Price Per Square Meter To Build A House?

I'll try asking on this board:

Anybody know an average cost per square meter to build a cement house in Vientiane? I know there are some variables like quality of materials etc... . Any general or specific insights about my question are appreciated.

Thank you very much and have a good evening.

Do they have building material shops like they do here in Thailand or is everything bought in Thailand and smuggled/shipped over to Laos?

it really depends on what you want.there is no average.

try searching on google for coolthaihouse. lots of info there.

Edited by thaicbr

It really isn't that easy... just get a couple of different builders/contractors in to view the site and show them the plans for the house.

They'll need some additional information from you, but they should be able to give you a ball-park figure.

Good luck.

Bog standard in Thailand 4,000 sqm

Sure would like to know what 4k baht gets you for your money, sounds like 4 walls and a roof.

I would say 10k is probably closer to the mark.

Plenty new houses going up all over Sattahip area, build cost between 4-4.5k sqm Basic of course but tiled throughout with Thai kitchen and bathrooms cold showers. 10 K will get two storeys, electrics for air con better quality tiles etc....not inclusive of land!

Edited by PattayaPhom

Five years ago I paid 21KB/m to build a nice house but my builder subcontracted it for 10K/m and then I got rid of them after 50% completion because of shoddy work and delays. I then bought the supplies myself and just paid a guy for labor with the finished product costing me just 6KB/m (labor and materials). This was in Samui where they are now asking $50KB/m so even though my response doesn't apply to your area just be aware when they quote you high prices. There are no guidelines for construction cowboys so they quote whatever they think they can get (they could teach hookers a thing or two). If you can buy the materials yourself and just pay for labor you will be better off, but just make sure you adjust the payments to account for breakage and waste.

• 2 weeks later...

Bog standard in Thailand 4,000 sqm

Sure would like to know what 4k baht gets you for your money, sounds like 4 walls and a roof.

I would say 10k is probably closer to the mark.

Plenty new houses going up all over Sattahip area, build cost between 4-4.5k sqm Basic of course but tiled throughout with Thai kitchen and bathrooms cold showers. 10 K will get two storeys, electrics for air con better quality tiles etc....not inclusive of land!

I just made a deal on 60 tralang wah plot in Sattahip. Can you recommend a builder for an inexpensive single storey house? I'd prefer to buy my own materials - probably use one of the gov't plans. Thanks