3 Year Multiple Entry Visa

Hi

Applied for one of these and in local currency where I am, its about 12,000 baht.

However I wanted O not B status and in the consule is checking with BKK if its possible. He also said that the 3 year needs approval from Min of Foreign Affairs.

Anyone got one of these?

Cheers

The 3 year non-B visa is only availeble for business travelers and does indeed require permission from "Bangkok". It does not allow working in Thailand or extensions of stay from immigration, only business visits for up to 90 days a time.

The 3 year non-B visa is only availeble for business travelers and does indeed require permission from "Bangkok". It does not allow working in Thailand or extensions of stay from immigration, only business visits for up to 90 days a time.

And is this available as 'O' status also.

If that was meant as a question: No. I know only of the non-B visa with a 3 year validity.

If that was meant as a question: No. I know only of the non-B visa with a 3 year validity.

Clearly that is meant as a question.

Is your statement that this is only available as a non-B visa fact or personal assumption?

The "Three-Year Non-Immigrant Visa “B” (Business only)" is described here on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15386-Three-year-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"B"-(for-B.html

And is this NOT available as 'O' status? The embassy here thinks it is!

You have referred several times to 'O' status (which simply means other); on what basis would you actually be applying for a visa and at which Thai Consular Facility?

btw - have also never come across any mention of a 3 year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant 'O' Visa, only Category 'B' for Business, Excluding Employment, in Thailand.

The "Three-Year Non-Immigrant Visa “B” (Business only)" is described here on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15386-Three-year-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"B"-(for-B.html

I don't know the answer to that. I guess you will soon get the answer from the consulate where you have applied. I have never heard of a three-year non-O visa and apparently neither has the person with whom you talked at your consulate, as otherwise he would not have told you that he "is checking". It will be interesting to know his answer once you get it, if you will be so kind as to post it here.

Now you are calling it an embassy in your original post you called it a consulate.

Are you using an official Thai consulate or an honorary consulate?

If you look at the MFA website you will find no mention of a 3 year O visa which to me means the it is a no answer from me.