Potassium Permanganate (Condy,s Crystals)

ozzydom

Hi Dom

I found this Thai supplier via Google:

· Contact PersonManager

· Tel+66 (2) 7441281-7

· Fax66-2744-1288

· URLhttp://www.asianpolytrade.com/

· Province/stateBangkok

· CityBang Na

· StreetBangkok (Krung Thep Maha Nakhon), ,947/83 Moo 12, Bangna-Trad Road

As per their site, they supply potassium permanganate (origin: China) in 50kg drums. If that’s too much for you, I suggest you phone them to find one of their customers near you that can retail smaller quantities.

Treating your fish/ponds?

Rgds

Khonwan

Hi Dom

I found this Thai supplier via Google:

· Contact PersonManager

· Tel+66 (2) 7441281-7

· Fax66-2744-1288

· URLhttp://www.asianpolytrade.com/

· Province/stateBangkok

· CityBang Na

· StreetBangkok (Krung Thep Maha Nakhon), ,947/83 Moo 12, Bangna-Trad Road

As per their site, they supply potassium permanganate (origin: China) in 50kg drums. If that’s too much for you, I suggest you phone them to find one of their customers near you that can retail smaller quantities.

Treating your fish/ponds?

Rgds

Khonwan

Thanks for that mate, yes, we have a problem with our latest batch of fingerlings.

They are hard to get at the moment so dont want to lose to many,buggar of a job entails removing them all from the grow nets and bathing them in medicated water while we clean and sanitise the nets.

Have another batch arriving Monday so have to remove the digit thumbsup.gif

Yes I think 50kg be a bit much as the treatment mix is only 10 ppm

Edited by ozzydom

Mate ... can you educate me ... just exactly how do you use the condies crystals?

,Hi David, you just make up a tub of 10ppm solution using clean water and give the fingerlings a 10 minute swim in it while aerating , sort of like a spa bath for fish.

The hatcheries (the good ones) usually put the fish eggs through such a procedure prior to them hatching as well.

Condy,s crystals are a strong oxidiser but unlike many do not leave toxic residues.

cheers

dom

• Like 1

Mate ... can you educate me ... just exactly how do you use the condies crystals?

Hi mate,you make up a solution at 10 ppm and give the fingerlings a 10 minute and give the fingerlings a swim in it while aerating,a bit like a spa bath for fish.

You can get just about any legal chemical this way. Go on Wikipedia and find the chemical you want. Print out a sheet with the name and chemical formula (i.e., water is H2O). Go (or send a fluent Thai speaker) to the local high school. Find the chemistry teacher and ask him/her where to find the local chemical supplier (not a pharmacy). Most towns have one that supplies hospitals, labs, schools, etc. Take you Wiki sheet to the chemical supplier and ask for it. I get anything I want this way.