Talay 7

philcon

Hi

I,m thinking of coming over to pattaya for 6 months from Australia

i am thinking Talay 7 might be a good place to stay 25,000 - 35,000bht is my rent target

i was hoping someone might have personal knowledge of this apartment block or similar

many thanks phil

If you are talking about a studio it shouldn't be hard to find something for much less than that in VT7. But maybe you are talking about a 1-bed (double) unit?

All quoted prices are way over the top here: dont be afraid to negotiate very hard especially for long term rentals. There is always another empty unit for rent next door.

Apart from that VT7 is OK. Some rooms have better views than others. Some rooms near the "V" look directly into the rooms on the side wing, and vice-versa. I couldnt live like that. Some rooms can get quite a lot of noise from the bars below. VT5 (next door) is almost identical inside and is cheaper. Some rooms there have very nice views, very few are overlooked and most get little noise from outside.

With all VT buildings the internal unit finish is down to the owner (they are sold as shells) and so the quality and style varies wildly from one room to another. Some are very nice and some are cheap crap done in the worst possible taste.

• Like 2

VT7 has some great views & a convenient location on the beach in Jomtien.

It's only a few years old and maybe 1/4 occupied most of the time.

As mentioned above internal fit outs differ , I suggest look around at a few - it's a renters market.

You should be able to get a high floor 1 bedroom for the budget mentioned.

I have a condo in View Talay 2A not far from VT 7 but not quite as convienient to the beach. My condo isn't for rent but I have noticed places in the building, 37 or 41 sqmt, going for around B12,000 to 15,000 per month. Prices depend on what floor, quality of the fit, length of contract, time of year and of course how desperate the landlord is to rent. The high season has just ended so that puts you in a good position if your planning on coming soon.

I looked at this building 2 years ago. Lots of build outs were going on at that time. Something you might want to consider before moving in. Take a mosey around one day in the morning and see if there are construction crews on your floor or the ones nearby. Sound travels a long way in buildings like that.

Good advice. Come over waste money on a hotel spend half your holiday looking at cindos then find one that you saw advertised and get the rent down to 5k a month.

what an over exaggeration!

it will take 1-2 days to get a nice deal......probably saving about 10k a month.

• Like 1

Good advice. Come over waste money on a hotel spend half your holiday looking at cindos then find one that you saw advertised and get the rent down to 5k a month.

what an over exaggeration!

it will take 1-2 days to get a nice deal......probably saving about 10k a month.

But the TV members who are in the online rental business, because they can't afford a legal business license and an office, will miss out in that case whistling.gif

The best method to find an apartment:

Craigs List,

Baht & Sold,

Thai Visa Classifieds

Pattaya Newspapers

Bulletin Boards at Foodland, Friendship, Food Mart

Find a place to view, then try to meet some neighbors and ask about the property.

Studios in View Talay 7 are listed at 25,000 but that is for short time, one month stays.

If you are staying 6 months, you should get it for about 15,000.

VT5 is probably a quieter option with the same price range.

VT6 is probably the best location. (If you want to be in Pattaya).

RIght next to Central in Pattaya. May cost a bit more.

• 5 months later...

Sure, rent a View Talay condo if you don't mind feeling as if you have just entered a particularly drab jail as soon as you set foot in the lobby.

Actually only the first two VT buildings (1A and B) had drab lobbies. From 2 up they get a lot smarter, and VT7 is probably the smartest VT lobby.

Fancy lobbies with aircon and waterfalls and potted plants and comfy sofas just means higher common fees, and who needs that?

Personally as I never sleep or watch TV in the lobby or in the corridor, as long as the common areas are clean I really dont give a xxxx what they look like; I'm only interested in how the inside of my unit is fitted out and decorated.

• Like 1