Can You Legally Be Banned From Eating At A Restaurant?

Jingthing

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about you actually put some effort into the local language and stop whining like a <Snip!>?

The problem is your fault. You live in a foreign country for years and years and you can't even order food in a restaurant. It is pathetic. What would you think about some asian or arab person who lived in your country and didn't learn enough English to order food, THEN complained and blamed it on you?

The fact he is willing to ban you from his establishment shows how annoying you must be.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

I find in Thai culture, complaining is taboo, and the customer is always wrong ...

Exactly. Your behavior is going counter-culture, and in their eyes, you are a cretin. If the laws are the same as in the west ("we can refuse service to anyone"), they can ban you, but not before they spit into that tom yum order of yours. Git while the gittin's good.

A post with a messed up quote header has been removed as well as a reply as it's misleading as to who said what originally.

On a side note, there's been some change in the programming of TV that makes quoting a poster very tricky. Now, the quotes are EASILY messed up, particularly when you've had too many nested quotes, and the error message comes up. When you try to fix it, it's almost impossible, and I, for one, give up. Can you pass this on to the "Programmers-That-Be?" Thanks for this short off-topic request.

• Like 1

A post with a messed up quote header has been removed as well as a reply as it's misleading as to who said what originally.

On a side note, there's been some change in the programming of TV that makes quoting a poster very tricky. Now, the quotes are EASILY messed up, particularly when you've had too many nested quotes, and the error message comes up. When you try to fix it, it's almost impossible, and I, for one, give up. Can you pass this on to the "Programmers-That-Be?" Thanks for this short off-topic request.
there is a small button in form of a switch at the top left corner of the WYSIWYG editor. click it and the editor will return to text mode which enables better editing (I agree the new editor is not good) Edited by manarak

You sound so much like my 1st husband. I finally took to pee-ing in his soup. He boasted to all his mates that the wife had "at along last" succeeded in dishing out a half-decent cup o'soup. He too was American which explains a lot in this OP I suppose

Not while it was still on the stove I hope.

Oh, and what type of soup was it ..... or aren't we allowed to say here?

• Like 2

there is a small button in form of a switch at the top left corner of the WYSIWYG editor. click it and the editor will return to text mode which enables better editing (I agree the new editor is not good)

THX!

You sound so much like my 1st husband. I finally took to pee-ing in his soup. He boasted to all his mates that the wife had "at along last" succeeded in dishing out a half-decent cup o'soup. He too was American which explains a lot in this OP I suppose

Not while it was still on the stove I hope.

Oh, and what type of soup was it ..... or aren't we allowed to say here?

Probably kidney soup. :bah:

• Like 2

You may find some answers here;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/124787-unexpected-cars/?view=findpost&p=6185508

Jeez, if you don't like the service or food go somewhere else?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Yes I can get the same kind of food 150 kilometers away. I'll keep that in mind, dude. You've been very helpful. Not sure what I would do without supporters like you.

Edited by Jingthing

How about you actually put some effort into the local language and stop whining like a <Snip!>?

The problem is your fault. You live in a foreign country for years and years and you can't even order food in a restaurant. It is pathetic. What would you think about some asian or arab person who lived in your country and didn't learn enough English to order food, THEN complained and blamed it on you?

The fact he is willing to ban you from his establishment shows how annoying you must be.

I can't order food in Thailand? That's HILARIOUS! clap2.gif

See, that's the thing JT, it's hard to support you when your attitude is as above..

totster smile.png

Back to the morality lectures, are we?

The issues I had with that restaurant weren't about Thai language, they were about a restaurant too lazy to train its own staff on its own ENGLISH LANGUAGE ONLY menu.

The guy who said eat somewhere else, just like you before, failed to digest that it was about a SPECIFIC kind of food not otherwise available.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I find in Thai culture, complaining is taboo, and the customer is always wrong ...

Exactly. Your behavior is going counter-culture, and in their eyes, you are a cretin. If the laws are the same as in the west ("we can refuse service to anyone"), they can ban you, but not before they spit into that tom yum order of yours. Git while the gittin's good.

Yes I do understood they consider my complaining about their incompetence makes me cretin-like in THEIR eyes and that this is Thailand, even in a restaurant serving non-Thai food, non-Thai menu, western ownership. I'm gittin, no worries.

Edited by Jingthing

See, that's the thing JT, it's hard to support you when your attitude is as above..

totster smile.png

Back to the morality lectures, are we?

The issues I had with that restaurant weren't about Thai language, they were about a restaurant too lazy to train its own staff on its own ENGLISH LANGUAGE ONLY menu.

The guy who said eat somewhere else, just like you before, failed to digest that it was about a SPECIFIC kind of food not otherwise available.

Apologies, you misunderstand me,

My aim is not to berate you, but just to try and direct you in a more amenable course.

totster :)

Apologies, you misunderstand me,

My aim is not to berate you, but just to try and direct you in a more amenable course.

totster smile.png

Just to let you know, not looking for "directors" in how to change my character at this stage of my life.

Then I would suggest stopping all the defensive post and understand that we cannot help you if your not willing to help yourself. As in first accepting the suggestions are mostly proffered with helpful intent and ignoring the rest? The tone of many of your replies are simply instigating more agitated responses are they not? Unless you enjoy consuming tainted dishes I would suggest movin on at this point. Just my two cents. Good luck to you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 2

I'm going to ignore the over the top personal attacks and give a specific example of a pattern of incompetence at that restaurant. One of their menu items offers clearly on their menu (which the waiters failed to bother to learn or understand)

Option 1

or

Option 2

ingredient

INSIDE the food item

If you want both options, you pay a surcharge fee.

It's clear on the menu.

I don't want either option INSIDE the food item as it makes a hot food item cold.

So I ask for Option 1 to be served OUTSIDE the food item.

They succeed in serving Option 1 outside the food item and neither Option 1 or Option 2 is inside the food item as requested.

Then EVERY TIME, I get surcharged as if I ordered Option 1 and Option 2.

I won't pay that. Only a sucker would. People get angry but I'm right. Then I'm in a weird position. I already ATE the food item, how can I then prove what was in the food item or not?

This happens every time. I've complained to management and they take off the charge but they never bother to train the waiters. Too complicated for them.

In what universe is it a major problem for a restaurant to deal with a customer ordering ONE already optional ingredient ON THE SIDE?

Dudes, this isn't about every restaurant I go to. As I said in my OP, I have only had serious conflicts with a TINY NUMBER of places in my life out of many hundreds of restaurants in Thailand, the USA, and travels globally.

I get it. People are having fun with this. But I know the truth about the restaurant I'm talking about and I am confident in my interpretation of my experience of it. If I COULD go into more detail I would reveal the place and could defend myself better against these garbage attacks, but I can't do that, so it is what is.

Cheers.

No wonder the staff get confused!

I'm trying to read your post and i get confused????

• Like 1

Forward me your Skype nick, soonest. smile.png

• Like 1