Widening Of Beach Rd Started At North End

morrobay

Look at this mindless modern art. Its not the kind of art you can look at and have an appreciation. With the Mermaid you could marvel at length with fondness.

Can anybody tell me what that modern art in front of Central Shopping is ?

there is some debate as to weather its an eye on legs or a babies rattle

Metal brackets attached to the sea wall near Nautical Hotel. Anybody have an idea what they will be used for ?

LLL

Im guessing that its the wooden balcony that was supposed to go around the outside of the steps at Mikes, maybe even allowing whellchair access. difficult to tell but at least they are trying

Metal brackets attached to the sea wall near Nautical Hotel. Anybody have an idea what they will be used for ?

LLL

Im guessing that its the wooden balcony that was supposed to go around the outside of the steps at Mikes, maybe even allowing whellchair access. difficult to tell but at least they are trying

Yes it does look like a ramp to go over the beach side steps. Not the same as the artist rendering from months ago.

LLL

Yes it does look like a ramp to go over the beach side steps. Not the same as the artist rendering from months ago.

I will get down there today and get some vid and pics of the metal brackets. Maby from them we cant get some idea of what they are for. I will keep you all informed.

If they are building a walkway around the backside of the monument in front of Mikes Shopping it would not have to have a ramp, just flat. This would keep people from using the current steps that we all like(on water side). Sitting there looking out over the water without too much road traffic in sight.

If this walkway is built then wheelchair access around the monument will be perfect. Such is progress.

A new set of steps (30 meters) on both sides of the monument have been built.

If they are building a walkway around the backside of the monument in front of Mikes Shopping it would not have to have a ramp, just flat. This would keep people from using the current steps that we all like(on water side). Sitting there looking out over the water without too much road traffic in sight.

If this walkway is built then wheelchair access around the monument will be perfect. Such is progress.

A new set of steps (30 meters) on both sides of the monument have been built.

I can confirm it is 30 meters.

LLL

I will get down there today and get some vid and pics of the metal brackets. Maby from them we cant get some idea of what they are for. I will keep you all informed.

Just got back, yes, they are infact "metal brackets." Ferrous metal with zinc coating,cold dipped.

My guess is that they'll extend and widen Walking Street and then carry on up the hill and over to Jomtien where the walkway at Dongtan and then Beach Road badly require widening. Of course that is if they have enough metal brackets.

. Whatever you do,don't forget the metal brackets.

Well guys it looks like if we want any seating were going to have to go and install it ourselves....

The city fathers have wisely realized that a sandbag is just a lot more comfortable than a stone bench. Ladies are sittin' on 'em waiting as I write. Come on down!

Well guys it looks like if we want any seating were going to have to go and install it ourselves....

The city fathers have wisely realized that a sandbag is just a lot more comfortable than a stone bench. Ladies are sittin' on 'em waiting as I write. Come on down!

Amazing post--not one insult and also funny :)

• Like 1

I know it will affect threelegcow, but, as there is no widening at north end,why is this topic still running? All posts are now off topic.

.... because this topic is about the widening of Beach Rd. which just so happened started at the north end and then moved south. Topics/threads evolve over time and this thread is as relevant today as the day of the first post.

I know it will affect threelegcow, but, as there is no widening at north end,why is this topic still running? All posts are now off topic.

The project is not yet complete.

This is a shocking and revolutionary admission. Does it not imply that Doomsday may be on hold?

.... because this topic is about the widening of Beach Rd. which just so happened started at the north end and then moved south. Topics/threads evolve over time and this thread is as relevant today as the day of the first post.

"Relevant". Garbage. You obviously have not been reading any of the posts for the last few months. You are correct about one thing though." The topics/threads have gone south".

I know you guys are baiting me to go off topic so:

Yes I confess I have tried to keep this thread alive, not just for sake of info about the beach but;

I was so tired of the "jet ski crap" and just wanted to see a thread that had some staying power.

So we are nearing the end of the beach project (maybe) and this thread could die a natural death.

Or you guys can start up again on off topic stuff and the mod will shut it down (up to you). I am amazed it

has stayed active as long as it has. I did notice that the view count has droped off but still has an

impressive number.

Way back when on this thread I stated that the next project would be to tear down beach side Walking Street

to widen the road. Dream on broom stick cowboy, of rocket ships to mars.

I know you guys are baiting me to go off topic so:

Yes I confess I have tried to keep this thread alive, not just for sake of info about the beach but;

I was so tired of the "jet ski crap" and just wanted to see a thread that had some staying power.

So we are nearing the end of the beach project (maybe) and this thread could die a natural death.

Or you guys can start up again on off topic stuff and the mod will shut it down (up to you). I am amazed it

has stayed active as long as it has. I did notice that the view count has droped off but still has an

impressive number.

Way back when on this thread I stated that the next project would be to tear down beach side Walking Street

to widen the road. Dream on broom stick cowboy, of rocket ships to mars.

I doubt Walking St will go, as there are people with vested interests there. The authorities have been warbling on about demolishing the sea side buildings for at least 15 years, and they are still there.

The walkway was doomed because no one "owned" it, and it was not making enough money for the usual suspects. Now they can erect many more stalls to collect rent money, so they won.

Has any one see how narrow the space is now for walking between the vendors from the Wave hotel to

Walking street? I was walking there during the afternoon and it seemed a bit crowed....Tonight it will be complete

100% gridlock...

Before the new beach road it was very crowed walking there now it will be unbearable.

Edited by fforest1

Has any one see how narrow the space is now for walking between the vendors from the Wave hotel to

Walking street? I was walking there during the afternoon and it seemed a bit crowed....Tonight it will be complete

100% gridlock...

Before the new beach road it was very crowed walking there now it will be unbearable.

OMG. Now I've lost the will to live. xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kh9vLpJQkU.png

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1