Is There Any Where In Pattaya You Avoid?

chrispbacon

Anywhere around Walking Street [ Stalking Street ?? ] late at night

In fact I avoid similar areas in Every Country I travel late at night.

East LA & East Cleveland ALL the time , Paris Trains after hours , NY subway ,

The Valley , Kings Cross , Northbridge , St.Kilda are Aussie areas to avoid late at night also

Pattaya is not alone.

I am confident in Singapore but don't walk around blithely unaware of my surrounds anywhere

ph34r.png

• Like 1

Walking street primarily.

Spent some time in the Indian/Arab areas just to watch the goings on, which was fun.

I also often avoid Soi Bua Khao when driving myself as the traffic is just beyond nuts there. You can actually sit at a bar at one of the intersections and wait for an accident to occur before your second beer. (Ok, slight exaggeration, but enough to not attempt to go through there driving myself, or on a motorbike taxi.)

BTW, would the OP like to know for what reasons we might avoid certain areas, (as he didn't specify it in the original post) or are we going to assume we all have the same tastes and concerns, rational or not? wink.png

As mentioned above, the most obvious reason I avoid some areas is traffic; either overly congested, or downright bonkers. And walking street I avoid because I don't like gogo bars all that much, unless with friends who want to go there. I also stopped gong to Wong Amat Beach, as all the cheap and friendly beach stands are pretty much gone, in favor of huge construction projects.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

There is nowhere to avoid in Pattaya. You just need to adjust your level of alertness in some places for example in a dark quiet Soi, any spots where boorish drunks congregate, wherever a fight is in progress or about to start, when a gaggle of ladyboys are approaching you....:D

Walking street primarily.

Spent some time in the Indian/Arab areas just to watch the goings on, which was fun.

I also often avoid Soi Bua Khao when driving myself as the traffic is just beyond nuts there. You can actually sit at a bar at one of the intersections and wait for an accident to occur before your second beer. (Ok, slight exaggeration, but enough to not attempt to go through there driving myself, or on a motorbike taxi.)

Soi LK if you are driving for sure.

I had an friend staying at Metro appartments who couldn't walk well & offered to pick him up there in a Chev Colorado , a nightmare.

You need nerves of steel to drive Soi Buakhao .

• Like 1

In terms of personal safety there are two places.

1. Soi 6/1 at any time (aggressive lady boys). The street is very quiet and it's quite possible to be the victim of robbery or worse there. I unwisely used it as a short cut to avoid the gauntlet of Soi 6. Never again.

2. Beach Road - under the trees or the bar side after 2am - ladyboys. Certainly avoid walking up Beach Rd any time when it's late - just get the baht bus on the corner of Second Rd.

The traffic is just diabolical just about everywhere. Ankle biting motorbikes from all directions. Take care.

If you are walking around - be careful where u are after ?? 2am in the morning. Walking down a dark soi or along the beach is asking for trouble. Walking Street doesn't seem to be a problems since there are so many people there ;however, if you are totally drunk then hard telling what trouble you can get into. According to the news, there is also a lot of (some?) local gang crimes/disputes that happen after midnight. I'd avoid riding my motorcyle down 3rd street or Sukimvit late at night.

Walking Street, Boyztown (sp?), Soi Buakow (sp?), Beach Road at night.......really, if it were not for Starbucks and Central Festival Mall, I would not even go to Pattaya. I don't enjoy being around drunks, Katoys, and Skinheads. I also don't like traffic jams, air pollution, noise pollution and people pollution. It seems like an aggressive, violent-prone, angry and depressing cesspool now. Unfortunately, the same is happening in Jomtien. Maybe the low season will make things a bit better in terms of the things that I mentioned. I hope so. Some people actually love the place. Those people can have it.

Soi baukow if you drive a car, also at around 4pm to 9 pm traffic is hectic. The beach at night, but as a total Pattaya is safe if you keep your nose clean. Walking street is good to see it a few times but once you have seen its the same every time, pricy drinks, hot girls wanting plenty of big tips and even bloke waitresses wanting tips almost a frequent as the girls. I'm sure there is plenty of info you can get of the net.

Have fun

The Valley , Kings Cross , Northbridge , St.Kilda are Aussie areas to avoid late at night also

Pattaya is not alone.

I am confident in Singapore but don't walk around blithely unaware of my surrounds anywhere

ph34r.png

Northbridge ????? it is where all the wealthy japanese executives and japanese expats live in Sydney ? Is there something that you know about the area that you could tell us?

Pattaya is not alone.

ph34r.png

Northbridge ????? it is where all the wealthy japanese executives and japanese expats live in Sydney ? Is there something that you know about the area that you could tell us?

Northbridge Perth I suspect