Night Shots, Outdoor In Thailand

Kan Win

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great photo's Bifcake!

I love the composition in 'number 1' ... perfect! I like the light in 'number 4' too, but for me, it would have been stronger if there had been a human element in the frame (just my opinion FWIW).

Overall, really strong. Did you use an ND filter or similar to lengthen the exposure (hence blurring the clouds)?

Great photo's Bifcake!

I love the composition in 'number 1' ... perfect! I like the light in 'number 4' too, but for me, it would have been stronger if there had been a human element in the frame (just my opinion FWIW).

Overall, really strong. Did you use an ND filter or similar to lengthen the exposure (hence blurring the clouds)?

Hi Tangaroa,

Thanks for the compliments. I didn't use an ND filter. It was dark enough, that the building in the sky required a 1 minute exposure at ISO 400 and 2 minute exposures in number 2 and 3 shots.

Very nice, Rob. I'm guessing you used a tripod?

Thx for the compliment.

Nope, no tripod! The camera was balanced on a fence post, and tilted up a bit with a pathetically empty wallet tongue.png ...and I used the remote shutter release. (I would have used the tripod, but ran out of storage room on the bike.)

Archived