Dating Thai Girls (First Trip)

alex3948

I have a lovely wife, a caring mother and after her sister borrowed 5000 bath and asked my wife for more she told her when the 5000 bath is paid back then you can borrow again if needed.

She never asked since (I am still 5000 short).

Yep, that is the best policy.

There is always somebody asking for a loan, and it generally starts with a small amount and then escalates.

I let them have the small amount, when they inevitably come back a month later, I tell them I am still waiting for the first debt to be paid off. Always quietly and always very politely.

They then go away and it works every time!

• Like 1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learned English at school and during exchange student trip.

Money: her parents paid for it, the flight transited by Seoul and Los Angeles.

Why on earth would you tell us this???

By stating places that exist obviously everything else must be true.

Oh why do I bother, caught up again in some BS.

I'm off, but thanks for the amusement guys.

• Like 1

You are only 21, this will cost you money, time and heartache. Get a nice young American girl and then another and then another. I am not saying you can't have a relationship with a Thai girl but there is so many obsticles that it's really not worth it at your age.

That is unless your are clinically obese and have a face like a gargoyle then I would say go for it wink.png

The OP is most likely a 1st generation Canadian who's family emigrated to Quebec, from central america.

As such, I expect his own culture and experience have an influence on his perceptions. He most likely has not yet attended university, but at best has a CEGEP education (equivalent of grade 12). Therefore, folk should not be too harsh on the chap.

BTW, OP do I have it right? whistling.gif

After 17 years of "dating" always good to have an in site how its done and advised as if I am a complete <deleted>.

No one Thai lady is the same as another (aside the money thing)so they cant all be pigeon holed into the OP list of do and don't

reference point 7 keep your head down if SBK or BOO get wind of it.

Edited by marstons

Did the op attend the cremation?I find it very hard to believe the gf stayed on for the trip after her grandmother passed away!

Will never happen in a good family in Thailand or anywhere else in the world.

Has her friend also been an exchange student?

Sorry for being so distrustful ,must have been here too long?

• Like 1

The wisest tip I was ever given, is to really take your time. Most Thai women have an agenda, and it serves their agenda to move things along very fast. This rarely benefits you. Nothing but downside for you, really. So, take your time. And I am talking 6 months, 12 months, 18 months. You will know who she is after that amount of time, and not before, regardless of how deluded you are, into thinking otherwise. And if she is real, she will probably wait and bear with you. Never even consider using the love world until you have been together for months. She may start using it after a week or two. This is always an illusion. Mind that word with a grain of salt. It means little after so little time. And ALWAYS be prepared to either let her walk, or give her the directions to the door, if she turns out to be not who you hoped she was. Leave your western standards of being accustomed to emasculation behind. Be a man. Most really good women here appreciate you being a man. And remember, if you do not take control of the relationship, she will. I see this all the time. Do not be afraid to make decisions, as men do.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

This whole thing makes me laugh. Was this written as a joke? Serious question.

You're giving out advice about girls and a nation you have only just met. At 21, i wouldn't take advice about canada or it's girls from you.

I wish we could fast forward 10 years and see what you would say about what you have written. That is once you have been married, seen more of Thailand than Bangkok and her village.

You might say I'm bitter and twisted. Think what you want, i wish you well. I just know what Thailand is like and i don't walk around in a bubble of everything is pink and fluffy.

• Like 1

My dear friend

Take advise from an old asian.

If youre willing to nod yes to everything your thai gal says then go ahead.Thai women are never wrong they always want there own way and when they dont get it you will get tantrums galore.

Ive never found a rich respectable thai girl with a farang unless they met in university.

A wise German told me that for the thai women

1st is her father and mother

2nd is her brother sister and relatives

3rd are her neighbours and friends

4th is her dog

and 5th is her farang husband.

So the wise German and the Old Asian got taken to the cleaners?

Genralisation overload - some of us have over 18 years of marriage to prove otherwise - jog on buddy smile.png

ps I have seen many an eyebrow raised in my 18 years of marriage, usually by cynical old tosspots not worth a w*nk

Edited by chonabot
  • Like 1

Is that some kind of a joke ? .....as a westerm woman I had to comment!

rule 1 : Relations ships take time to build...same with western women

rule 4 : When you accept a Thai girl in your life, you accept her family and friends.......heuheu same with western women

Rule 5 : learn to speak any language your partner and family speaks...it works everywhere

rule 6 : Don t be greedy.....we, also don t like greedy men! trust me

Rule 7 : Thai girls will tell you exactly what you what you want to hear, and do what you want them to do...and she will only care about you (at least will make you think that), you are so happy since she didn't bother you with her sadness over her grandma s death...how convenient is that, you only had to worry about yourself..... but she cries when you left, that s so nice....crap....This is where thai girls are very smart....she ll let you think you rule...but she does

Rule 8 : men are expected to do the first move..sorry for being old school, but we also like it

and the best is number 9 : do not cheat and or lie....yep yep, it is world famous that western women love to be lied to and cheated

My gosh!! Sometimes I wish I couldn t read!

So what you are saying is that Thai women and Western women are the same except for Rule 7 - where thai women are bs artists?

wow you are very insightful- thanks smile.png

Edited by chonabot

I find the OP more than a little naive but he is a kid with little experience after all. No doubt she will be the first of many but he can’t see that yet. I loved the line about earning trust and then jumping the girl the first time they were alone. Misplaced trust?

Then again at his age, I seem to remember waiting more than a couple of days for sex felt like an eternity, so I devised a three date rule. If I didn’t get it by halfway through the third date, I would use reverse psychology and back off. Acknowledging I was probably not what they were looking for and they were too good for me, surprisingly seemed to work more often than it didn’t.

I also found it advisable to spend my evenings in the presence of less reserved female company. It helped to take the edge off. The angst of young love is so moving and at the same time so fleeting, I suggest we sit back and allow this story to follow its normal progression. Besides how many of you guys actually have experience being 21 in thailand.

My Thai journey started late 80'. 20 years old with never ending hard on, good times!First trip,3 months with new girl or two every day, those were the days. Now, married 20 years with 3 kids and occational hard on's.

It's fairly obvious at this point that it was a troll post. Notice that the OP has now disappeared from the thread...
  • Like 1

It's fairly obvious at this point that it was a troll post. Notice that the OP has now disappeared from the thread...

Probably on skype...to the gf's slutty mates..

Quote: 1) Relationships take time to build. If your girl is a genuine girl (not the kind of Pattaya bar girl), it will take time to build a relationship and feelings to appear for her. But it is worth the wait.

Buddy, you were here for a f....ng month, 4 weeks, "Relationships take time to build" you say.

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds ??

Quote: 2) Genuine ladies in Thailand always come to the first date (whatever it is: resto, airport, boat ride, etc.) accompanied (i.e. a "chaperone"). The chaperone is there to evaluate you and check if you are suitable as a boyfriend. You are expected to pay for both of them.

Thais with money do not expect you to pay for anything.

This has nothing to do with her being a genuine lady but all with her family being "less fortunate" and expecting you as a "rich" farang to pay for everything.

That is why they hooked you through FB in the first place.

Quote: 3) The parents of a genuine lady will not let you spend some time alone together until you have earned their trust.

The parents of a genuine Thai lady would never allow their daughter to meet a farang she met on FB in the first place, you d....ss.

I hope the whole story you posted, was just a joke to get responses.

If not, please keep us posted on the progress, because this relationship has all the trademarks of becoming an entertaining one.

• Like 2

Thankyou for the advice OP.

it's good you also got a chance to see what the Pattaya girls were like during your short stay.

I'll be sure to heed this advice when my wife of 23 years leaves me and I'm searching for my next one on the Internet.

cheesy.gif

I think you all missed the point,

the boy is happy as shit and proud, what else matter ?

What you say is defenetely correct, so............... what?

I mean.....if it's a story to entairtain people.... well, ok.... otherwise it's just a buch of craps.

Sorry to be so honest.

<deleted> ...

a most enlightening and intelligent comment, are you a Ph.D in philosophy by any chance?

Yes, I got my Ph.D. in Philosophy at the University of Life in Thailand

oh dear another humourless misanthropist..

• Like 1

A lovely little fantasy story, well done, I enjoyed reading it.

May I ask

Where she learned English (age 19)?

Where did she get the money and the VISA to spend a year in America (age 19)?

When making up a story, best to allow some room for credibility.

Quite agree , same questions ....