Penis Erected Against ‘Widow Ghost’

Lite Beer

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And what has this got to do with Phuket?

Nothing. So he wrote Phuket when he really meant Pattaya which is only 80 K away.

He is 3/4 Aus and 1/4 Thai so maybe he's upside down at the moment and all confused.

Forget about that, please. Why the discussion, gents?

Let me show you how to discuss:

60 cms.......I assume that's flaccid

What precisely does this ceremony involve again?

I remember young girls dancing merrily around the object whilst splashing and rincing water over it..

I guess they didn't dance a lot to get a rise.

They dont start until you Pay boy

I pays my money, I takes my dances. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

And what has this got to do with Phuket?

Nothing. So he wrote Phuket when he really meant Pattaya which is only 80 K away.

He is 3/4 Aus and 1/4 Thai so maybe he's upside down at the moment and all confused.

Forget about that, please. Why the discussion, gents?

Let me show you how to discuss:

60 cms.......I assume that's flaccid

What precisely does this ceremony involve again?

I remember young girls dancing merrily around the object whilst splashing and rincing water over it..

I guess they didn't dance a lot to get a rise.

They dont start until you Pay boy

I pays my money, I takes my dances. rolleyes.gif

I loose my money, i take my chances.tongue.png

• Like 1

I bought a wonderful wood penis from a famous Wat in Thailand, special penis production fo women to want babies.

Wonderful handicraft outside, inside a littel noise. I spent hours to investigate where the samm noise came.

I took this wonderful penis back to Germany and I gave it (him?)to a wrestler of my team (medical coach was my job).

I gave him a thai massage before his fight (he 96 kg against 125 kg), then I put the wonderful Thai penis on his body,

He didn't believe really, me too.

He won his match on shoulder afer 20 seconds.

The story continues.

He took the superpenis home.

5 months later he connected me: Before we had no babies, no we have.

Now his son (the sayasaad baby) is in the baby wresting team of my village (power of Thailand?)

Guys, don't judge Thailand, my way is "amused distance" and you can learn......

I spent a bit of time in that area quite a few years ago (Nong Suea Chang actually ) and it possible it was because of the shear boredom of the area that the blokes woke up dead.

Please, oh please ... does some have a photo?

I don't often get down to Phuket ... but this I'd love to see ...

Phuket?

Rayong is about 50 km past Pattaya when coming from Bkk.

5o km,- hm. That's a long distance for the giant dick to please the giant vagina: Pattaya!

• Like 1

The monumental penis is thus an offering to the malevolent spirit.

I hope they used hardwood.

It depends on age, as it gets older, it will turn into soft wood

Not if you treat it well and use the occasional V polish.

In our area they can't run to phallic symbols so a red shirt is nailed outside the house.

Cardholder, you have only to go to any Khmer shrine and you will see monumental penises or their remains. They're called lingams. The square stones with a hole in the middle are the female equivalent and are called yonis. Go to any Thai provincial town, and you will find something called the City Pillar. This is a lingam, a survival of the Hindu Khmer Empire.

The "disease", by the way, is known as SUNDS (Sudden Unexplained Nocturnal Death Syndrome), which sounds impressive and means nothing.

This is no surprise: "palad khik" (literally: "esteemed penis 'substitute' or 'surrogate' ") are widely used in Thailand in a variety of magical ways, as a fetish which supposedly increases masculine power, and, in apotropaic magic, as, in this case, a counter-measure against evil spirits (phii), forces, etc.

Long before Buddhism came to Thailand, and was established, Shiva Lingam's (symbolic phallusesi) were widely dispersed sacred objects in the Khmer, or Mon, Indic cultures which were dominant in (central and southern Thailand, later in Haripunchai [Lamphun] in the north).

Still today, each major city may have a "Lak Mueang," or "city pillar," which is a symbolic phallus, representative of the center of the city-geobody spiritual force. Symbolically often likened, as Delphi (the omphalos stone) was for the ancient Greeks, as a "navel." Yes, a "re-purposed" Shiva Lingam.

In Chiang Mai, the city pillar, "Sao Intakin," was moved to Wat Chedi Luang, around 1800, from the ruins of Wat Intakin (after the destroyed, desolated, twenty-year abandoned, city of Chiang Mai was re-populated by King Kawila of Lampang, after the Burmese were kicked out of the north, permanently), where it is now in a separate building in the Wat's grounds, encased, and, on top of it, is a walking Buddha image (Phra Leela) in the Chiang Mai variant style of the classic Sukhothai Phra Leela style.

Dealers in amulets may have a palad khik that they will wave over their amulets on display, after someone has "rented" one (or they may just "fan" their items with the baht they have just received).

Phallic or yonic (vaginal) symbolism is common among many artifacts seen at local gatherings where amulets and images are "rented;" today.

The northern Thai fetish known as "Yper" (a female with legs turned out, her pudenda prominently displayed) is common here in Chiang Mai, and was, in the past, often buried, I am told, by women who wanted a child in the grounds of the Wat housing the Intakin. Scholars debate the origins of this symbol: the "easiest" interpretation is to see it as the "Yoni" in which the Shiva Lingam often is set, however, the Shiva Lingam is somewhat abstracted, not portrayed as part of a complete human figure; so, some speculate this may be a derivative form of a very ancient female fertility fetish from further north (today's Yunnan, or China), perhaps related to the very ancient female figure that became transformed in Taoism into the goddess "Yao Ji," who is similarly represented.

The animist past here is submerged less than one millimeter below the "great tradition" formal culture's surface, if you know where to look. And, where that past regularly "surfaces," in symbiotic relationship to "great tradition" Theravadan Buddhism, it is re-purposed, re-sacralized: to wit: Lu See (aka "Ru See"), the vampire spirits of Doi Suthep, Pu Sae, and Ya Sae, and their little demon child vampire, who now has been transformed into the statue of Lu See just to the left of the main entrance stairs leading up to the temenos (threshold of the sacred area) of Wat Prathat Doi Suthep, and so on.

One scholar believes that Pu Sae, and Ya Sae, are "demonizations," by later immigrant Tai peoples, of a possible very ancient migration of people who were originally from what is today Vietnam in pre-Tai immigration times (i.e., prior to 6~9th. century CE) to the Chiang Mai area. It would be interesting to know if any dna/haplotype studies have been carried out on the Lua peoples still living in places like the slopes of Doi Inthanon, some whom "look" very Vietnamese to me (admittedly a subjective impression based on a small sample).

I find these forms of cultural expression fascinating to study, both as cultural artifacts that reflect the historical evolution of S.E. Asian culture, forged at the intersection of so many very different "cultural vectors" (for northern Thailand: Buddhist, Indian Brahmanic, Khmer Indic, Mon Indic, Srivijayan, Sinhalese Theravadan, Chinese, ancient Tai animism, etc.), and, "qua object:" aesthetically interesting.

I have in my small personal collection the only bronze Yper I've seen in many years of visiting venues where animist objects are publicly shown, and find it interesting this rather large and heavy example is set in a setting that look like a leaf, also suggestive of yonic symbolism. I also have a rare small, silver, Shan shaman's talisman which portrays a male figure sitting on his haunches with a rather large erection.

Note: such explicitly sexual objects as Plalad Khik, or Yper, or shamanic jujus, would never be worn around the neck and publicly visible, but smaller Plalad Khik might worn by males, on a key ring, hanging out of the pocket.

The explicit visual expression of references to the sexual in "sacred context" has no inherent "strange" quality to me; I delight in the memories of my year in India (1975-1976), on a fellowship from UC Berkeley, in seeing, so many times, just after sunrise, a large stone Shiva Lingam, in a public place, being anointed with loving care by happy looking grandmothers with ghee (purified butter), as part of their morning puja (worship).

I admit to a slight feeling of dis-taste when I see the Thai magical cloths, or small wooden pieces, where a woman sexually couples with a horse, but, as the scholar Richard Lannoy pointed out in "The Speaking Tree" (Oxford University Press), the sacred is defined as much "in apposition" to its polar opposite, the taboo, in what Lannoy called "the antipodes of experience," as in the formal, great-tradition proscribed orthodoxy. And, the "mana" (magical force) released by ritual violation of the taboo in magic (propitiatory, apotropaic, sympathetic, black, white, etc.) is, paradoxically similar to (the "other side" of ?) the noumenal force that can lead to spiritual ecstasy.

If you want to get Jungian (or Kerenyian), you can argue, that all religions will have such images, either in "sacred foreground," or "animist background," because the human body itself, particularly the organs of generation, and seed, egg, is the "ultimate metaphor," and, it is only natural that the "warehouse" of archetypes (eternal cosmic forms, our collective, racial, consciousness, outside of the bounds of what we experience as time, and space, in our limited consciousnesses in "normal" life), draw from the deep subterranean aquifers of that source.

So, I don't think there's anything going on in Nong Yai in Rayong, that's not also happening in some altered form in New York, in the Kalahari desert in Africa, even in People's Square in Beijing, or at a Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta (Lady Gaga) concert (hope she can handle her synovitis, and doesn't have lupus, and can get back on-stage ... not that I'd ever watch, or listen to, her music).

yours, ~o:37;

• Like 2

This is no surprise: "palad khik" (literally: "esteemed penis 'substitute' or 'surrogate' ") are widely used in Thailand in a variety of magical ways, as a fetish which supposedly increases masculine power, and, in apotropaic magic, as, in this case, a counter-measure against evil spirits (phii), forces, etc.

Long before Buddhism came to Thailand, and was established, Shiva Lingam's (symbolic phallusesi) were widely dispersed sacred objects in the Khmer, or Mon, Indic cultures which were dominant in (central and southern Thailand, later in Haripunchai [Lamphun] in the north).

Still today, each major city may have a "Lak Mueang," or "city pillar," which is a symbolic phallus, representative of the center of the city-geobody spiritual force. Symbolically often likened, as Delphi (the omphalos stone) was for the ancient Greeks, as a "navel." Yes, a "re-purposed" Shiva Lingam.

In Chiang Mai, the city pillar, "Sao Intakin," was moved to Wat Chedi Luang, around 1800, from the ruins of Wat Intakin (after the destroyed, desolated, twenty-year abandoned, city of Chiang Mai was re-populated by King Kawila of Lampang, after the Burmese were kicked out of the north, permanently), where it is now in a separate building in the Wat's grounds, encased, and, on top of it, is a walking Buddha image (Phra Leela) in the Chiang Mai variant style of the classic Sukhothai Phra Leela style.

Dealers in amulets may have a palad khik that they will wave over their amulets on display, after someone has "rented" one (or they may just "fan" their items with the baht they have just received).

Phallic or yonic (vaginal) symbolism is common among many artifacts seen at local gatherings where amulets and images are "rented;" today.

The northern Thai fetish known as "Yper" (a female with legs turned out, her pudenda prominently displayed) is common here in Chiang Mai, and was, in the past, often buried, I am told, by women who wanted a child in the grounds of the Wat housing the Intakin. Scholars debate the origins of this symbol: the "easiest" interpretation is to see it as the "Yoni" in which the Shiva Lingam often is set, however, the Shiva Lingam is somewhat abstracted, not portrayed as part of a complete human figure; so, some speculate this may be a derivative form of a very ancient female fertility fetish from further north (today's Yunnan, or China), perhaps related to the very ancient female figure that became transformed in Taoism into the goddess "Yao Ji," who is similarly represented.

The animist past here is submerged less than one millimeter below the "great tradition" formal culture's surface, if you know where to look. And, where that past regularly "surfaces," in symbiotic relationship to "great tradition" Theravadan Buddhism, it is re-purposed, re-sacralized: to wit: Lu See (aka "Ru See"), the vampire spirits of Doi Suthep, Pu Sae, and Ya Sae, and their little demon child vampire, who now has been transformed into the statue of Lu See just to the left of the main entrance stairs leading up to the temenos (threshold of the sacred area) of Wat Prathat Doi Suthep, and so on.

One scholar believes that Pu Sae, and Ya Sae, are "demonizations," by later immigrant Tai peoples, of a possible very ancient migration of people who were originally from what is today Vietnam in pre-Tai immigration times (i.e., prior to 6~9th. century CE) to the Chiang Mai area. It would be interesting to know if any dna/haplotype studies have been carried out on the Lua peoples still living in places like the slopes of Doi Inthanon, some whom "look" very Vietnamese to me (admittedly a subjective impression based on a small sample).

I find these forms of cultural expression fascinating to study, both as cultural artifacts that reflect the historical evolution of S.E. Asian culture, forged at the intersection of so many very different "cultural vectors" (for northern Thailand: Buddhist, Indian Brahmanic, Khmer Indic, Mon Indic, Srivijayan, Sinhalese Theravadan, Chinese, ancient Tai animism, etc.), and, "qua object:" aesthetically interesting.

I have in my small personal collection the only bronze Yper I've seen in many years of visiting venues where animist objects are publicly shown, and find it interesting this rather large and heavy example is set in a setting that look like a leaf, also suggestive of yonic symbolism. I also have a rare small, silver, Shan shaman's talisman which portrays a male figure sitting on his haunches with a rather large erection.

Note: such explicitly sexual objects as Plalad Khik, or Yper, or shamanic jujus, would never be worn around the neck and publicly visible, but smaller Plalad Khik might worn by males, on a key ring, hanging out of the pocket.

The explicit visual expression of references to the sexual in "sacred context" has no inherent "strange" quality to me; I delight in the memories of my year in India (1975-1976), on a fellowship from UC Berkeley, in seeing, so many times, just after sunrise, a large stone Shiva Lingam, in a public place, being anointed with loving care by happy looking grandmothers with ghee (purified butter), as part of their morning puja (worship).

I admit to a slight feeling of dis-taste when I see the Thai magical cloths, or small wooden pieces, where a woman sexually couples with a horse, but, as the scholar Richard Lannoy pointed out in "The Speaking Tree" (Oxford University Press), the sacred is defined as much "in apposition" to its polar opposite, the taboo, in what Lannoy called "the antipodes of experience," as in the formal, great-tradition proscribed orthodoxy. And, the "mana" (magical force) released by ritual violation of the taboo in magic (propitiatory, apotropaic, sympathetic, black, white, etc.) is, paradoxically similar to (the "other side" of ?) the noumenal force that can lead to spiritual ecstasy.

If you want to get Jungian (or Kerenyian), you can argue, that all religions will have such images, either in "sacred foreground," or "animist background," because the human body itself, particularly the organs of generation, and seed, egg, is the "ultimate metaphor," and, it is only natural that the "warehouse" of archetypes (eternal cosmic forms, our collective, racial, consciousness, outside of the bounds of what we experience as time, and space, in our limited consciousnesses in "normal" life), draw from the deep subterranean aquifers of that source.

So, I don't think there's anything going on in Nong Yai in Rayong, that's not also happening in some altered form in New York, in the Kalahari desert in Africa, even in People's Square in Beijing, or at a Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta (Lady Gaga) concert (hope she can handle her synovitis, and doesn't have lupus, and can get back on-stage ... not that I'd ever watch, or listen to, her music).

Or...it's not just B-ll-x, it is Ancient B-ll-x ! Even so : gratifyingly erudite.

This one was just too good to resist. Tell the women of Nong Yai if they really want a man that is immune to thai ghosts find a farang. He will give you money, have a job or pension, dreams of having sex with beautiful women nightly, and plenty of boom boom.

In our area they can't run to phallic symbols so a red shirt is nailed outside the house.

Cardholder, interesting reply. I was recently on a morning bike ride with a long time Thai friend when he asked me to stop. I turned around to find him taking a photo of a red shirt hung on a wall with an A4 paper pinned to it saying (in Thai language) "No men live here". As we were discussing the situation, an older lady walked out and he asked her what the sign meant. She explained that in recent months several men in the village had died in their sleep from no apparant illness. The local shaman (?) had been consulted and his prescription for this situation was to inform and disperse the errant spirit by giving her notice that the village no longer had any men available. As we continued our ride through that particular village, it was obvious that the red shirts were posted outside most of the homes. We all hear and read of events around Thailand as I have for the past 18+ years that smack of similar occurances. This one made it tangible.

• Like 1

Khun LookingEast wrote:

Or...it's not just B-ll-x, it is Ancient B-ll-x ! Even so : gratifyingly erudite.

On principle, I agree with you, but I wonder: is it any more B-ll-x than believing in the Higgs Boson, and the Quark, any more B-ll-x than the reasons the country of my birth invaded Iraq ? Is it any stranger than Werner Heisenberg's comment: "atoms are not things" ? Is it any less "fantastical" than our own subjective experience of a flux of states of consciousness, and the construction of a continually re-edited fiction of a personal self with a historical continuity, which then "enacts" us, as much as we "enact" it ?

But, as Groucho Marx said: "Those are my principles, if you don't like them, I've got others."

smile.png

Edited by orang37

This one was just too good to resist. Tell the women of Nong Yai if they really want a man that is immune to thai ghosts find a farang. He will give you money, have a job or pension, dreams of having sex with beautiful women nightly, and plenty of boom boom.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun RBrooks,

A damn good selling point !

Also, continuing in the same vein, one might add that most farang men here are older, and already at least fifty-percent brain-dead, or disabled, well-on-their-way to dementia, or pickled-in-alcohol, and, probably wouldn't be a full, or appetizing, meal for the hungry ghost (phii preta) ravaging Nong Yai, who, I'd guess, probably craves male souls (kwan pu chai) really spicy (phet maak).

Would the Widow ghost in question pass up a half-a-meal of gamy old white-soul: or, would she take two to make a happy meal: that is the question.

Thus, depending on the wife, and the timing, having a "samee farang" might be perceived as an advantage or dis-advantage, depending on what the farang has placed, so far, in her name (land, house, car, etc.) ... or what he hasn't "placed" ... and what she might harvest from his pension, or whatever, when he finally deserts the body, soul, or no soul.

I've seen a lot of Thai Buddhist monks carrying penis amulets in their bags or pockets.. I have yet to get a good answer why? Monks, mind you.. blink.png

Many Thai monks get into the collecting Buddha amulets thing, not just the lay people. Well off the track since they should be advising the lays that this is the false thing to rely upon, the real thing is meditation and mindfulness. i suppose it is easier to just hang something around you neck instead of doing all that hard work... rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Actually the OP is not all that unbelievable...to me.

In one of the stories from LP Jaran's past he was doing Tudong with his master and they came across a village where the people were being troubled by a 'Phii Dib' (vampire). Both he and his master were Arahants so they had no fears and also special abilities to see the causes for things. The villagers claimed that men were dying after being attacked at night by a female Phii dib. So the houses in the village had dolls outside and the men dressed as women and wore make-up to try and fool the Phii dib that they were not male.

The trouble was that a woman had died who had cause to hate men and want revenge upon them , and they had been burying their dead instead of cremating them for several years. The monks got some villagers to help dig up the 'fresh' bodies of those causing the trouble and the victims and burn them all....that fixed it!