True Visions - New Channels Lineup

Mekong Bob

Nice to see BBCE there but what happened to the History Channel? Or did I scan the list too quickly?

I think it is now only History HD Channel 122.

Great! Thanks! I missed that.

There will be complaints about the restriction to HD amongst the guys around here who won't pay for it.

Not being a subscriber to true are all those channels available as one package for the same price of are you only allowed to pick a certain amount of them.

Boy would my wife be upset with that line up no Thai soap operas>

They have set packages. When we signed up for Platinum, they gave us HD free. I bet that offer is finished now and they are trying, by limiting some channels to HD, to get more subscribers to pay for it.

The lack of service on all channels before 8.00am this morning and the subsequent interruptions suggests that they have bodged the update. Channels 15 to 19 are missing so perhaps some of the missing channels will reappear later.

hellodolly, on 19 Apr 2013 - 11:02, said:

Not being a subscriber to true are all those channels available as one package for the same price of are you only allowed to pick a certain amount of them.

you still get your thai channels.

hellodolly, on 19 Apr 2013 - 11:02, said:

you still get your thai channels.

Damcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifwub.png

So, National Geographic & History are now available only to HD subscribers?

Dammit. Now how will I ever learn about "Nazi Megastructures" or "Annoying Dudes in Sewers".

Academy Fantasia is your only hope now.

About 20 channels still missing/blank from the second box,main box fully updated.

Similar problems anyone?

Yes. I'm on gold and the only movie channel i can find is Max. Also missing History channel and probably more that i never watched anyway.

This is pretty annoying. Im locked into a 12 month contract which just started 2 months ago and now they take away a bunch of my channels!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by maanoi

About 20 channels still missing/blank from the second box,main box fully updated.

Similar problems anyone?

Yes. I'm on gold and the only movie channel i can find is Max. Also missing History channel and probably more that i never watched anyway.

This is pretty annoying. Im locked into a 12 month contract which just started 2 months ago and now they take away a bunch of my channels!

If you signed up on the basis that you would get certain channels and no-one said they would be taken away, I think you would probably get away with it if you cancelled, as they have not honored their contract but I'm not certain.......I guess it's read the small print time. Why don't you send an email to customer service in Bangkok and see how the land lies.

• Like 1

Similar problems anyone?

If you signed up on the basis that you would get certain channels and no-one said they would be taken away, I think you would probably get away with it if you cancelled, as they have not honored their contract but I'm not certain.......I guess it's read the small print time. Why don't you send an email to customer service in Bangkok and see how the land lies.

Getting a reply to an email in Thailand would be classified as a minor miracle especially with our friends at TRUE smile.png

Similar problems anyone?

Getting a reply to an email in Thailand would be classified as a minor miracle especially with our friends at TRUE smile.png

I have emailed customer service a few times and always received a reply.

It wouldn't hurt to try if you really feel you've been had.

Ok so just called True. All channels that i couldnt find have actually just moved. History and all movie channels are now around channel number 130 and are labelled as HD even though i dont have an HD capable tv.

• Like 1

The amount they charge, I am really surprised there has never been any viable competing sat. service (cable, but that is limited by location and only competes on price, not line up) - there are other Thai providers, one would have thought they'd have used their infrastructure to reap some gold from us expats and hotels, bars, and cafes - a little competition would be great! Or at least a local legal internet TV subscription provider (TV on demand) - so we aren't screwed for international bandwidth and illegal stream sites, and can stream properly licenses channels instead. Business idea anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

use the "favourites" optiion to highlight (gold star) your favourites and then using the "genre" function instead of displaying "all channels" change it to favourites and you will see only the channels you have selected as favourite ................... easy, peasy, lemon, squeezy !

WETV has also changed its lineup and not in this farang's best interest. Having their movies on a continuous loop made it hard enough to find anything that was worth viewing or hadn't been shown before. But with two English movie channels I could occasionally catch a decent movie. Now one of those channels has been switched to Thai programs leaving me out of the loop. WE is included in the rent but I will have to change but do not know which way to go. Should it be satellite, magic boxes, what? Any recommendations please.

WETV has also changed its lineup and not in this farang's best interest. Having their movies on a continuous loop made it hard enough to find anything that was worth viewing or hadn't been shown before. But with two English movie channels I could occasionally catch a decent movie. Now one of those channels has been switched to Thai programs leaving me out of the loop. WE is included in the rent but I will have to change but do not know which way to go. Should it be satellite, magic boxes, what? Any recommendations please.

I was at Wetv office today and brought up the loss of one of the movie channels, they say it will be back to normal

next week, if they are to be believed, also just hope they get some of the EPL games,but not holding my breath !

regards Worgeordie