Mitsubishi Mirage Owner Manual

portly

Got my new GLS 2 weeks back . thai language manual , very useful ..........was told translation will be made , not holding my breath .

Most things pretty obvious , just the KOS/ immobiliser functions got me bamboozled ......., as long as the remote gizmo in pocket can do everything ,lock /unlock by pressing button on door or boot , remote lock or unlock 30 metres , forget to lock ,walk away and the car locks itself ( disconcerting initially )................ lose it ,you,re in trouble .

No spare ..........Salesman sort of shrugged ! ...........order Bangkok ,... heard that one before . What exactly is the key attached to gizmo for ? there,s a spare for that ,( just the key ) but not the lock/unlock control part............ can open passenger door with it , but you can,t start car ., key goes in slot by gear select , or not , up to you , whats it do ? Making my brain hurt ..............anyone clued up on it or have English translation for manual ?

Tyres were at 45 p.s.i........bit firm the ride .....let down to 30 ...much better, brilliant little car by the way , comfy , smooth ,quiet ,,.....not underpowered at all , especially with the sports gear , contrary to road reports , mine,s the cvt auto , manual would be a pain , city driving CM..................45 mpg / 16/17 kms /litre , inner city ....not on a run yet. 60 plus seems on the cards ...........................very happy with it , bit pissed off that only Thais get the rebate ( rubbish about NEW drivers , Ma and Pa will put in son,s or daughter,s name, or another relative , ..and sell if they want within 5 years without re registering probably..

Got my new GLS 2 weeks back . thai language manual , very useful ..........was told translation will be made , not holding my breath .

Most things pretty obvious , just the KOS/ immobiliser functions got me bamboozled ......., as long as the remote gizmo in pocket can do everything ,lock /unlock by pressing button on door or boot , remote lock or unlock 30 metres , forget to lock ,walk away and the car locks itself ( disconcerting initially )................ lose it ,you,re in trouble .

No spare ..........Salesman sort of shrugged ! ...........order Bangkok ,... heard that one before . What exactly is the key attached to gizmo for ? there,s a spare for that ,( just the key ) but not the lock/unlock control part............ can open passenger door with it , but you can,t start car ., key goes in slot by gear select , or not , up to you , whats it do ? Making my brain hurt ..............anyone clued up on it or have English translation for manual ?

Tyres were at 45 p.s.i........bit firm the ride .....let down to 30 ...much better, brilliant little car by the way , comfy , smooth ,quiet ,,.....not underpowered at all , especially with the sports gear , contrary to road reports , mine,s the cvt auto , manual would be a pain , city driving CM..................45 mpg / 16/17 kms /litre , inner city ....not on a run yet. 60 plus seems on the cards ...........................very happy with it , bit pissed off that only Thais get the rebate ( rubbish about NEW drivers , Ma and Pa will put in son,s or daughter,s name, or another relative , ..and sell if they want within 5 years without re registering probably..

Ask your dealer for an English manual. I got one with mine (about 3 weeks later)

Check the label inside the door for Tyre pressure 35psi I think.

I love this little car. It took a while but I got an English Owners Manual (free of charge). It doesn't look like an original but a copy of an original.

Don't understand it takes so long to get it, Australia seems to be one of the target markets.

Look forward to manual , so what,s the function of the key by selector ?

Should the battery in your remote go flat you can enter the passengers door using that key, then insert it in the slot next to the gear lever and you can start the engine, also you may have noticed if your doors are unlocked and you get in the car without having the remote on you you cannot move the gear lever.

Had to get the manual version because wifey terrified to drive automatic. Come to think of it she's terrified of driving at all but there you go ! Was wondering about getting an English book; must go back and order one.

Have to say it's a wonderful smooth little motor car with pleasing looks and on a run its doing a little more than 60mpg which is terrific. Petrol might be cheap in Thailand now compared to Europe but it's only ever going to rise over time so economy is the best policy.

If the battery goes flat , how can you start engine ? just a thought . Full immobilisation is accomplished by what ? Anyone know ? If you can use passenger door to open and start engine , ?????? does the key enable locking in a gear other than P or N ? so it won,t go .. Derrr !

• 10 months later...

I saw this thread and I really need the help...

Seems that GPS Navigation system in the mirage is not updated anymore as seen in the regular prompts when I just start up the car (and the sometime wrong directions).

Question is, any of you folks know how to update this? Been looking at the web but I could not seem to find a straight forward answer :(

(Thai forums aren't helping either... got the wife to review some and she told me that the end thread of the forum said that it end up breaking the NAV system)