Bangkok Bank Bill Payment

Using the Bualuang Banking website, I've been trying to add a new payee for bill payment. When I click on "Add Payee" a screen comes up to select a payee through a search. When I do the search and the payee name with services code appears, I am instructed to "Click to select payee company". Only problem is there seems to be no live link to click on to select the company.

I've called customer assistance at 1333, but they can't seem to grasp what I'm talking about. Am I missing something here, or is there a problem with their website? Anybody else had this problem?

Bob

I was about to ask an online banking question for Bank of Bangkok as well. Not the same, but related.

I'm in Chiang Mai. I want to pay my local utilities - Water Company, Regional Electric Company - but these companies aren't listed.

How can one pay these bills via Bualuang Banking? Or am I trying the impossible?

Regarding the OP question, I did a test to add a payee and ran into the same problem. I use IE10. To fix the issue I just selected Compatibility View then the live link feature started working.

• Like 1

I was about to ask an online banking question for Bank of Bangkok as well. Not the same, but related.

I'm in Chiang Mai. I want to pay my local utilities - Water Company, Regional Electric Company - but these companies aren't listed.

How can one pay these bills via Bualuang Banking? Or am I trying the impossible?

Unless the company has setup Bill Pay capability with banks, such as Bangkok Bank, and provides bills with Ref 1 and Ref 2 numbers you are probably SOL. It's like the water company here in Bangkok, you can't pay by internet banking either....of all my monthly utilities (i.e.., electric, phone, internet, cell phone service, etc) I can pay all via Bangkok Bank internet banking/bill payment, but for the water bill with the little cash register type receipt bill left in my mail box I just go to 7-11. I think there is a way I could pay the water company via Bangkok Bank by using phone banking but you have enter about a million digits each time....it's just easier to swing by 7-11 for this water bill payment....fortunately I have a couple of 7-11 close by. But I too would like to pay the water bill via ibanking, but the water company just don't generate the type of bills that come with Ref 1 and Ref 2 numbers.

You might want to check with those companies to see if a direct debit can be setup for automatic monthly payment if you feel comfortable with such a payment method....some people do...some people don't.

Thanks Pib.

I'm new to Bualuang Banking. I thought it was me.

I do find Bualuang Banking to be lacking in ease of use and ease of navigation. A partial method for paying bills as well. I can pay TOT (internet), and AIS (cell) directly, but paying rent is by bank to bank transfer (with assoc. fee). Two different methods to navigate. And then there's water and electric - SOL.

So I can pay 3/5 of my bills online, the other 2/5 I must go to 7-11. For ease of use, its 7/11. For convenience, online.

I think its good-bye Bualuang Banking - hello 7-11!

Sorry Bualuang, but you just don't measure up!

Thanks Pib.

I'm new to Bualuang Banking. I thought it was me.

I do find Bualuang Banking to be lacking in ease of use and ease of navigation. A partial method for paying bills as well. I can pay TOT (internet), and AIS (cell) directly, but paying rent is by bank to bank transfer (with assoc. fee). Two different methods to navigate. And then there's water and electric - SOL.

So I can pay 3/5 of my bills online, the other 2/5 I must go to 7-11. For ease of use, its 7/11. For convenience, online.

I think its good-bye Bualuang Banking - hello 7-11!

Sorry Bualuang, but you just don't measure up!

Paying bills via ibanking in Thailand, regardless of the bank you are with, is no where close to what many folks are use to in other countries. It probably not so much the banks, it just many Thai companies don't seem to be interested in certain types of electronic billing/payments like Bill Pay. I'm sure a bank would setup a company as a payee on the bank's system "if the company" wanted it and had the capability to generate bills with reference numbers and a company accounting/billing system that could link to the bank's Bill Pay system. Plus, I expect some companies would prefer to establish a bill payment method with a company that has outlets everywhere and don't require setting up a agreement with multiple banks' ibanking system--that where 7-11 has a real advantage in that they are durn near everywhere and it's not uncommon to see two 7-11's only a few minutes walking distance apart. Be sure to keep the 7-11 receipt for a bill payment because I've got several in-laws who have had troubles in 7-11 transferring the payment to the company...the in-laws took their receipt to 7-11 and each time 7-11 resent the payment free of charge. Happenned to the mother-in-law just last year on her electric bill.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

There is always the option to go to the bank in person and complete a direct pay request form. It usually takes a couple of billing cycles to take effect. Also, most utilities will have a direct pay process if one goes in person. Not exactly convenient, but allows one to not worry about paying the bill if their account has funds.

Unless the company has setup Bill Pay capability with banks, such as Bangkok Bank, and provides bills with Ref 1 and Ref 2 numbers you are probably SOL. It's like the water company here in Bangkok, you can't pay by internet banking either....of all my monthly utilities (i.e.., electric, phone, internet, cell phone service, etc) I can pay all via Bangkok Bank internet banking/bill payment, but for the water bill with the little cash register type receipt bill left in my mail box I just go to 7-11. I think there is a way I could pay the water company via Bangkok Bank by using phone banking but you have enter about a million digits each time....it's just easier to swing by 7-11 for this water bill payment....fortunately I have a couple of 7-11 close by. But I too would like to pay the water bill via ibanking, but the water company just don't generate the type of bills that come with Ref 1 and Ref 2 numbers.

You might want to check with those companies to see if a direct debit can be setup for automatic monthly payment if you feel comfortable with such a payment method....some people do...some people don't.

Just take the bill to Bangkok Bank and set up direct payment - have to fill out forms like before internet but it works fine once set up.