If You Hate Thailand, Why Live Here ?

soi41

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with some of the earlier comments; it's good to get things off your chest on here once in a while. Most of my time in Thailand is spent only in Thai company and they don't understand my perspective.

I do have a drip sometimes but I also do love Thailand and miss it every time I have to go abroad.

• Like 2

Negative comments often with good reason.

How about "ISO" for companies?? what I hear you ask? well my Wife used to work for a co. a long time ago and they got their ISO cert by paying the man off so how do you think the air safety issue is?? no one paid off?

• Like 1

Negative comments often with good reason.

How about "ISO" for companies?? what I hear you ask? well my Wife used to work for a co. a long time ago and they got their ISO cert by paying the man off so how do you think the air safety issue is?? no one paid off?

We did the same 14 years ago with my company in Australia, we BOUGHT it.... getting around things is not Thai centric
  • Like 1

QUOTE from OP:

"especially now where your homecountries are falling apart".

The Op is right, some posters are professional complainers with a very negative attitude. That includes the OP.

Some love complaining about Thailand, some love complaining about Farangland.

Not much difference between the two.

• Like 2

I think there is a natural tendency in expat groups to bitch. It's a coping mechanism, who else can relate to your problems? I also think Thailand in particular attracts certain people who could not make it back home and are not necessarily here by choice. If they could afford it and get as attractice a girlfriend they'd just as rather live in London.

Well if someone can't "make it" back home, there aren't that many opportunities to do so here. Unless, of course, you're talking about going from dating 4/10 women to 6/10+.

• Like 1

Some expats have bitching in their genes, it is what they do back home too, In some countries people have lost the ability to relax and just live, bitching and moaning is looked upon as life itself. The result are visible in their own countries and how they are run.

They cannot really help it, they have to work themselves up over something even if it doesn't make any difference since they cannot influence the things they are bitching about, which make s it even worse. Like I said; they have to, it is a habit they have grown into.

Hope this is cause enough to satisfy the needs. rolleyes.gif

I love Thailand

Some people want to leave and go home, but they have financial obligations with their families, and have spent most of their savings on a house which can never be theirs. That doesn't apply to me, despite it's faults, I also love Thailand.

I don't think people bitch and moan so much but rather get just annoyed at little things.

We all like things to be perfect in our lives and some just come on here when something small annoys them. Doesn't mean they don't like it here, doesn't mean they don't want to leave. Just means they want it to be that little bit closer to paradise.

Oh and no one likes being taken advantage of, in any country, so that is good reason to moan about it. But still doesn't mean it is enough to leave, just makes it one more thing to annoy us.

• Like 2

QUOTE:

Some expats have bitching in their genes, it is what they do back home too, In some countries people have lost the ability to relax and just live, bitching and moaning is looked upon as life itself. The result are visible in their own countries and how they are run

Very true!

But some bitch about Thailand, others bitch about Farangland.

Same same.

• Like 1

The negative reasons for complaining and bitching on here stem from certain members inability and powerlessness to change their "situation" in Thailand due to supporting families on their low income.
They are stuck in a catch 22 situation where they can not leave Thailand due to stricter Visa criteria to their home countries so face the future here on a diminishing budget with the worries of health, visa's niggling away at them.
They vent their spleen on here as a kind of therapy.

Freud look out!

CCC

• Like 1

The negative reasons for complaining and bitching on here stem from certain members inability and powerlessness to change their "situation" in Thailand due to supporting families on their low income.

They are stuck in a catch 22 situation where they can not leave Thailand due to stricter Visa criteria to their home countries so face the future here on a diminishing budget with the worries of health, visa's niggling away at them.

Freud look out!

CCC

Hmmmmmmmmmm, not sure about that. If one is a miserable sod then they would be the same what ever their circumstances. Look at me for instance. laugh.png

• Like 1

Some don't have a choice. They are sent here by the company they work for.

Your perspective is just that--your perspective.

We all complain about our home country when there, why do you think we wouldn't complain about a foreign country, when here?

• Like 1

When the police extorts 300 bath from me for an imaginary traffic offence, I complain about it on this forum.

That happens once a year.

The other 364 days (365 in a leap year), the police does not extort 300 bath from me, but I do not post that - so in the OP's view I am a never-happy-winger.

Do not tempt me, I might start posting daily.....

• Like 1

Freud look out!

CCC

Hmmmmmmmmmm, not sure about that. If one is a miserable sod then they would be the same what ever their circumstances. Look at me for instance. laugh.png

I don't believe that for one minute Transam! If you had the winning lottery ticket in your pocket i'm sure you'd crack a smile thinking of all the forthcoming spending and fun. Then when it was drew and blew, you could happily complain about it.

CCC

When the police extorts 300 bath from me for an imaginary traffic offence, I complain about it on this forum.

The other 364 days (365 in a leap year), the police does not extort 300 bath from me, but I do not post that - so in the OP's view I am a never-happy-winger.

You have got every reason to be upset ! w00t.gif The going rate for imaginary traffic-offences is only 200 baht coffee1.gif

• Like 2

I also think Thailand in particular attracts certain people who could not make it back home and are not necessarily here by choice. If they could afford it and get as attractice a girlfriend they'd just as rather live in London.

Do you think you'll ever be able to make it back home?

It must be difficult living here, when it's not really your choice. sad.png

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

You have got every reason to be upset ! w00t.gif The going rate for imaginary traffic-offences is only 200 baht coffee1.gif

are you a thai police man?

Edited by nidieunimaitre