piri opposite islander ( actually owned by the same owner as bondi )

Now , for anyone setting up a biz , I believe they are looking for franchise's possibly in Thailand , as by far , this place does the best burgers in the world - http://www.gbk.co.uk/menu/burgers/

Best burger places

Catcandoo

The shack

Now , for anyone setting up a biz , I believe they are looking for franchise's possibly in Thailand , as by far , this place does the best burgers in the world - http://www.gbk.co.uk/menu/burgers/

GBK is the sort of place I am looking for.

What is Piri Piri? Is it a sort of Nando's chicken place?

Is there a Persian restaurant on the island.

I love Arabic food. Is there any?

I guess not.

I have terrible luck with restaurants, no Polish, no African and now seemingly no Persain. On the plus side I have had to learn how to make the food myself if I can get the ingredients.

Best burger places

Catcandoo

The shack

I'm going to try this place tomorrow on your recommendation Boater....it had better be bloody good! rolleyes.gif

Tam's restaurant (opposite World Gym on the ring road - near the lights to Laem Din market) has a huge advert outside - HD Burger.

I have no idea what it is, if they still do it, or if it is any good! But it is a huge sign of a burger!

Oh well - I think that I'll go for an Indian.

• Like 1

Tam's restaurant (opposite World Gym on the ring road - near the lights to Laem Din market) has a huge advert outside - HD Burger.

I have no idea what it is, if they still do it, or if it is any good! But it is a huge sign of a burger!

You're buying a suit?

• Like 2

You're buying a suit?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You obviously have not seen my 'work clothes' smile.png I am lucky if my flip flops match!whistling.gif

• Like 2

Dacy's Garden, Beach road Lamai for southern food. Gonzo bar Soi 3 Lamai for Issan food and Single bar near the IT center for Bangkok food. You will have to order previous day for seafood/ fish and may also have to if it's something like Nakhon Si Tamarrat sour yellow salted fish curry with fermented bamboo.

On the ring road opposite the FV turn off. Good Thai food and cheap to boot!

Chicken and rice place ?

First restaurant on the right as you come into fishermans village , underneath the arch , is a really good Thai place , but mainly open just in the day

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

On the ring road opposite the FV turn off. Good Thai food and cheap to boot!

Chicken and rice place ?

First restaurant on the right as you come into fishermans village , underneath the arch , is a really good Thai place , but mainly open just in the day

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

No the place opposite the police post on the ring road....the big place. Good seafood and all other stuff. Cheap and excellent food.

• Like 1

Thai Food ? not the touristy or overpriced seafood gaffs

Best so far for us is Ranongs just past Tesco near the sign shop, any others ?

Bankram, at the beach at angthong soi 10, the only family mart you see when coming from Nathon towards BanTai.

The sign is only in Thai, but the owner speaks very good English.

Thai Food ? not the touristy or overpriced seafood gaffs

Best so far for us is Ranongs just past Tesco near the sign shop, any others ?

Ranong is one of the best: Fast, Good and cheap! In which area are you looking for? Chaweng, Bang Rak, Bophut?

When me and the mrs lived in samui we ate at the ranong restaurant nearly everyday with a big bellied thai bloke doing the cooking,that was about 8 years ago and we both still miss the place

I tried the newish seafood restaurant in Bangrak the other day, called Daetong Seafood, close to the ghost road entrance. Very nice, good setting on the beach, friendly attentative ( but not overly) staff and was verry happy with all the seafood. Prices all very reasonable too.

Then for a different evening out went to Bubba's in Chaweng. Overall very disapointing, wont be going back there again.

Found an excellent humble Burmese restaurant on Soi Haad Ngam in Chaweng.

Going south from PTK residence, it's the first shop on the second block on the right.

Excellent Burmese noodles, soup and tea for 30 baht.

No menu and you have to order in Burmese.

Luckily I have a wife that speaks the lingo.

Probably you can order in Thai also wink.png