Thailand As An Electricity Hub

webfact

Hey guys, I think this is good stuff! the potential for Thailand to be an energy hub is nearly unlimited. Farmers aren't treated fairly in this country, they lack pride compared to the U.S. With such cheap labor, considering the nature of Thai workers, I think it is a viable way to put the country on the gird (literally). Say farmers find it more profitable to make a solar farm than a rice field, everyone in the community would lend a hand in that because it runs all their sh*t free of price. It's totally the Thai way. Temples get acres of land as well, teach Monks to maintain a solar farm for the sake of the community. That's way too easy to do. Wind mills can be mad of plastic that take years and years to erode from friction. There are solar panels sold in China for cheap because they don't reach a certain standard. This stuff (I believe) are sold by the warehouse-full. There's even asphalt that can absorb solar energy, now imagine all these roads built in say, pok chong (I think it is spelled wrong), this is a hugely growing area with farangs moving in left and right and a community of Thai people willing to work for free to better the place. The Ideological wonderland of awesome is available (though childish it may seem) is very much available in this country. No-one harvests this huge potential because they believe that life sucks, and that's it. There's more I want to knock out and I'm open to more ideas. I know you might see me as young and retarded, but i have a fire in my gut and an Immovable moral agenda. No flame war please.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys, I think this is good stuff! the potential for Thailand to be an energy hub is nearly unlimited. Farmers aren't treated fairly in this country, they lack pride compared to the U.S. With such cheap labor, considering the nature of Thai workers, I think it is a viable way to put the country on the gird (literally). Say farmers find it more profitable to make a solar farm than a rice field, everyone in the community would lend a hand in that because it runs all their sh*t free of price. It's totally the Thai way. Temples get acres of land as well, teach Monks to maintain a solar farm for the sake of the community. That's way too easy to do. Wind mills can be mad of plastic that take years and years to erode from friction. There are solar panels sold in China for cheap because they don't reach a certain standard. This stuff (I believe) are sold by the warehouse-full. There's even asphalt that can absorb solar energy, now imagine all these roads built in say, pok chong (I think it is spelled wrong), this is a hugely growing area with farangs moving in left and right and a community of Thai people willing to work for free to better the place. The Ideological wonderland of awesome is available (though childish it may seem) is very much available in this country. No-one harvests this huge potential because they believe that life sucks, and that's it. There's more I want to knock out and I'm open to more ideas. I know you might see me as young and retarded, but i have a fire in my gut and an Immovable moral agenda. No flame war please.

It must be great to be so young that you still think that you know everything.

Energy Minister Pongsak Ruktapongpisal is just another Thai dreamer with his head in the clouds, and his feet 25 meters off the ground. Come back down here to earth Pongsak. Please. We had a 90 hour blackout in Samui a few months ago, as I sit here right now, the electricity has been off for the last 19 hours. You honestly think your act is so together that you can sell electricity to your neighbors? Pretty soon your neighbors are going to be flooding into your kingdom, to be filling the English speaking posts that your associate who devised the "let every thai child speak English" campaign failed at. You are a rank amateur. You know very, very little about power generation. As the owner of Imperial World Shopping Center, you are not exactly an expert in the power field. But, you were appointed by a woman who did not care about qualifications. You were a crony. Now, keep your huge mouth shut, study your textbooks, and by the end of your term, you might be able to discovers the origins of electric.

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1