Widening Of Beach Rd Started At North End

morrobay

Is this the new highway in Pattaya ?

I was happy tonight driving from the north to south along the beach "highway" . Not so many people dared crossing the road so I could speed up to 80 km/h , no problem at all , it took me 2 minutes to get to walking street .

Thanks for the pics of the area in front of Mike's Shopping Mall. It actually looks like they are doing a good job. I am not sure about the durability of the building materials, but it seems like a major improvement. I still miss the old growth trees and seating areas, even though I rarely went there.

Those orange barricades on the road make you walk next to cars, cos sidewalk is closed up by these orange thingies. Its been now 1 week, if you make a mistake of walking on the beach side of the promenade, sidewalk suddenly ends, and the orange things make you walk inches away from moving cars and bikes. Better cross to other side. Crossing the road there now is a breeze, cos traffic is standstill most of evening.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The first pic first design shows a songtaw on top of the speed bump. The bump maybe 1/4 meter high and 1 1/2 songtaw long. Good to keep the speed down as I went over it in a songtaw and yes you knew it was there.

The modification shown in second pic is at least 2 1/2 songtaw long with a gradual ramp. This will allow for much higher speed. I will do a test run someday to find out how much this slows me down.

Maybe a contest to see how fast you can make it, Evil Kenevil.smile.png

post-11376-0-78325600-1387785167_thumb.j

post-11376-0-85248000-1387785218_thumb.j

The first pic first design shows a songtaw on top of the speed bump. The bump maybe 1/4 meter high and 1 1/2 songtaw long. Good to keep the speed down as I went over it in a songtaw and yes you knew it was there.

The modification shown in second pic is at least 2 1/2 songtaw long with a gradual ramp. This will allow for much higher speed. I will do a test run someday to find out how much this slows me down.

You can't be for real.

You can't be for real.

Well I have never seen anyone get stopped for speeding on Beach Road. No one has come forward with any idea of the speed limit. Many times I have seen vehicles going over 100 KPH. So how fast can you go in the early morning hours over that bump ?

Amazing Thailand, everything has to be done at least twice, four times if lucky. Speed bumps are not a new invention, havent they learned to make one yet?

You've discovered another item for your most excellent Thai shortcomings list! Well done! Maybe frame it and hang it on your wall? Sleep with it under your pillow? Wrap it in a red ribbon and present it to Parliament?

Edited by JSixpack

My only Xmas wish is to become a moderator and close this done to the death topic. Anyone else agree?

50K views is a good round number but it aint over till the last part is done. Down by the pump station (south end) they are still laying concrete. Should not be too long. I will agree with you then.

I agree, shouldn't be much longer, then this thread will have a natural death.

• Like 1

A properly designed speed hump is negligible when crossing at 30 mph, but vicious if speeding.

What about speed bumps for these lowlife locals who race on the promenade walkway ? I motioned for one of these jerks to slow down on the walkway and the next thing I have two moto taxi jerks yelling at me for 5 minutes. Where are the statistics when you need them ?

And by the way there are major erosion problems ( under mining walkway in back of seawall in some areas). Like in front of Holiday Inn and in front of Central Festival drive in.

They are never going to be finished with this project.

Edited by morrobay

My only Xmas wish is to become a moderator and close this done to the death topic. Anyone else agree?

No.

Simple: buzz off and don't read the thread if it no longer pleases you, princess. You've already come out with this whine. Been heard and ignored. Why hang around and keep repeating it? True, you got nothing to contribute anyway.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

That speed bump is worthless, you can quote me on that. I went over this morning in a speeding songtaw(50KPH) and it was a smooth ride. I think maybe 80KPH before its uncomforable.

Agreed, went over it yesterday. Now it's a pleasant little rise that almost inspires one to speed. :)

Amazing Thailand, everything has to be done at least twice, four times if lucky. Speed bumps are not a new invention, havent they learned to make one yet?

In my road they installed speed humps 3 times. The first ones everyone complained about so they ripped them out and installed ones which were so flat they hardly noticed, like Kate Moss boobs. So they re-did them again.

And thats in the UK. Every country can mess things up, why always single out Thailand?

• Like 1