2013 All Food Related.restaurants,recipes, Suggestions Etc...

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I returned to Tesco 6 days after my Bounty bounty, to find you despicable people have bought them all. To make things worse, the box was still there giving me hope only to be dashed upon rummage. Despicable!!

I have a silver lining though. Today I received a package from mummy mjj with Jaffa Cakes in. Delicious!

Edited by mjj

Good Chiang Mai Noodles (khao soi) in Samui anywhere?

There was one one the ring road, Chaweng but they have closed. sad.png

The old lady in charge for that restaurant is back from Chiang Mai now.

New location, Take soi Haad Ngam from south Chaweng, first Thai restaurant on the left.

9°30'43.90" N 100°03'14.22" E

Better Khao soi than I ever got in Chiang Mai.

If you haven't tried it, do it.

50 baht.

Please excuse me if this has been answered earlier in the thread but Miss Six is hassling me no end and the thread is too long! :P

I need weetbix breakfast cereal for her. She doesn't eat much and is what is keeping her going here. They had it at Tesco Lotus on Samui but not here on KPG. Is there anywhere I can find it? Far out I hope so!

If not, if anyone is coming over from Samui in the next day or two, I will shout dinner and beers if you grab a couple of boxes for me. :D

Trop, sound great, Ive got to try Angela's one of these days.

She closes at 4 pm

Been there a couple of times, nothing to write home about ! Think she made her name when eating places were more few and far between !

Sorry - but I am not going by her name or reputation. I am just judging the food. Very tasty.

We all know that taste is a very personal choice. For me, Angela's food works well.

I know that there are other good restaurants on the island, but I do not like travel far from Plai Laem/Bangrak/Choengmon to try them out. No need to and the traffic is too dangerous at night.

I have been to lots of other good restaurants outside of my 'catchment' area, but Angela's is the only one that I consider worth a frequent re-visit. Maybe Zico's in Chaweng for a 'pig-fest' now and again.

I am always happy to hear from other TV poster's about their choices though.

Cafe Uno on the Lam din / Chaweng beach road / Walking st is well worth a visit if you're in the area, as is the Red Brick cafe nr the Irish Times.

• Like 1

Cafe Uno on the Lam din / Chaweng beach road / Walking st is well worth a visit if you're in the area, as is the Red Brick cafe nr the Irish Times.

Yep - I agree re Cafe Uno.

I will have to give the Red Brick place a go -I only noticed it for the first time last week.

Vegemite

Seen in Big C today while looking for Marmite the proper stuff. As the Aisles aren't numbered the easiest directions are:

- Stand & face the watermelons

- Turn left

- It's immediately behind the shelf that is now in front of you.

There are "Foreign Imports" signs hanging from the roof above the aisle if that helps.

• Like 2

Yep - I agree re Cafe Uno.

I will have to give the Red Brick place a go -I only noticed it for the first time last week.

Max Murphys (Opp Ampur, Naton) & Luckys Restaurant (Naton Seafront just after the sharp bend @ start of the one way system) offer great food in excellent settings too:).

Lemon Curd

320g jars seen today @THB 125 at the bottom end of Aisle 2 @ tesco chaweng (near the back of the shop) on the right. There are 2x "Jam' sections in the shop so be sure to go to the right one & not the one near the milk/centre of store.

Mushrooms

Button mushrooms disappeared some six months ago but I found some wild looking 3"-4" diameter mushrooms imported from NZ @ THB 179 for a punnet of half a dozen or so. The weight isn't clear but i'd guess around 350-400g. They're next to the Advocado pears (plenty of them too) in the centre of the shop.

HTH:)

Edited by evadgib

Hello, I'm looking for a list of reasonably priced Buffets, as in "all you can grub".

-Some one mentioned here a place in Lamai, Wednesday nights, near the Family Mart and the Aussie bar.

-Baitong and Terrace @ 750 bt per head

.................this sounds nice menu wise, but I'm not sure I'm ready to put that much down. Maybe I'm being too stingy?

Sorry, that's all I know of............

Also perhaps a list of great Sunday Brunches?

Maybe even a seperate thread for it?

Anyways, any help much appreciated.

-Some one mentioned here a place in Lamai, Wednesday nights, near the Family Mart and the Aussie bar.

El Dorado perhaps. Steaks, pork chops, kebabs with various salads and bread. 300-350 as I remember. Good deal if you can eat lots of food.

Some of those Thai Buffet places are not too bad for the money... so long as you get there reasonable early, (6 ish) .... and don't mind cooking your own food! .....wink.png There is a pretty good selection of choices, at some of them! 129 baht or so.... but drinks are usually expensive!

Just go in and see what's on "offer" .... The one in Maenam at about Soi 7 is usually pretty good.. thumbsup.gif..maybe a little off your beaten trackI I have not tried the ones in Lamai....

So.....I have been off the island for a while but back soon.....where are the best eateries, Western or Thai, in the north of the island these days?

Male or female?

Premier sports bar seems to be putting on some good spreads I hear. Some fella called Steve is back from somewhere or another and is knocking out roasts, pies and such like.

So.....I have been off the island for a while but back soon.....where are the best eateries, Western or Thai, in the north of the island these days?

I can cook for you.

There's a place around the corner that makes the best khao soi for 50 baht.

I can cook for you.

There's a place around the corner that makes the best khao soi for 50 baht.

We will be along to check out the khao soi......some stew for main course? :D

• Like 1

Male or female?

Premier sports bar seems to be putting on some good spreads I hear. Some fella called Steve is back from somewhere or another and is knocking out roasts, pies and such like.

Trust me mate I don't need pies or roasts and I know the food is goot at Premier bar.....might well be in for copious beer and football though! ;)