Export Formalities And License

ThamNamThalu

Hi!

I have some export related questions I seem not to be able any answer for.

I'm planning to gather a half of a 20 feet container (LCL) of merchandize - hair and skin products, clothes, shoes, candy - in Thailand, buying a couple of cartons of each sort of goods, and send it to my shop overseas (DRC) to try out new merchandize. I would buy it all as private person; in Thailand I don't have a business registered and for this purpose only don't want to establish one.

My main questions are - can I take my goods to a freight forwarder and they would deal with the export procedures, or do I need to have an export license myself? I see it would be almost impossible for me to get one as I dont want to register a company.

Does anybody also have an experience with freight forwarders and know if they accept LCL loads or do I need to find someone to share a container with, myself? How about getting VAT on export goods back as a private person?

Any experience and advise much appreciated!

A freight forwarder will be able to do all documentation for you, they will ship under their name so you don't need to have your own business here to do this.

You will not be able to claim VAT back.

LCL to DRC you will find to be expensive - if you have 15CBM of goods you will find that sending a 20ft container even only half full will work out cheaper.

PM me for more details.