Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I was making the point that they didn't come through your youth as Ronnie suggested.

However, 900k wasn't exactly cheap at that time and you also smashed the transfer record between british clubs when you signed Peter Beardsley at about the same time (almost 2m wasn't it).

5 years previous to us signing Barnes, Trevor Francis was the first 1m player so these figures were nothing new or obscene plenty of other clubs were spending similar amounts or even more. Bryan Robson was like 1.5m in early 80's and mark Hughes a bit later was more than Barnes but we ruled the roost so no reason we should not be competing for the title this season as we never had the most cash EVER so it's nothing new and the truth is real footy fans and neutrals would prefer the underdog to win than a manufactured team built on fat cash injections.

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

5 years previous to us signing Barnes, Trevor Francis was the first 1m player so these figures were nothing new or obscene plenty of other clubs were spending similar amounts or even more. Bryan Robson was like 1.5m in early 80's and mark Hughes a bit later was more than Barnes but we ruled the roost so no reason we should not be competing for the title this season as we never had the most cash EVER so it's nothing new and the truth is real footy fans and neutrals would prefer the underdog to win than a manufactured team built on fat cash injections.

Sorry mate but you're missing my point. I said:-

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:39 AM, mrbojangles said:

I'm not going to search and hunt down facts but I'll hazard a guess that when you were winning things, you were one of the biggest spenders. So what this "Liverpool way" is I don't know. History tells us that it is usually the biggest spenders who win the most.

The fact that you smashed an English to English transfer record when you bought Peter Beardsley proves you were one of the big spenders. Yes the Barnes figure had been beaten but it wasn't common place, only big clubs with big money were paying those figures. Bit like nowadays where a 50m figure isn't unusual but only clubs with a big wedge can pay it

Don't know why you are trying to deny it. So tell me again please, what is the "Liverpool way"?

Happy with that. Brighton are no pushovers and confidence would have been high for them after their last game. Very impressed with Chris hughton just gets on with it with little to no drama.

Was worried during the last 5 minutes but this defence is not like previous seasons.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Two banana skins today and one side pulled it off.

So what went wrong for those blue sheikhs today? Are wolves that good? I'm half expecting bareback to cry about var or something. Seems to be the easiest excuse.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Becker is bit of a mental though, yes we know you've got feet, no need to prove it every time you get the ball, Jesus wept. 

He will come unstuck eventually, law of averages, it will be messy. 

make who was at anfield messaged that they probably need to install defibrillators in the main stand.

good save at the end though and he does play like a grown-up. we weren't particularly good, didn't really click, but fair play to brighton, thought they were good and made it difficult.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

So what went wrong for those blue sheikhs today? Are wolves that good? I'm half expecting bareback to cry about var or something. Seems to be the easiest excuse.

Think you've been watching your favourite movie way too often and been having those dreams again

images-3.jpeg

3 hours ago, StevieH said:

make who was at anfield messaged that they probably need to install defibrillators in the main stand.

good save at the end though and he does play like a grown-up. we weren't particularly good, didn't really click, but fair play to brighton, thought they were good and made it difficult.

Yeah he’s a brilliant keeper no doubt, and that was a huge save. 3 clean sheets, great defending as a team. 

Still for me VVD has been the greatest impact. Look at Joe Gomez now after playing along side him. 

Thought Mane was well off his game yesterday. Gini has been incredible though, amazing what a bit of competition for a place can do. 

We were off yesterday and it feels brilliant to have won like that. Without getting in to the cliches, we now know how to win another way, that’s ever way covered for me now. 

Looking forward to seeing these boys move up a few more gears. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

We were off yesterday and it feels brilliant to have won like that. Without getting in to the cliches, we now know how to win another way, that’s ever way covered for me now. 

Looking forward to seeing these boys move up a few more gears. 

As they say sometimes you have to win ugly. Strange to see Salah off his game even though he scored. Brighton made it difficult defending deep and well but were never in the game. 

Another top interview afterwards with Klopp. He must be a great coach to work for. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Pot 3 it is then for you boys. Narrowly missed out on Pot 2. Could be (will be) some difficult games

we ARE the difficult games. 

absolutely nobody wants to draw liverpool out of pot 3.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

We don’t need this though, I’d rather an easy group.

Tough intense games in the group means more likely heavier fatigue, injuries and dropped points in the league. 

No easy games in the CL Bob...you need your best team out for 'em all....plus less likelihood of a trip to Khazakhstan....mind you would probably regard that as a home fixture. ?

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

No easy games in the CL Bob...you need your best team out for 'em all....plus less likelihood of a trip to Khazakhstan....mind you would probably regard that as a home fixture. ?

not entirely sure that's true really ronnie. man city last season were a piece of piss for example.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, StevieH said:

not entirely sure that's true really ronnie. man city last season were a piece of piss for example.

Yes I should have said few.

Just looked at the groups and 2nd or 3rd is not a huge difference really.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Oh dear.........its going to go off now!!!!!  ?

Have to say, i'd love to see City and Liverpool get draw together again in the knockouts,  it offers so much to the neutral.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Tell me again what trophies you ended up with

Its easy when the ref gets the decisions wrong to your club's  benifit (2nd leg). And no trophies, just a reminder to everybody involved in football  in europe that liverpool still stuck in the violent 70s as a place to visit for the away club.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Haha 1