True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went into the local agents today to pay up front for 10 months and get the year.

First I had to pay for 2 months backdated fees as they did not send me a bill.

Then paid up for the year.

I never ever got a bill from True Illusions either.

You went to them and offered up your money even though they can't even manage to send you a bill? Very admirable, I must say.

As for the world cup, why is it that UK-TV is always overlooked? Every game will be on BBC and ITV, live and highlights. Job done.

BBC aren't doing so well

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2478296/BBC-lose-FA-Cup-World-Cup-Wimbledon-crown-jewels-licence-fee.html

Look, I've said all along that these people are rank amateurs who have absolutely no business in having the rights for the Premier League, maybe time to start listening to old Pat, yea? I had these clowns sussed out long ago and stated as such on here but was just accused of being a Victor Meldrew by the naive believers.

Still, the only consolation is that I'm not paying for the service as these muppets can't even manage to get a bill out to me.

Pathetic.

On current form I'll be astounded if they win the next rights, or major rights to anything else for that matter! UCL rights from season 2015-2016 are being out out to tender at the moment. RS are also looking to sub-license the HD rights for the World Cup too.

I've emailed [email protected] with my complaint, as advised by whoever runs their official Facebook page. I'm trying to get a direct contact to someone at the top.

On current form I'll be astounded if they win the next rights, or major rights to anything else for that matter! UCL rights from season 2015-2016 are being out out to tender at the moment. RS are also looking to sub-license the HD rights for the World Cup too.

I've emailed [email protected] with my complaint, as advised by whoever runs their official Facebook page. I'm trying to get a direct contact to someone at the top.

So just the 3 years with this lot then. That's a lifetime.

Look, I've said all along that these people are rank amateurs who have absolutely no business in having the rights for the Premier League, maybe time to start listening to old Pat, yea? I had these clowns sussed out long ago and stated as such on here but was just accused of being a Victor Meldrew by the naive believers.

Still, the only consolation is that I'm not paying for the service as these muppets can't even manage to get a bill out to me.

Pathetic.

I think a lot of you are going a bit overboard on the slating of CTH,over this EPL preview show nonsense. I couldn't care a <deleted> if it transpires or not, for the reason that, if characters like Dean Sturridge,Ian Dowie,Alan Curbishly and the other talking fish, have anything to tell me that I don't already know,I'll dig roads. When I watched it before,it wound me up so much that my missus thought I was having a coronary.

We've all got what we wanted, which is live Premier League coverage,all in HD, and at half the cost plus Sky News,Sky Sport News, Fox News (an ultra right wing channel fronted by the Stepford Wives) and Australia Network. How bad is that? Ofcourse,they were going to have teething troubles with certain aspects of their coverage. Even the mighty BBC,who have been at it since God was a boy,continue to make balls up after balls up.

Personally,I've had a terrific service from CTH. Within a week of having it installed,I had two phone calls from their call centre asking me if I was happy with the service I had received. They also telephoned to tell me when I would receive my first bill and when it should be paid.

• Like 2

Pathetic.

I think a lot of you are going a bit overboard on the slating of CTH,over this EPL preview show nonsense. I couldn't care a <deleted> if it transpires or not, for the reason that, if characters like Dean Sturridge,Ian Dowie,Alan Curbishly and the other talking fish, have anything to tell me that I don't already know,I'll dig roads. When I watched it before,it wound me up so much that my missus thought I was having a coronary.

We've all got what we wanted, which is live Premier League coverage,all in HD, and at half the cost plus Sky News,Sky Sport News, Fox News (an ultra right wing channel fronted by the Stepford Wives) and Australia Network. How bad is that? Ofcourse,they were going to have teething troubles with certain aspects of their coverage. Even the mighty BBC,who have been at it since God was a boy,continue to make balls up after balls up.

Personally,I've had a terrific service from CTH. Within a week of having it installed,I had two phone calls from their call centre asking me if I was happy with the service I had received. They also telephoned to tell me when I would receive my first bill and when it should be paid.

it's shocking EPL coverage! If you're happy with the bear minimum, then fair enough. Granted all games live in HD is slightly better than what TRUE offered. Yet we get no pre match or post match interviews with players or managers. That's the most annoying thing about no PLTV! I think John dykes and co. do a decent job reviewing controversial decisions. You gotta love James Richardson, previously of football Italia fame too! Some of the pundits are better than others Although Peter Reid and din hutchinson talk a good game. Anything is better than the Manakin and his two Thai plebs, not to mention the Liverpool "sausage head" fan!
  • Like 1

Pathetic.

it's shocking EPL coverage! If you're happy with the bear minimum, then fair enough. Granted all games live in HD is slightly better than what TRUE offered. Yet we get no pre match or post match interviews with players or managers. That's the most annoying thing about no PLTV! I think John dykes and co. do a decent job reviewing controversial decisions. You gotta love James Richardson, previously of football Italia fame too! Some of the pundits are better than others Although Peter Reid and din hutchinson talk a good game. Anything is better than the Manakin and his two Thai plebs, not to mention the Liverpool "sausage head" fan!

Now I do agree with you on James Richardson. He's a master compared to those imbeciles Peter Reid and Don 'motormouth' Hutchinson you've just put up. John Dykes is like a washer woman,cleaning up after the sofa judges make the inevitable gaffs, which are usually followed by howls of derisive laughter to cover the cock up.

If I want to get pre and post match interviews,I go to Sky Sports News for the juicy bits and the internet if I want to see it in full. Yeah.....no shit,I hear you exclaim!

There is no doubt that CTH coverage is better than the True effort was.

Every game in HD for half the price.

Can always watch Match of the Day for post match analysis.

It would be nice if the preview show was available though , plus the half time chat.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

There is no doubt that CTH coverage is better than the True effort was.

Every game in HD for half the price.

Can always watch Match of the Day for post match analysis.

It would be nice if the preview show was available though , plus the half time chat.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yep just download MOTD on the iPad and watch it through my tv,it's actually most of the other crap on CTH that gets my goat.

I had my CTH system installed in July, and, like everyone else, I paid for 2 months. Now, 3 months later I have had no bill, so I called at the shop to ask if I could pay what is owed. I was told that CTH haven't sent any bills out yet, so I should just wait until it arrives, and that they can't accept payment without a bill.

Now, I know that posts here on this forum have been made by some that have already received bills and paid them, so I said "some friends" of mine had received bills. I then explained that my postal service was terrible, often with letters being lost, and I had a PO Box at the Post Office to which I get my communications sent, and Internet, Phone, Bank, etc. had no difficulty in sending my bills there, so could CTH please send my bills to the PO Box.

She said CTH must send the bill to where the dish is installed, and they couldn't change the address. There was no moving her, she was determined.

When I said I was concerned that I would be disconnected for non-payment, she just said I was being stupid, nobody would be disconnected, just wait for the bill and pay it at the bank.

I'm afraid I don't share her confidence, but I will wait a few more weeks and, if I still have no bill, I will call at another "agent".

It's such a pity that CTH don't have at least one shop in CM with a computer connection to CTH, so that such queries can be resolved.

Their call centre is nearly always engaged, and if I do get lucky to get an answer, I'm just put on hold until I get fed-up and hang-up.

The whole organisation is a joke even for Thailand.

I had my CTH system installed in July, and, like everyone else, I paid for 2 months. Now, 3 months later I have had no bill, so I called at the shop to ask if I could pay what is owed. I was told that CTH haven't sent any bills out yet, so I should just wait until it arrives, and that they can't accept payment without a bill.

Now, I know that posts here on this forum have been made by some that have already received bills and paid them, so I said "some friends" of mine had received bills. I then explained that my postal service was terrible, often with letters being lost, and I had a PO Box at the Post Office to which I get my communications sent, and Internet, Phone, Bank, etc. had no difficulty in sending my bills there, so could CTH please send my bills to the PO Box.

She said CTH must send the bill to where the dish is installed, and they couldn't change the address. There was no moving her, she was determined.

When I said I was concerned that I would be disconnected for non-payment, she just said I was being stupid, nobody would be disconnected, just wait for the bill and pay it at the bank.

I'm afraid I don't share her confidence, but I will wait a few more weeks and, if I still have no bill, I will call at another "agent".

It's such a pity that CTH don't have at least one shop in CM with a computer connection to CTH, so that such queries can be resolved.

Their call centre is nearly always engaged, and if I do get lucky to get an answer, I'm just put on hold until I get fed-up and hang-up.

you should have given a copy of the house reg docs. So I assume this wouldn't have got he po box, took almost 3 months for my first bill.

So basically she made you look like a right chump. After the call she probably said to her friend that some silly farang is panicking because we haven't sent him a bill and is chasing up a bill. 'Get a life' would be my message to you.

Just had a message from one of the CTH commentators that we should still get PLTV in the next month or so. I've asked him to elaborate on how he knows this. I'm beginning to lose energy for this fight.

Season will be over time they pull their fingers out.

Edited by stoneyboy
  • Like 1

Just had a message from one of the CTH commentators that we should still get PLTV in the next month or so. I've asked him to elaborate on how he knows this. I'm beginning to lose energy for this fight.

You've gone way beyond the call of duty. Relax, have a pint, and let's have fun with the mannequin. biggrin.png Honestly, some marketing genius should get that guy in movies or in a situation comedy. He'd never have to break character.

• Like 2

Seems like we are now getting Australian Soccer, while this might not be for everyone, it does show that things are moving, albeit very slowly !

You've gone way beyond the call of duty. Relax, have a pint, and let's have fun with the mannequin. biggrin.png Honestly, some marketing genius should get that guy in movies or in a situation comedy. He'd never have to break character.

The Thai pundit who stands in the middle of the 2 young guys with the tablets is called Rangsiwut Chalopatum. According to my wife he used to play in the Thai Premier League. These guys must have a decent working knowledge of English. I'm sure they could through in a few English comments.

My wife is also annoyed by the absence of the EPL pundits.She translates what the Thai guys discuss into English for me. She is trying to find a facebook address for these guys.

On facebook many Thais complain about the 3 guys.

• Like 1

The Thai pundit who stands in the middle of the 2 young guys with the tablets is called Rangsiwut Chalopatum. According to my wife he used to play in the Thai Premier League. These guys must have a decent working knowledge of English. I'm sure they could through in a few English comments.

My wife is also annoyed by the absence of the EPL pundits.She translates what the Thai guys discuss into English for me. She is trying to find a facebook address for these guys.

Is it really that important to you what the 3 wise men are saying?

Still, at least you have found a use for your wife cheesy.gif

BB just don't buy this "technical problems" excuse I worked in the TV and Broadcasting industry for over a decade its a complete fabrication of the real reason. Live feeds from a studio is a piece of cake.

How else would they get a "live" fed from SKY NEWS 24 hours day and a host of other stations. Its more likely that CTH's massive investment covered "live EPL football" only and not all the fringe shows that go with the competition. The investors in CTH are some of the richest business people in Thailand. We hope they have deep pockets, they are going to need them.

As an aside I cancelled TRUE 73 days ago deposit,2000 baht was supposed to be returned in 45 days (when it could have,and should have been 7 days).We are still waiting. In Thailand trust no one in business they just tell you what they think you want to hear.....ethically and morally bankrupt.

• Like 1

Seems like we are now getting Australian Soccer, while this might not be for everyone, it does show that things are moving, albeit very slowly !

Don't expect too much as far as quality football in the A League.Having said that the competition has gained a massive increase in crowds and interest and Fox's live coverage which is up 40%.in audience figures

40,000 turned up for the local Sydney derby and 45,000 in Melbourne.While the Rugby codes are in their closed season they are starting to wet their pants.

For those of us that played in a similar national competition years ago we can't explain it and the National team ,the Socceroos, are going to Brazil albeit with an appalling recent record.

Kewell, Heskey ,Del Piero and Emerton are the marquee signings hardly enough to get excited about but its all happening.

BB just don't buy this "technical problems" excuse I worked in the TV and Broadcasting industry for over a decade its a complete fabrication of the real reason. Live feeds from a studio is a piece of cake.

How else would they get a "live" fed from SKY NEWS 24 hours day and a host of other stations. Its more likely that CTH's massive investment covered "live EPL football" only and not all the fringe shows that go with the competition. The investors in CTH are some of the richest business people in Thailand. We hope they have deep pockets, they are going to need them.

As an aside I cancelled TRUE 73 days ago deposit,2000 baht was supposed to be returned in 45 days (when it could have,and should have been 7 days).We are still waiting. In Thailand trust no one in business they just tell you what they think you want to hear.....ethically and morally bankrupt.

bb did say this earlier sparks

Posted 2013-10-29 19:22:21

It's no extra for PLTV. My friend at the nation asked, it's included in the contract.
I take it bb meant that its no extra for analysis shows etc.

Correct, contract includes access to ALL material. Not just live EPL football. This was confirmed by my friend at the nation. That why currently we only get net busters and premier league world. Also PLTV content.

They've got issues with star movies china, as they are not allowed to dub over in Thai. Because of this they have cxl the agreement. Plenty of customers not happy. I'm slightly more confident we may still get PLTV, as one of the Thai commentators seems to think it'll happen within the next mth or so. He has no reason to feed me BS.

Technical problems could be to do with transponder space. I know this used to be a problem for super sport in Africa. I had a friend there who said they couldn't cover some events at weekends as link up transponder space was full.

Sure, but Backwards.

Is it really that important to you what the 3 wise men are saying?

Football analysis by three Thai men translated into English by a 3rd party Thai lady.......I bet there's some real interesting stuff there.

• Like 1