Highway Police Join City Forces In Erecting Roadway Checkpoints

Rimmer

Highway Police join city forces in erecting roadway checkpoints

n1Highway-3.jpg

PATTAYA:--Thailand’s Highway Police are getting into the random-checkpoint business, erecting their own stops on Sukhumvit Road to ticket motorcyclists and enforce traffic-safety laws.

Capt. Mongkol Nontheeraroj dispatched police officers and volunteers Jan. 18 at Sukhumvit Soi 72 to establish checkpoints they claim prevent crimes.

Full story:http://www.pattayama...eckpoints-21279

pattayamaillogo.png

-- Pattaya Mail 2013-01-255 footer_n.gif

You can only be ticketed once a day, yes?

If you get a receipt.

Well, if they are handing out receipts, that's going to cut into the earnings of the city BiB.

In Pattaya city, you almost alway get sent to cop shop to pay, its there they fine you more than they should

You can only be ticketed once a day, yes?

If you get a receipt.

Well, if they are handing out receipts, that's going to cut into the earnings of the city BiB.

Depends on the police and your requirements too.

At a recent stop an acquaintance was stopped. Half price for no paperwork and to pass back through the same checkpoint = no hassle.

If he had been stopped at another checkpoint he was told he would have had to pay again because he'd not have a receipt.

It seems that some give a receipt on the spot, others do not. I did notice when I was stopped that the sergeant was the one handing out receipts, but I have no idea if they were official because I was on my way after waiting in line to show off my new licence :)

Where I live on the dark side it is definitely no longer worthwhile driving a m/c without a licence as there are stops set up every day and many get stopped.

Carnage on the highways and now instead of enforcing moving violations the Highway Cops want to get in on the Motorcycle trough

post-10942-0-50242400-1359161508_thumb.j

Seems the cops do love fining motocycles for no good reason at all. Easy pickings as they usually have no contacts. I love my MC got a license but on my bigger bike and scooter too im often not in the most left lane as i call it suicide lane (taxi's buses minivans) all cut you off there in BKK. So i accept the tickets, but its a stupid rule. I understand it if your holding up traffic or going slow but not if you are going with the speed of the traffic.

But please do get the MC driving without lights or that are drunk or going on the wrong way.

Fine...as long as it only the scooter guys.

Why fine if only the scooter guys ?

Because I drive a car smile.png

I drive both wish they fined some more car owners for real offences. Not the made up ones. But you never see them check for dangerous driving.