Looking For A Dog

suntan

Saw a couple of puppies today, in the market just off Hai Ya Rd, Bottom Left of Square C5 in this map.

Thanks a lot for the information.

I went Saturday and there were two Dalmatians. We purchased one.

Regards

suntan

How much did you pay for the dalmation? if you don't mind me asking.

I did go to a dog shelter in Sansai area on Saturday. Its associated with Lanna Dog Rescue and run by someone named Khun Joy. Met with a caretaker there and he showed me all the wonderful dogs they have there. About 40 plus of them that they picked up from around chiang mai and being taken care by them. If any of you forum members are looking for a dog as a pet and not particular about breed or whether its a pedigree or not, perhaps you can consider adopting a dog there. I spent about a good hour there and most of the dogs were just lovely. Well behaved and not tempremental.

just a suggestion.

Saw a couple of puppies today, in the market just off Hai Ya Rd, Bottom Left of Square C5 in this map.

Thanks a lot for the information.

I went Saturday and there were two Dalmatians. We purchased one.

Regards

suntan

I paid 1200 Baht, which is a fair price considering that is is not a pedigree.

I think that having not a full pedigree is better as they seem to be a lot tougher than a full breed.

Anyway we will see how it goes.

So far the dog is smart, considering that it is 3 months old, but they require a lot of attention.

Keep in touch and i will let you know how it goes.

Regards.

suntan

My mum in law had a dalmation. I'd rather get a Tasmanian Devil and paint it white, they're a lot more sedate. :o

Can't help but feel if you want sedate, the best answer would be one of those dogs from Ban Tawai. If however you want a companion to play with, then Dalmations are among the most fun to be around.

I guess. Maybe just cut off part of their legs though to keep them from jumping on to you and on to cars, etc, all the time? :o

Well.....either that or spend the time socializing the beggars. I don't understand why dogs have such idiotic humans. Dogs WANT to learn new things. Dogs WANT to please you...well, okay, some should just not be fed anymore. Each time we return to our village house my daughter takes in 3 to 5 sickly puppies from the relatives. She nurses them to health and trains them up to respond to her in an appropriate way. When we return to Farrangland she gives them back to the relations. The family cannot figure out how we do it. We can turn a Thai dog into a civilized, affectionate, positively responding, loyal, and intelligent animal. These greatly coveted dogs still succumb to neglect from simple parasite infestations but my daughters guidance does extend their expected lives by about two years on average.

Point is, any dog can can develop to their full 'human socialized' potential......well okay, maybe not Dalmations. (smiley face).

....Ken