Widening Of Beach Rd Started At North End

morrobay

Amazing Thailand, everything has to be done at least twice, four times if lucky. Speed bumps are not a new invention, havent they learned to make one yet?

In my road they installed speed humps 3 times. The first ones everyone complained about so they ripped them out and installed ones which were so flat they hardly noticed, like Kate Moss boobs. So they re-did them again.

And thats in the UK. Every country can mess things up, why always single out Thailand?

Probably because some of us live here permanently ...

My only Xmas wish is to become a moderator and close this done to the death topic. Anyone else agree?

No.

Simple: buzz off and don't read the thread if it no longer pleases you, princess. You've already come out with this whine. Been heard and ignored. Why hang around and keep repeating it? True, you got nothing to contribute anyway.

You have spoken, been heard, now, what else?

With all due respect, with over 40 years as an educator, I was hoping to educate people to widen their horizons. Obviously I have failed.

Inevitably. First, nobody cares about any qualifications or what your hopes are. And then too there's just no vacancy at all in any of the forum schoolmarm positions--all are overfilled by a factor of ten. You'll quickly find that everybody knows everything anyway.

Glad you've learned your lesson so that we can get back on the fascinating topic here. cool.png.pagespeed.ce.jz1nB6CMOI.png

• Like 1

The thread has widened out to "the new promenade in general." They can finish the road widening, but the promenade itself won't be quite finished. Need time to see the fate of the sandbags and possible seating..

Then there can be a nice summation of how right or wrong were the many prophecies throughout the thread. I might do that myself.

Those who don't like the thread now can simply buzz off and not read it.

No doubt. The promenade is not finished, and is prolly far from complete right now. They are working with some parts of the new promenade, some structures made of wood, and so far looking promising.

But if there will be no chairs, no benches, I will stick it you, over and over (not in literal sense, alltho one can wish), and make you take everything back what you have said in this thread, and that you have posted about the Beach rd widening.

My only Xmas wish is to become a moderator and close this done to the death topic. Anyone else agree?

Why do you wish to destroy the little fun we have in this town?

Maybe join YouTube, and post your deep thoughts there?

Why do you make yourself suffer, reading threads at TV, that u clearly dont like?

You do know, that reading web boards is not mandatory, yes? Or maybe it is in your country.. My guess would be you are from Albania, or Romania.

Am I close?

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Amazing Thailand, everything has to be done at least twice, four times if lucky. Speed bumps are not a new invention, havent they learned to make one yet?

Considering most of them hammer screws, I would wager the answer is no, they have not yet figured out how to make proper speed bumps.

Hi,

these round concrete things in the middle of the promenade, north end, had 8 bolts sticking out about a month ago. (Half of them were already bent and had the threads damaged)

post-110915-0-93435100-1388221362_thumb.

Can anybody tell if in the meantime they have put these installations into use yet?

For:

Seating??? Pieces of art??? Advertising signs??? Tasteful lights?

Beach road is no longer being widened at the north end.Eight bolts,speed humps,pics of metal brackets etc won't change that. Aveagoodday

The thread has widened out to "the new promenade in general." They can finish the road widening, but the promenade itself won't be quite finished. Need time to see the fate of the sandbags and possible seating, for example. The seating has been the topic of countless posts yet isn't directly related to widening the road.

Why do you make yourself suffer, reading threads at TV, that u clearly dont like?

You do know, that reading web boards is not mandatory, yes? Or maybe it is in your country.. My guess would be you are from Albania, or Romania.

Am I close?

Wrong,the Vatican.

Am I close?

Wrong,the Vatican.

Do you have anything to add at all? Anything!?

Well, the topic isn't boring for me. I arrive back January 16 and am wondering if I can do my morning laps between Walking Street and Dolphin Circle. Is it all done excepting the pump station bit?

Who can tell!?

Hopefully by Jan 16th these tents, and sheds that are there now, and make the Beach Rd more like a Syrian refugee camp, or a slum in South Africa, than a beach promenade, are bulldoozed down by then. Who knows!

This is Pattaya. If City Hall decides to make this tent city slum a permanent part of Pattaya, I wouldn't be surprised.

I slowly getting used to that there is no place to walk any more, and relax at night, headphones on, watching people. Few more brilliant decisions by City Hall, and I will consider Marocco as winter home.

Hi,

these round concrete things in the middle of the promenade, north end, had 8 bolts sticking out about a month ago. (Half of them were already bent and had the threads damaged)

attachicon.gifP1030028.JPG

Can anybody tell if in the meantime they have put these installations into use yet?

For:

Seating??? Pieces of art??? Advertising signs??? Tasteful lights?

Lights to signal the location of landing strips for alians?

With all due respect, with over 40 years as an educator, I was hoping to educate people to widen their horizons.

By educating you mean parroting over and over how you dont like this thread?
As Roy

Orbison sings,You've got it.

That is, trolling. As Rimmer has already agreed with one of my earlier posts about that, maybe he can give you a warning to educate you.

With all due respect, with over 40 years as an educator, I was hoping to educate people to widen their horizons.

By educating you mean parroting over and over how you dont like this thread?
As Roy

Orbison sings,You've got it.

With all due respect,you asked me a question,I gave a truthful answer,yes,I ,and others,know that this topic is done to the death. People posting pics of metal brackets,speed humps,lamp posts etc. just to keep it alive. That is not trolling.aveagoodnewyear and Rimmer does not need you to speak for him.your breaking forum rules there,not I.

That is, trolling. As Rimmer has already agreed with one of my earlier posts about that, maybe he can give you a warning to educate you.

A 50 meter segment by 2-3 meters wide section of seawall and tile walkway has broken up and collapsed just South of Holiday Inn. With undermining erosion as cause. Trees and an electrical unit have fallen. That new seawall is very thin , 4-5 inches thick and incredibly was constructed without support iron bars. Can someone post some photos ? thanks

Edited by morrobay

Mr Morrowbay here it is a requested:

..as you can see South looks to be in trouble.

Indeed sad.png

Something very wrong with that part of road.

But check the last pic, there is curious looking box on the pic, in weird angle. It reminds me of something... a leaning Pisa Tower in Italy!

What if this leaning transformer box becomes a major tourist attraction in Pattaya! People from all over the world go to Italy just to see this tower, a boring round building, except that it is leaning..

This here maybe the attraction in Thailand, TOT has been trying to find for years, how to attract anybody, but the poorest Russians, Indians and Chinese tourists!

Mr Morrowbay here it is a requested:

Front of Holiday Inn looks good with the large bags keeping the sand in place. North of there also looks good but as you can see South looks to be in trouble.

more

Are we allowed to say "I TOLD YOU SO" now? At least the previous versions lasted some years before falling into ruin. This one didn't even last one year.

Does the resident forum optomist still think it's a good job? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Still, not as fast as the road recently resurfaced near where I live. It lasted about a month before it collapsed under the trucks, as the subsurface had not been compacted properly. Now it's full of big potholes as well. Of course they won't do anything till a motorcyclist dies.