Widening Of Beach Rd Started At North End

morrobay

OMG. Now I've lost the will to live. Posted Image

Nah, you haven't. You just dont care about the once nice promenade. For you its a win, you have one more car lane now.

I tryed to walk on Beach Rd Wed night, coulnd't walk, there is no room to walk between tents selling some crap, and tables and food stalls on other side of walkway.

Between tents and food stalls there was about 1m of space, crammed w people trying to walk. So I took baht from Mikes to Pattaya Tai.

I walk that route about 6 times every day, but when the road is lined w vendors, the place is hopeless.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Has any one see how narrow the space is now for walking between the vendors from the Wave hotel to

Walking street? I was walking there during the afternoon and it seemed a bit crowed....Tonight it will be complete

100% gridlock...

Before the new beach road it was very crowed walking there now it will be unbearable.

OMG. Now I've lost the will to live. xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kh9vLpJQkU.png

I think it should be twelvepack,not six.

OMG. Now I've lost the will to live. xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kh9vLpJQkU.png

Nah, you haven't. You just dont care about the once nice promenade. For you its a win, you have one more car lane now.

I tryed to walk on Beach Rd Wed night, coulnd't walk, there is no room to walk between tents selling some crap, and tables and food stalls on other side of walkway.

Between tents and food stalls there was about 1m of space, crammed w people trying to walk. So I took baht from Mikes to Pattaya Tai.

I walk that route about 6 times every day, but when the road is lined w vendors, the place is hopeless.

Yep. Welcome to the wonderful world of Thai festivals, i. e., junk vendors. That's how we do it!

Cf. Chatuchak market, Bangkok, or even the Tue/Fri Soi Buakhow market. Think of it as "Chatuchak meets Beach Road."

You just didn't do enough shopping to get the true Thai experience of enjoyment. Surely you need an extra trinket or two, perhaps another pair of cheap sunglasses? Get with the program, man!

And thank the extra lane that your baht bus went anywhere. :)

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

Yes, but Chatuchak is market, if you go there you are prepared to move with a flow, at speed of 1meter per minute. Beach Rd is suppose to promenade, a place where people walk

Turning beach Rd into a nigh market is nothing new, I agree that walking there during those festivals and market days was never fun, but now with sidewalk narrower, it is near impossible to walk there.

JSixpack has now managed even a second post in this topic w no insults

:)

What is the world coming to!

(btw I still dont belive JSixPack has a six pack)

Edited by valgehiir

Turning beach Rd into a nigh market is nothing new, I agree that walking there during those festivals and market days was never fun, but now with sidewalk narrower, it is near impossible to walk there.

Well, you see, the sidewalk has merely returned to the true purpose of a Thai sidewalk, so now it's in the state in which it always should have been.

The normal case can be experienced anytime on the other side of the street. For example, if I want to make that classic, well-worn trek from Nevada Go-Go on Soi Post Office to the Tahitian Queen Go-Go on Beach Rd. (or the reverse, if my wallet is getting light), I'll just have to walk in the street if I expect to get there within my lifetime.

Previously you'd merely exploited an oversight in city planning :) to wax pampered and spoiled, walking on the sidewalk with an undue sense of privilege when you should have been in the street. "Give an farang an inch and he'll take a mile!"

Back to business as usual. smile.png Exotic Asia!

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

The other side of Beach rd, the side with street vendors, and shops and bars is not really a sidewalk, trying to walk on that side is just not humanly possible.

Every day I navigate to Starbucks on the corner of soi 13/1. Over the past few years I have developed a technique, that allows me to get to Starbucks with very little stress.

Now, with the narrower sidewalk on beach side of the street, and on days of junk festivivals, I am half dead and angry by the time I get to my coffee. Yesterday I walked on road, next to cars. It is dangerous to walk between cars, but I figure if car should hit me, no big deal, day was ruined anyway.

Im sitting at Starbucks right now, getting here today was heavenly experience, cos Beach rd is closed to traffic! I wish every day will be like today!

OT, I noticed the issue of six pack was not addressed.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

JSixpack has now managed even a second post in this topic w no insults

:)

What is the world coming to!

(btw I still dont belive JSixPack has a six pack)

Sure he's got a sixpack. He was spotted double parked on Beach Rd. recently loading many sixpacks in the back of his pickup :)

• Like 1

Well, you see, the sidewalk has merely returned to the true purpose of a Thai sidewalk, so now it's in the state in which it always should have been.

The normal case can be experienced anytime on the other side of the street. For example, if I want to make that classic, well-worn trek from Nevada Go-Go on Soi Post Office to the Tahitian Queen Go-Go on Beach Rd. (or the reverse, if my wallet is getting light), I'll just have to walk in the street if I expect to get there within my lifetime.

Previously you'd merely exploited an oversight in city planning smile.png to wax pampered and spoiled, walking on the sidewalk with an undue sense of privilege when you should have been in the street. "Give an farang an inch and he'll take a mile!"

Back to business as usual. smile.png Exotic Asia!

Get a life 6pack.

Get in touch with reality. All around the world towns and city hold festivals, carnivals, parades etc etc. Pattaya is no exception.

For those who enjoy it - they have a great time; for those who don't, it is a pain; for those who are in the middle - they just stay away. Pattaya is no exception.

One of the functions of City Hall (or what ever equivilent on a world wide basis) is to provide business opportuities for local businessmen. Pattaya is no exception.

One thing this weekend has shown is the value of the extra lane. When it has been (temporarily) taken away, traffic congestion returns. Live with it. People in towns and cities all over the world do when the circus comes to town.

• Like 1

Previously you'd merely exploited an oversight in city planning :) to wax pampered and spoiled, walking on the sidewalk with an undue sense of privilege

I never really thought about the purpose of sidewalks that way..

Somehow I always assumed sidewalks are there for people to walk. I am now starting to realize how twisted my thinking has been all these years.

For once I was blind, now I can see.

(by the way, in case somone is wondering about this 'sent from C6802' line at the bottom,

It means its sent from Sony Z Ultra tablet.

I could have easily unmarked the little box in TV android app, and you'd never know which device was used, but Im really proud of my new tablet :)

Seriously tho, it is a very nice tablet! Fits in front pocket, so you wont break it in half having it in your back pocket, as I did 3 days ago to my Nexus 7 2013 :(

• Like 1

The other side of Beach rd, the side with street vendors, and shops and bars is not really a sidewalk, trying to walk on that side is just not humanly possible.

Exactly. That's the norm.

Every day I navigate to Starbucks on the corner of soi 13/1. Over the past few years I have developed a technique, that allows me to get to Starbucks with very little stress.

Now you've gone and done it. You've pushed one our forum's biggest hot buttons: the dreaded Starbucks button! Argh!

Best to use S*******s to refer to that vile tax-evading, exploitative pusher of overpriced burnt <deleted>, so that our rabid anti-S*******s fanatics won't soil their knickers, hijack the thread, and call you bad names!

I know that shop well. Good place to people watch. Fact, I've been known to add a shot of whiskey to my expresso there for Irish coffee, sort of. They don't mind.

Now, with the narrower sidewalk on beach side of the street, and on days of junk festivivals, I am half dead and angry by the time I get to my coffee. Yesterday I walked on road, next to cars. It is dangerous to walk between cars, but I figure if car should hit me, no big deal, day was ruined anyway.

Im sitting at Starbucks right now, getting here today was heavenly experience, cos Beach rd is closed to traffic! I wish every day will be like today!

Well, you gotta get used to the idea that sooner or later a baht bus will kill you. Period. But it's OK: you died in Pattaya, surrounded by black-haired angels.

OT, I noticed the issue of six pack was not addressed.

I stay pretty fit through diet and exercise. It's not so difficult or expensive to do: you might read some of my posts on low-carb dieting in the Health forum if interested.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

Get a life 6pack.

If you can't keep up with the conversation, best not try to join in.

Yeah. Wimps, buzz off!

I have a good life, actually. It's fun to have few laughs here, too.

Edited by JSixpack

I am aware Starbucks is pure evil, and possibly devil himself. And I do read posts about how coffee there is awful, and how they sued some guy in BKK, while all he was doing was using Starbucks logo.

I feel terrible every time I sit at their table right outside, and drink their awful awful corporate coffee! I am a bad person :(

• Like 1

I am aware Starbucks is pure evil, and possibly devil himself. And I do read posts about how coffee there is awful, and how they sued some guy in BKK, while all he was doing was using Starbucks logo.

I feel terrible every time I sit at their table right outside, and drink their awful awful corporate coffee! I am a bad person sad.png

I'm sure there is a path to redemption for your evil ways.

However the sidewalk probably isn't it whistling.gif

I feel terrible every time I sit at their table right outside, and drink their awful awful corporate coffee! I am a bad person sad.png

I'm sure there is a path to redemption for your evil ways.

However the sidewalk probably isn't it whistling.gif

I disagree. There can be no redemption for those that use S***********s. In fact, there is a special circle of hell reserved for them, along with those that buy clothes made in a Bangladesh sweatshop sad.png .

Can someone please take some new pics and post them, so we can see how it looks like now.

(and stay ON topic)

If you want to see the sidewalk now you are asking for too much, It is occupied with a flee market covering everything you want to see. The firework festible is in full swing. If you want to see the firework festible then ask for that.

Otherwise go to post 882 and start viewing pics from Oct. Not much has changed except for street lights etc,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/629334-widening-of-beach-rd-started-at-north-end/page-36

Look at this mindless modern art. Its not the kind of art you can look at and have an appreciation. With the Mermaid you could marvel at length with fondness.

Can anybody tell me what that modern art in front of Central Shopping is ?

That new art at Central Shopping Beach is now being redone.

Edited by threelegcowboy

Look at this mindless modern art. Its not the kind of art you can look at and have an appreciation. With the Mermaid you could marvel at length with fondness.

Can anybody tell me what that modern art in front of Central Shopping is ?

That new art at Central Shopping Beach is now being redone.

Whoopee do