Not New But Enforced Today

Just back from Nonthaburi Immigration..

4 people in front of me did not have the correct paperwork, thankfully I always take just encase.. today was that day.. Last used or was asked for this Form about 2 years ago.at Nonthaburi

They are asking for copy of Blue Book, Copy of Owners i.d card, and the form to go with it.... just scanned a new one I picked up today..

Young lady at the back [never seen before] desk was checking every stamp in all passports, with a calculator, a calender and her fingers [Looking for back overstay not paid fees ? No idea] This was the longest wait time.

post-42643-0-35775200-1366695549_thumb.j

The form attached in the OP is TM.30. A clearer copy of it can be downloaded here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/16-tm30-notification-form-for-house-master-owner-or-the-possessor-of-the-residence-where-aliens-have-stay/

The requirement for the form TM.30 and its correct use are discussed in this topic:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/629542-phuket-immigration-warns-of-drive-on-foreign-stay-reports/

4 people in front of me did not have the correct paperwork, thankfully I always take just encase.. today was that day.. Last used or was asked for this Form about 2 years ago.at Nonthaburi

They are asking for copy of Blue Book, Copy of Owners i.d card, and the form to go with it.... just scanned a new one I picked up today..

Young lady at the back [never seen before] desk was checking every stamp in all passports, with a calculator, a calendar and her fingers [Looking for back overstay not paid fees ? No idea] This was the longest wait time.

Did my extension there a couple of weeks ago, two days before the holiday, they were all in happy shirts. I took all the above, same as last year. The TM30, decided best to say I arrived in the house the day before, just in case anything was said re. why didn't the housemaster report your arrival within 24Hrs. Same with the lady studying the passports.

I didn't take enough copies of everything though, my wife had to keep 'popping out'. I did the extension, re entry permit and 90Day all the same time. Well 90Day first, extension second and re-entry last.

The form attached in the OP is TM.30. A clearer copy of it can be downloaded here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/16-tm30-notification-form-for-house-master-owner-or-the-possessor-of-the-residence-where-aliens-have-stay/

The requirement for the form TM.30 and its correct use are discussed in this topic:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/629542-phuket-immigration-warns-of-drive-on-foreign-stay-reports/

I just read through all 7 pages of the reporting topic. Even after downloading and reading the Immigration Act (18 pages) I'm still not clear. So here is a question.........well 3

I live quite close to Chaengwattana Immigration Office BUT actually in Nonthaburi and the Nonthburi Immigration Office is quite some way away. So the House-master can report my returning to the local police or has to do it to Nonthaburi Immigration? I have to do anything? Is the proposed fine (the 2000Baht) a one off or daily?

Edited by JAS21

Sorry, blue book? And if you are renting a house or a flat?

...and people wonder why I just go the multiple O route, what a hassle! And the woman counting your days, beyind belief. This happened to me once on the border. So if you enter on X day and exit on the day the cops stamp in your pp, even the day before - if they made a mistake, you pay. I really hate these people. Its just so petty, small, tedious. This stuff sends me to the moon!

Very informative though - thanks.

• Like 1

Just advise to anyone going to Nonthaburi Immigration.. so they do not have to go back again with more paperwork...

The Officer I know, he knows me [patch over eye] he has been there since day 1....... my 1st visit was a few days after they opened this Office... Last time they ask for this extra paperwork was 2 or 3 years ago, I always take these papers, but until yesterday have never been asked for them..

because the people in front of me did not have this paperwork, I was as it were No: 2, and all done within 10 mins of arriving, waiting for my passport from the rear desk took another 40 mins, still all done and out well within the hour..

No idea about Apartments, I had house built 10 years ago, of course it is in my partners name = Blue book and their i.d card copy.

With all the research I have done wrt extension of stay, this form has never been mentioned before.

I am in the process of applying for my extension with form TM 7, do I now need this TM 30? or is that something my wife is responsible for as of course our house is in her name.

Where does it all end? (and please don't say when you leave the Kingdom) it is a rhetorical question.

Cheers.

With all the research I have done wrt extension of stay, this form has never been mentioned before.

I am in the process of applying for my extension with form TM 7, do I now need this TM 30? or is that something my wife is responsible for as of course our house is in her name.

Where does it all end? (and please don't say when you leave the Kingdom) it is a rhetorical question.

Cheers.

Where does it all end?

​As I said it is not new........ 2 or 3 years ago arriving was crowds of people on the steps waiting to go in, inside there were lots of girls with these papers, everyone was given these Forms and a printed notice of what was needed, [in the days when the Immigration office was a small room on the right] next day when I took all the new forms back they took them, and I got another form TM30 on my way out, filled it in copied the rest and have in in my Folder, never asked for this again a number of visits since that day, until yesterday.

Nothing difficult, just have it with you, will save another trip with the extra paperwork.. of course today or next week they may not be asking for this paperwork...... did notice the person in front of me with these forms did have a hand drawn map of where they lived, I did not [forgot] but was not asked for it..

Cheers.

I would advise you to print one off (two pages),fill it out and get your wife to sign, also copy of House book and wife's ID in addition to the paperwork that you normally supply.

I think I supplied to Nonthaburi in addition to above.

1- passport size photo (could have been two)

Copy of main page of passport

Copy of last entry stamp

Copy of Arrival Card

Copy of last extension stamp

TM7 form completed

1900Baht

Can't remember anything else ... if I have forgotten something someone will add.

JAS21 that is about it....

Do remember long time ago doing a 90 day report they need 2 photos, they stuck one on the top and one on the portion that was given back. I had lots of photo's with me so no problem, just was not expecting to use any......... This was only ever asked for once in all the years going to Immigration....... Like with a map of where you live, I think have been ask twice for it only in all the years [forgot this time, but not asked]

Just another concern about this TM 30 form.......it states on it that "Must Notify Within 24 Hours From The Time Of Arriving At Residence".

Ok, guilty......haven't done this (as this is the first I've known of this form).

So my question is......what date do I put on the form when I include it with the rest of my arsenal, just in case I get asked for this form?

Do I put the date that I last arrived in Thailand, which obviously would show that we (my wife and I ) have not reported it within 24 hours, or do I put in the date before I submit my extension of stay?

Cheers.

edit: just a note, I obtained my yellow tabien book the other day, if this makes any difference (that process was a nightmare....don't ask)

Cheers.

Edited by Rsquared

I would let the immigration officer ask the TM 30 and plead ignorance if he does. You can always complete the TM 30 there if they require it. Next time you leave the country or stay at a hotel that reports your stay mail a TM 30 to immigration with a return envelope (stamped) by registered mail. They will send the receipt portion back to your wife. She should keep this receipt until you make another TM 30 report.

Thanks "asiaexpat" but I do like to go prepared as it is a 120km drive to my "local" immigration office and so I will have the form filled out just in case it is asked for, just wondering about the dates is all.

Just wondering, have many other members bothered with this form......as I said this is the first I've heard of it....I know it's been around for a while.

Cheers.

Thanks "asiaexpat" but I do like to go prepared as it is a 120km drive to my "local" immigration office and so I will have the form filled out just in case it is asked for, just wondering about the dates is all.

Just wondering, have many other members bothered with this form......as I said this is the first I've heard of it....I know it's been around for a while.

Cheers.

My wife got fined when she failed to file TM30 about 4 years ago so she does send one every time someone visits. That was a lot of reports until my kids got Thai passports. She also mails one each time I am reported somewhere else, for instance a trip out of the country or checking into a hotel in a different province. This may be overkill, but she does not want to have problems in the future.

...I am in the process of applying for my extension with form TM 7, do I now need this TM 30? or is that something my wife is responsible for as of course our house is in her name...

Yes, your wife is responsible for the TM.30

... just a note, I obtained my yellow tabien book the other day, if this makes any difference...

Yes, this makes a difference. Now you can consider yourself to be the head of household (House Master) and report your own arrival at your residence with the form TM.30, which means that your wife does not have to do it. The report must be made within 24 hours of your arrival and can be mailed; include a stamped and addressed envelope for the receipt you will get.