Thailand To Change From Left To Right Hand Driving

Lite Beer

To change sides overnight would be too much of a culture shock.

They should follow the Irish proposal and introduce it gradually.

Yes, first the people with red license plates( Dummies Plates) since they can't drive anyway. Then the drunks, because they don't really care which side of the road they drive on.

then the locals because it's fun to watch them throw even more confusion on top of an already confused and chaotic driving sometimes entertaining driving experience. I just realized

where the slogan "Amazing Thailand " came from. When you think about every time your on the roads you find something Amazingclap2.gif

I suggest that you read your article again, paying attention to your left and right , the whole article is totally contradictory as to who drives on what side and infact what side you are now and will be driving on.

For a small fee i will proof read all of your future articles so as to put them in easy to read english

cheers

neil

For no fee at all I'll just remind everyone that today is April 1st........................!

I can't believe it went three and a half pages before anybody even mentioned April Fools...

I called it on page one, but the post was deleted. (my first post here) I guess newbies aren't allowed to spoil the joke too early.

No one is allowed to spoil the joke too early, your status as a newbie is irrelevant.

whistling.gif

It is April fools-day, was there no one who could come up with a more convincing joke?

Correct. It's been done before and the headline was enough for some of us to know. I recall that a similar scheme was to be introduced gradually whereby odd numbered licence plated vehicles would continue to drive on the left while even numbered would change immediately to driving on the right. Had they said something like that perhaps less posters would have been be taken in.

I used to drive a decommissioned mail van in USA many decades ago, it's not that hard to do. Not nearly as hard as retrofitting all existing vehicles with new steering wheels. Fortunately we'll never know, unless some minister takes this seriously and implements it so yinngy doesn't lose face after the public announcement.

I can't believe it went three and a half pages before anybody even mentioned April Fools...

I called it on page one, but the post was deleted. (my first post here) I guess newbies aren't allowed to spoil the joke too early.

No one is allowed to spoil the joke too early, your status as a newbie is irrelevant.

whistling.gif

Mai pen rai.......at least you spotted it unlike some of the more 'experienced' posters who you'd think would know better!!! coffee1.gif

Edited by Rickster

What date is today?

Also why worry, a significant number of local drivers seem to be trying to master right-hand driving without the added cost of a refit.

Mmm..next April 1st centre lanes will be reserved mobile users and tourists?

Lol it's gota be a April 1st joke I'm surprised no one else figured it out before your post

Page 1 I was pissing my self laughing

Because the mods were removing posts that mentioned April Fools - that's why!

I suggest that you read your article again, paying attention to your left and right , the whole article is totally contradictory as to who drives on what side and infact what side you are now and will be driving on.

For a small fee i will proof read all of your future articles so as to put them in easy to read english

cheers

neil

Thank god! I was beginning to think I was the only one who noticed that.

The best April Fool jokes are subtle. This one is not (subtle, that is).

Subtlety is in the mind of the beholder. Obviously a fair share of the respondents here find much of life in Thailand full of incomprehensible subtleties.