Dial Up With Tot Line

terdsak_12

I'm still waiting for my TOT hi-speed to be hooked up in my house, at the moment I'm using e-go dial up with my TOT line, awful awful awful, usually never connects and when it does cuts me of 5 minutes later, having similar problems with the free TOT service. CS Loxinfo won't work properly, not supported apparently.

Any suggestions fellas????

Cheers.

Is your service provider TOT as well? I have a TOT line but dial the TT@T number to connect to my service provider allways seems to work, but like you can never get through on TOT connection number

Hope that helps :o

Terdsak

I'm based in Pattaya and I never have any problem connecting to CXLOXINFO.COM via my ToT dial-up line. Connection speed is usually around 46kb/s and the connection is reliable - very seldom get disconnected. I use 'Country Plus' top-up cards but I don't know if this is a factor. I don't understand why CSLOX would not be supported?

I also use the ToT 'free' service - the connection speed here is usually higher than that of CSLOX, about 52kb/s but, because the ToT server is overloaded, the actual download speed can be excruciatingly slow at times. Also often takes several re-dial attempts to get a connection.

DM

I'm still waiting for my TOT hi-speed to be hooked up in my house, at the moment I'm using e-go dial up with my TOT line, awful awful awful, usually never connects and when it does cuts me of 5 minutes later, having similar problems with the free TOT service. CS Loxinfo won't work properly, not supported apparently.

Any suggestions fellas????

Cheers.

Same Same!l I have been unable to connect dial up on the internet with my TOT line since it rained about 3 weeks ago and the thing is so noisy and also has various bouts of no dialling tone and peculiar dialing tones.

My experience has been totally negative with no ISP connecting in any way that delivers any information , and TOT not fixing the problem despite going down the office twice and phoning up a few times, promises, but not fixed.(The lady in internet shop says you have to give bribe to get anything done at TOT Government Company and all that).

My policy is not to pour money into Thailand (or anywhere else), when I get 0 return so I stopped using the internet and waited for my new line from a different company that so far works great, but was two days late in being installed. TOT needed 30 days to install ADSL but can't see it working on such a noisy line.

My advice? Bye Bye TOT!

Edited by spacebass

Maybe it is because I’m on a remote beach in Thailand (yes Beachcomber is apt) but I have TOT and use their “free” internet dial up service (the other broad/fast band stuff has not reached here yet) and find it works reasonably OK.

OK so sometime it is not so great then I switch to CSLoxinfo but that costs more so try to avoid doing that. Sometimes the line drops out for no reason well this is the LOS we just wait for it to come back online.

I am not going anywhere so unlike some “Yuppie” types I have settled here and can live with my choices.

:o:D